Cornell Chicken Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
Beat the egg, then add the oil and beat again. Add other ingredients and stir. The recipe can be varied to suit individual tastes. Leftover sauce can be stored in a glass jar in a refrigerator for several weeks.
* Adjust the quantity or eliminate salt to meet individual health needs and taste. Barbecued chicken basted frequently during cooking will be saltier than chicken that has been lightly basted.
Why This Chicken Breast Recipe Is Great
- A handful of simple ingredients. You only need a few ingredients and you likely have them on hand already.
- Fast and easy. You can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes with this recipe. Its so simple to make, perfect for busy days.
- Delicious! Baked BBQ Chicken Breast is juicy, tender, and covered in the most flavorful sticky BBQ sauce.
What To Serve With Bbq Chicken
You can serve this Baked BBQ Chicken Breast with any easy sides you like! For a well-rounded meal, choose a vegetable, healthy grain, and serving of fruit to go with the protein-dense chicken. Here are some ideas to get you started:
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and dont forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on | | | for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Also Check: Pioneer Woman Pasta Sauce Review
Grilled Chicken Thighs With Alabama White Sauce
It’s time to fire up the grill. These grilled chicken thighs are the perfect main dish for a summer cookout. Seasoned with simple panty spices like paprika, oregano, cumin, and onion powder, this grilled chicken thigh recipe is as classic as they come. With less than 35 minutes of prep time, it’s quick, easy, and oh-so savory. You’ll experience a burst of delicious flavor with every bite. Why thighs, you might ask? Bone-in, dark meet boats of incredible moisture, making it an incredibly appetizing dish.As if perfectly seasoned grilled chicken isn’t enough, this Southern cuisine is topped with Alabama white sauce. Originally created in 1925 in Decatur, Alabama, this creamy sauce is made with a combination of mayonnaise, hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and several spices, making it the perfect accompaniment to grilled chick thighs. Give grilled chicken thighs with Alabama white sauce a try at your next cookout, and we guarantee your guests will love it.
To Barbecue The Broilers:
Place the broiler halves over the fire after the flame is gone. Turn the halves every five to ten minutes, depending on the heat from the fire. Use turners or a long handled fork. The chicken should be basted with a fiber brush at each turning. The basting should be light at first and heavy near the end of the cooking period.
Test the chicken to see whether it is done by pulling the wing away from the body and using a meat thermometer. If the meat in this area splits easily and the meat thermometer reads at least 165°F in the breast and thigh, the chicken is done.
Don’t Miss: Texas Pete Hot Wing Sauce Recipe
These Baked Bbq Chicken Drumsticks Are Deliciously Simple To Make And A Sure Family Favorite
Baked chicken drumsticks recipe bbq sauce. Turn the drumsticks again and brush with the remaining sauce. Arrange drumsticks into a baking dish. Remove the chicken from the baking dish and remove all of the liquid for the dish.
For those nights when you are wanting. Bake until sticky and glazed, about 5 minutes more. How to make bbq chicken drumsticks in the oven:
Spray the chicken with cooking oil, then place it back in the oven and continue to bake it for 15 minutes. The baking time may vary, and may depend on aspects such. The amount of bbq sauce needed will vary depending on how thickly you apply it on the chicken, but figure.
You can use your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe, however, if you are motivated enough to make your own, i recommend my homemade bbq sauce recipe. Next, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. These easy baked bbq chicken drumsticks would make the perfect dinner recipe.
Get coals lit and arranged, or light gas grill and set to high, and bring to 350 degrees. Return to the oven and bake until glazed, about 5 minutes. Spread some of the bbq sauce on the bottom of the pan, enough to cover the bottom.
As an option, add a drizzle of sesame oil and vinegar, and rub the sauces into the chicken until evenly coated. Prepare the bbq sauce mixture and package in a separate freezer bag or container. When the time is up, remove from the oven and brush each chicken drumstick with bbq sauce.
Honey Chipotle Wings Recipe Yummly Recipe Baked bbq
Tips For The Best Bbq Sauce
- Add a blend of various ingredients to build lots of flavor. Here we use a fair amount that all come together and pair perfectly.
- Dont omit all the sweeteners or sauce will be very sour and unbalanced.
- Let it simmer and reduce to thicken. The simmering not only helps meld the flavors but it thickens the sauce since some of the liquid evaporates.
- Wait to add bbq sauce to chicken or ribs until the last 5 10 minutes of grilling or baking so it doesnt burn excessively and dont cook over high heat once added, use a medium heat.
- If its been in the fridge dont forget to let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes so you arent serving it cold with warm food .
Also Check: Tomato Sauce And Gout
Favorite Ways To Use Bbq Sauce
- Chicken Use on baked chicken for a flavorful meal or drizzled over shredded chicken for a BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
- Pork Delicious with ribs, brisket and definitely with pulled pork. Hello, best pulled pork sandwich ever!
- Burgers Delicious on hamburgers in place of ketchup for a tasty BBQ Burger.
- Pizza Use in place of pizza sauce for a BBQ Chicken Pizza or a Pulled Pork Pizza. Yum!
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
The most tender, juicy chicken grilled to PERFECTION, smothered in a thick, homemade BBQ sauce. You can also make this ahead of time!
Summer is not one of my favorite seasons.
For starters, I like sweater season. Because I can typically sneak in an extra serving of fries underneath my clunky grandma sweaters.
But I think this BBQ chicken was a legit game changer for me.
Theres just something about those grill marks that makes summer so much better.
Plus. That homemade BBQ sauce, guys. Its something youll want to put on E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
I mean, dont judge me but I totally slathered that on my eggs this morning. And yes. It was epic.
Also Check: Get Red Sauce Out Of Clothes
How To Cook Bbq Chicken On The Grill
Prepare clean grill grates to minimize sticking and preheat the grill at 400-450°F. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive or canola oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange the breasts on the hot grill grates and cook for 4-6 minutes with the lid closed. If the chicken sticks to the grill grate, let it cook a minute more before trying to flip again. Cook on the second side for another 4-5 minutes. Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce, flip, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat on the other side side. The chicken is done when the internal temp is 160°F and the juices run clear. Let the chicken rest a few minutes for the temp to raise to 165°F and the juices to settle before serving.
Our Favorite Bbq Chicken Sides
You could go so many directions with your BBQ chicken sidestheres no real right answer to this one. A green salad and some chips, or some macaroni salad, even, would be so good. You could use the chicken to build a super great sandwich, in which case sides arent even necessary. But, if youd like to build a really classic BBQ chicken dinner, these side dish recipes are the way to go:
You May Like: Costco Rao’s Marinara
How To Make Bbq Chicken In The Oven
Roasting BBQ chicken thighs in the oven is such an easy process, and with some foil protecting your baking sheet, the clean-up is a breeze. A lot of people wonder if you put BBQ sauce on chicken before or after baking and we firmly believe that the correct answer is that you do BOTH! More BBQ sauce is always a good thing. Plus, start to finish our BBQ chicken recipe takes only about 25-30 minutes. Lots of that time is downtime, too, so while the chicken bakes, you can be tossing a salad or boiling some corn. In other words, dinner doesnt get much easier or more sure-to-please than this BBQ chicken! Heres how to make it:
Make the BBQ sauce! Simmer the BBQ sauce ingredients for a few minutes until the brown sugar has fully dissolved and the flavors have had a chance to meld.
Prep the chicken! Salt the chicken thighs and coat them with sauce.
Bake the chicken thighs! On a wire rack on a sheet pan in a 425°F degree oven for about 10 minutes. Half way through, flip the chicken and brush it with extra sauce.
Broil the chicken thighs! This will get them nice and brown on the edges and will really make the sauce concentrated and a little stickyjust the way its supposed to be!
Eat the chicken thighs! With extra BBQ sauce on the side, because YUM!
Best Bbq Sauce For Chicken
This is our favorite BBQ sauce for chicken. It has the perfect balance between sweet and tangy with a little hint of smokiness. It makes chicken taste amazing! It’s also quick to make and easily refined sugar-free.
THIS. Yes, this sweet, tangy, smoky, and oh so tasty BBQ sauce that is perfect for chicken. Or perfect for nearly everything you want to taste like delicious BBQ.
Also Check: How Long Does Heatonist Take To Ship
Crock Pot Bbq Chicken With Homemade Bbq Sauce
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce is easy and luscious! Use the shredded chicken in sandwiches, nachos, wraps, and more.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Can we talk about the easiest crock pot recipe there ever was? Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce is where its at!
Chicken breasts are placed into a crock pot, drizzled with an easy homemade BBQ sauce thenslow cooked. Bet you didnt see that coming. ) Shred said cooked chicken then use in everything from sandwiches, like Im showing here, to nachos, wraps, quesadillas, or salads.
I get asked about summer crock pot recipes all the time, and this recipe definitely fits the bill. Whats more summery than BBQ Chicken made in a crock pot so theres no heating up your kitchen or grill? Plus, by letting the crock pot do the work for you, youll have more time to spend outdoors.
The homemade BBQ sauce the chicken cooks in is totally easy, too. Its a bit tangy, spicy, and not too sweet but if youre just not feeling up to the task you could use your favorite bottled Q too. Whatever gets you eating faster!
Old Fashion Bbq Chicken And Sauce
This old fashioned BBQ chicken with an easy BBQ rub and a no cook BBQ sauce will have the neighbors swooning when they smell it on your grill. A family classic recipe-I know you will love it!
Every now and then, my mom would BBQ chicken. We werent like my husbands family from Texas, who bbqed briskets and such. We did chicken and that was our BBQ.
If my mom wasnt opening a blue and red jar of BBQ sauce, she sometimes made her own. That was a special treat.
I dont have her recipe, but I believe it was similar to the one Im sharing today. I kept it simple, but perused a few of my old cookbooks that soon might be labeled vintage.
It seems most old fashioned sauces contained butter, lemon juice and ketchup. Pretty consistent, they were.
This simple sauce is better than most. Thats really downplaying this sauce. Honestly? This rich sauce is INCREDIBLE!
It is tart and sweet with a good dose of garlic and black pepper. Please make a double batch because it keeps well in the fridge.
Trust me. You will find lots of reasons to use it!
This sweet and savory sauce requires no cooking though it does require melting butter. You can do that, cant you?
Buy a whole chicken and cut it into pieces. Chicken has more flavor if cooked still on the bone.
You can buy a cut up chicken but often I end up with one huge thigh and one small thigh and Id just rather have my thighs the same size, thank you very much! So, I cut my own.
Recommended Reading: Honey Roasted Bbq Chick Fil A Bottle
How To Make Baked Bbq Chicken Breast
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Then grease a casserole dish with a bit of oil.
- Season chicken: Place the chicken breast into a large Ziploc bag. Add oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, and salt. Shake well until fully coated with oil and spices.
- Add BBQ sauce and bake: Next, place the chicken into the prepared dish. Brush the breast with half of the BBQ sauce and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Flip and add more sauce: After 15 minutes flip the chicken and brush again with the BBQ sauce and continue to bake until cooked through.
- Serve: Once done, remove from the oven. Slice and serve warm with the remaining BBQ sauce.
How To Make Barbecue Sauce From Scratch
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
You might notice that the sauce smells a little vinegary when bubbling in the pan, but the vinegar smell and taste mellows beautifully as the sauce cools
Also Check: Ragu Alfredo Sauce Gluten-free
Ingredients Of Chicken In Barbecue Sauce
- For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the barbecue sauce:
- 2 tbsp japanese soya sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp tabasco sauce
Homemade Bbq Sauce Recipe Ingredients
This BBQ Sauce comes together quickly with just a handful of ingredients that I generally have in my refrigerator or my pantry and is one that I think you all will fall in love with as well. Ive had friends ask me to please make extra for them to take home and if Id bottle it, theyd surely buy it.
To make this homemade BBQ Sauce, youll need:
Also Check: Tomatoes Good For Gout
How Long To Cook Bbq Chicken
Whether you cook this BBQ chicken on the grill or in the oven, youll want to cook the chicken nearly all the way through before adding the BBQ sauce at the end. Sauces like BBQ sauce contain a fair amount of sugar that can easily burn. Adding the sauce at the end and searing quickly minimizes the chance of it burning.
Here Are A Few Ways To Use This Bbq Sauce
- Pour it over chicken thighs and bake them in the oven.
- Sear a juicy steak and then add this BBQ sauce at the very end, just long enough to warm it up.
- Brush it onto veggies before you grill them.
- Coat the inside of a portobello mushroom in this BBQ sauce, pop it on the grill then use it as a delicious meatless burger patty.
- Mix a small spoonful into some ranch dressing and use it to smother your burger.
- Mix it into some mayonnaise and make a special dip for your fries.
- Add some to your potato salad for a smoky BBQ potato salad.
- Simmer meatballs in it and serve them as an appetizer. Mmm BBQ meatballs!
Recommended Reading: How To Get Old Tomato Stains Out Of Clothes
The Best Bbq Sauce For Chicken Is This One You Make Yourself
Nothing beats homemade BBQ sauce, and our recipe couldnt be easier. We built is around everyones favorite secret ingredientregular old ketchup! Ketchup is a magical pantry superpower, and if youre not in the habit of adding a little of ketchup to sauces and marinades, well, get in the habit! You see, ketchup isnt just puréed tomatoes and sugar. It is loaded with spices and cooked until the flavor is super concentrated. In other words, ketchup offers a major bang-for-buck in terms of flavor! Adding spices to it just enhances the existing deliciousness. Our BBQ sauce takes ketchup and makes is into the worlds best BBQ sauce by adding:
Regular sweet paprika
A Guide To Safe Chicken Barbecues
Raw chicken and other meat can harbor harmful bacteria. At temperatures between 41°F and 140°F, these microorganisms can multiply and cause illness. But if you take a few simple precautions during preparation and cook chicken thoroughly to kill bacteria, you don’t have to worry about foodborne illness.
Remember to take what you know about kitchen cleanliness and safe food handling out to the grill:
- If you prepare the barbecue sauce ahead of time, refrigerate it. Take to the grill only the amount of sauce you will use to baste the chicken at the time.
- If you are preparing large quantities of sauce for a community organization’s barbecue, you can use pasteurized eggs** for an extra margin of safety. Pasteurization kills any harmful bacteria that might be in the eggs.
- Clean your hands just before working with food. If hot water and soap are not available nearby, use disposable wet hand wipes.
Make a habit of following these few simple rules and you, your family and friends, and your community can enjoy safe and tasty chicken barbecues all season long!
* Cornell Information Bulletin 862, Barbecued Chicken and Other Meats by R.C. Baker, is no longer available from Cornell’s Resource Center.
Fact Sheets are often shared between counties. Please contact your local Cooperative Extension for more information on this topic.
You May Like: Honey Roasted Bbq Chick Fil A Recipe