Essential Tools And Ingredients:
- Large Eversharp Kitchen Knife this is my favorite knife ever! It feels like an expensive knife in your hands. I have used mine everyday for years and it is still as sharp as brand new.
- Large Pot You can use any thick-bottom large pot for boiling, but I prefer stainless steel and this brand for exceptional quality.
- All-Natural Ketchup this is my favorite brand. Some grocery stores carry it, but this is the best price I have found.
Tips For Making The Best Family Recipe Classic Barbecue Sauce:
- When it comes to using spices, keep the shelf fresh by storing spices in a cool, dark place, away from direct heat or sunlight. In tightly closed containers whole spices will stay fresh for about 4 years, ground spices for about 2 to 3 years and dried herbs for 1 to 3 years.
- For extra heat, increase the Hot Sauce from 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoons or to your taste.
- If you like, also taste and adjust the brown sugar or honey in this recipe. I like my barbecue sauce on the sweeter side, but you can use less.
- For extra flavor add 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger!
- When a recipe calls for butter, make it the unsalted variety. Unsalted butter gives you, the cook, complete control of the overall flavor of your recipe.
How To Make Kansas City Style Ribs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Kansas City Style Ribs are typically characterized by the thick, sticky sauce brushed on in the last 30 minutes of cooking. The dry rub and sauce are on the sweet side using a brown sugar base, but are balanced with chili powder and pepper, producing some truly finger licking good ribs.
I give you step by step directions to make the Kansas City Style Ribs dry rub that can be used on either baby back or spare ribs, a delicious Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce and how to grill, smoke or bake these killer ribs.
Be sure to ask your butcher to remove the membrane from the back of the rack, and trim the pork ribs of any excess fat.
If you pick them up already packaged simply make a slit on the back side and pull the thin, shiny membrane off the ribs. Below you can see these are cleaned and ready for the dry rub.
I believe this is the fourth in my Ribs Series this year and its a classic style of rib namely due to the dry rub and sauce.
With a 2/1 ratio of brown sugar to paprika and the usual dry rub spices like garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper, chili and cayenne pepper, this is a great balance of sweet and savory with a slight kick. Use less cayenne if heat is not your thing. Bump up the heat if you like, too.
After the dry rub the baby backs are wrapped in aluminum foil and refrigerated to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, but feel free to do it overnight.
What to do with any leftovers?
Don’t Miss: World’s Strongest Hot Sauce
Reasons To Love This Family Recipe Classic Barbecue Sauce:
- Economical makes a large batch with easy pantry ingredients
- Family-friendly flavor kid tested!
- Versatile the tasty Barbecue Sauce recipe is great on pork, beef and seafood too!
- Customizable increase heat or sweetness to all or part of the batch for different tastes
Making up a batch of this sauce could not be easier. Just throw everything into a large saucepan, bring to a boil to thicken and let cool a little before using. This recipe makes about 3 cups of sauce, but is easily doubled if you need more.
Where Did Barbecue Come From
True barbecue is distinctly American. No one knows for sure where the word barbecue originated, but most think it came from the Spanish. When landing in the Caribbean, they used the word barbacoa to refer to the natives method of slow-cooking meat over a wooden platform. Now, even though we call most meat that we grill at home and slather with barbecue sauce barbecue its really not. Real barbecue is cooked over indirect heat usually a wood fire for a very long time . The resulting flavor is a combination of smoke, meat juices, fat and whatever spices or rub have been added.
What is considered barbecue in America varies by region. There are four main styles named after their place of origin: Memphis, Tenn. North Carolina Kansas City and Texas. Memphis is known for pulled pork-shoulder slathered in sweet tomato-based sauce . In North Carolina, whole hogs are smoked in a vinegar-based sauce. Kansas City natives prefers ribs cooked in a dry rub, and Texans love beef.
In other countries barbecue has its own style. Korean barbecue is thin slices of beef or pork cooked and served with rice. Argentina has marinade-free meat cooked in a smokeless pit. And then there is Mongolian barbecue, which is neither barbecue nor of Mongolian origin but rather a type of stir-fry recently invented in Taiwan.
There you have itso whio up a batch of homemade sauce, throw some meat on the grill and cook yourself a true American classic.
Recommended Reading: Raos Sauce
Copacking & Private Label Info
Jams, jellies, preserves, pancake syrups, fruit syrups, toppings, barbeque sauces, salsa, salad dressings, honey, thermoforming portion cups, blister packs
All products are prasturized , also cold fill if needed. Also fill institutional size and bag in box food service.
We can do small batches
Net Wt 14 Oz Our Shop Is Dog Friendly
House of webster salsa. 1) preheat oven to 425 degrees. Tucked away in eastern rogers near downtown, the house of webster has quietly provided gourmet specialty food items since 1934. Today, house of webster continues to produce the highest quality jams, jellies, preserves, fruit spreads, fruit butters, relishes, salsas, mustards, syrups, bbq sauces and pickled products.
Food and drug administration was concerned. House of webster bbq sauce. We continue to feature our delicious products in many unique gou
We love to hear how much our customers have enjoyed our products. We also have gifts that include our delicious bacon, sausage, cheese, and more. Come by our gift shop for over 100 different flavors.
House of webster is a specialty food manufacturer that has been producing high quality food items since 1934. Please come stop in and say hi and/or buy stuff. Nowadays, ivans has moved down the road from its old location, poor richards is an art gallery, the crumpet is on the west side of town and in bentonville, and the house of webster is.
We have proudly served families with wholesome products since 1934. Order your breakfast set, like this one, on our website or swing by our northwest arkansas gift shop. Swing by our gift shop in rogers to grab some of summers must haves like great salsa!
Strona gówna / uncategorized / house of webster bbq sauce. 1013 n 2nd st, rogers, ar 72756. 4.0 out of 5 stars 1.
If you are looking for a delicious gift to leave a lasting impression.
Recommended Reading: Plutonium Hot Sauce Ingredients