Whether You Are Making Homemade Bbq Sauce For Pulled Pork Or Homemade Bbq Sauce For Ribs People Will Come Back For More And More
I make this amazing Tender Baked Pork Tenderloin and this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe takes it to a new level! It is so good served as a dipping sauce for this pork tenderloin.
The options are endless and we just all love this sauce. My kids literally go crazy over this Homemade BBQ Sauce recipe.
Since it is so easy, I dont mind making it and its very frugal as well. It is a winner all around.
Tastes great and saves us money! I am all about that!
How To Make Homemade Bbq Sauce:
1. Combine ingredients. Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and mix together until smooth.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or up to one hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
3. Serve. Slather this stuff on just about anything or store in an air tight container or jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Double it? I love to make this sauce and keep it in the fridge for several weeks. Depending on your family size you could double the recipe to make a bigger batch. Its delicious for dipping/marinating grilled chicken, spooning on hamburgers or ribs, or dipping as a sauce. Its my go-to when I dont have a dinner plan.
Bbq Sauce Flavor Profiles
Four basic barbecue sauce flavor profiles combine in varying degrees, balancing one another so the sauce is not too sweet or too spicy.
Sweet: Typically, sweetness comes from brown sugar, but you can substitute or supplement with molasses, white sugar, maple syrup, honey, soft drinks or corn syrup.
Tangy: Tang is the acid component that starts with tomato but is usually boosted with white, apple cider or other flavored vinegars and acidic fruit juices.
Salty: Salt brings it all togetherthe sweet, the tang and the heat. We recommend kosher salt because its less salty than iodized salt, but you can also use smoked salt, celery salt, onion salt or other seasoned salt.
Spicy: Your sauce needs a little kick to balance out the sweetness. Black pepper brings basic heat, but you can turn it up with peppers, hot sauces and chili powders like ancho, cayenne and chipotle.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Pasta Sauce Stains Out
Ways To Use Bbq Sauce:
There are so many great ways to put a batch of homemade BBQ sauce to delicious use! Some of our faves include:
- Traditional bbq meat: Grilled or pulled chicken, pulled pork, ribs, burnt ends, etc.
- Baked beans: BBQ sauce is a simple and delicious way to flavor a batch of baked beans.
- Burgers: Use it as a spread on your favorite burgers.
- Pizzas: Use it in place of pizza sauce.
- Soups/salads: Mix it into broths to flavor soups, or use the sauce as a dressing for your salad.
- Tacos/quesadillas/burritos: BBQ sauce is a great way to give your favorite Mexican dishes a different twist.
- Dipping sauce: And of course, its always a great dipping sauce for everything from chicken nuggets to veggie sticks to cocktail meatballs and more!
Pro Tips For Your Success
- If using fresh fruit, add a few tablespoons of water to a small saucepan. Halve and pit apricots. Place in pan and simmer until soft. About 15 minutes. Once soft, mash with a potato masher. Use an immersion blender to make the fruit a smooth consistency. .
- You can also make apricot purée with fresh fruit. Just halve and pit the apricots. Place them in a food processor container and process until you have a uniform consistency.
- This recipe can be scaled up or down if you would like. If you scale up, it will take longer to thicken.
Don’t Miss: Can You Eat Tomatoes If You Have Gout
How To Preserve It
Store in an airtight container for about a month.
Canning jars work great for this. This apricot sauce can also be frozen in airtight containers or water bath canned. To can the sauce
Wash jars and lids. Warm jars. I use the water bath canning pot, since that is on anyway. Let them sit in hot water until ready to use.
Heat bands and lids in simmering water. Do not boil. Let them sit in hot water until ready to use.
After 12-24 hours, check lids to make sure they have sealed. . Any that dont seal should be refrigerated and used first.
Video Result For Things To Make With Bbq Sauce
How to Make Barbecue Sauce | Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce…
How to Make a Basic BBQ Sauce
How to Make Honey BBQ Sauce
CRANBERRY BBQ SAUCE – 2 Minute Sauces You Can Make at…
How to Make Chicken Stock | Tips & Techniques by All…
Making Homemade BBQ Sauce 4 Ways » Sweet | Vinegar |…
How To Make BBQ Sauce – An Easy Basic Recipe That Can…
Make your own Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
How To Make Kansas City BBQ Sauce
How to Make BBQ Sauce – Honey Bourbon Barbecue Sauce…
Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe: How to make BBQ Sauce: JB’s…
How To Make Alabama White BBQ Sauce – RIPPOFF RECIPE
Grilled Chicken Made With Homemade BBQ Sauce
Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe ~ How to Make BBQ Sauce ~ Amy…
How to Make Sweet Molasses Barbecue Sauce
Make Your Own BBQ Sauce
Alabama-Style White Barbecue Sauce – How to Make White…
How To Make Carolina Reaper BBQ Sauce | Recipe | DIY
How to Make Barbeque Sauce | Grilling Recipe |…
Easy Sauces | How to Make Cocktail & BBQ Sauce in 5…
How to Make Easy BBQ Chicken in the Oven ~ Basic…
How to Make Aioli from Scratch | Tips & Techniques by…
How To Make BBQ Sauce | Wills Grill Shack
How To Make Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce – Sugar Free & …
How to Make the Best BBQ Sauce at Home | You Can Cook…
How to Make Barbecue Sauce — The Frugal Chef
Big Red BBQ Sauce Recipe + HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT
How to make Kansas City BBQ Sauce | Recipe Sauce
How to make Jerk BBQ Sauce
BBQ Pulled Pork Shoulder | How to Make Perfectly Juicy…
How to make HOMEMADE Sweet BBQ Sauce
You May Like: Raos Marinara Costco
Homemade Bbq Sauce Recipe
This Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Use this barbecue sauce in all of your favorite BBQ recipes. Its the best combination of sweet and tangy!
If youve ever wanted to make your own BBQ sauce from scratch, then this recipe is for you! It is so easy, simple and fast 15 minutes is all it takes!
I love making sauces and seasonings from scratch because when you make them yourself you can control the ingredients and flavors. You can make this BBQ sauce more or less sweet, spicy, tangy or smoky, depending on how you like it. Other homemade sauces that you might enjoy include my Honey Mustard Recipe, Stir Fry Sauce and Enchilada Sauce.
The key to the best BBQ sauce is the flavor! I tested this recipe many, many times until I found the perfect combination of spices and seasonings to make homemade BBQ sauce that is flavorful and tangy. It has just the right balance of sweet and spicy.
This homemade BBQ sauce is the best slathered on Grilled Chicken. Its also perfect to serve with Slow Cooker Pork Ribs, as a spread for my best Turkey Burger Recipe, or as a dipping sauce for Chicken Tenders. Use it to bring the best flavor to Crockpot BBQ Chicken and Instant Pot Pulled Pork. The possibilities really are limitless for what you can serve with this delicious homemade barbecue sauce!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Homemade Bbq Sauce
For this sauce recipe, you will need ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, thyme, chili power, onion and garlic powder.
As I mentioned, you can play around with the ingredients adjusting the qty and eliminating ketchup or mustard, trying different types of vinegar or adding herbs to really create your own personal favorite style of barbecue sauce. Have fun with it! This recipe is meant to give you a solid starting point.
You May Like: Sweet Umami Teriyaki Sauce Kikkoman
Easy Homemade Bbq Sauce Recipe Makes A Fabulous Gift
I think this would be perfect for a handmade Fathers Day gift, one that even the kids can help with. Most kids love mixing up recipes in the kitchen so it should be a lot of fun to put together.
You might also take a jar of this delicious sauce as a hostess gift. I always like to take something small but thoughtful and this would be perfect!
How To Make Barbecue Sauce From Scratch
garlic salt. black pepper. Mince the onion and sauté it in butter for a few minutes until translucent. Add a chopped and seeded chili pepper and stir for another minute. Add the remaining ingredients. Season the sauce with garlic salt and fresh black pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes to blend the flavors.
Recommended Reading: What Is Mcdonalds Secret Sauce
Why Make Homemade Bbq Sauce:
- Have BBQ minus the sugar: Most barbecue sauce that you will find in a store or out to eat is loaded with sugary ingredients. By making your own sauce, you can have the flavor minus the sugar.
- Easy: though it might seem that making keto bbq sauce is difficult, its actually pretty simple. You just need a whisk and a sauce pan.
- Control ingredients in your BBQ: BBQ foods taste great because the sauce and even the dry rubs are mostly brown sugar. By making sauce and learning the quick & easy swaps , you can control what you eat
What I Love About This Bbq Sauce Recipe:
- The perfect flavor combo. It has a little tang and sweetness, and a little smokey flavor that I cant get enough of. Liquid smoke helps to add that amazing smokey flavor.
- Made with pantry staples. Basic ingredients including tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, molasses, red wine vinegar, and spices. The only thing you may not have on hand is liquid smoke, which is inexpensive and easy to find. Use liquid smoke in fajitas, baked beans, and Instant Pot Ribs.
Also Check: Rao Sauce Where To Buy
Can You Use This Bbq Sauce As A Marinade
You guys, Im all about breaking rules. Especially when it comes to cooking. It should be a fun creative process that makes you really happy.
Generally speaking, no. You dont use BBQ Sauce as a marinade. It goes on after the cooking has happened.
If you do want to use this bbq sauce recipe as a marinade, dont allow the meat to sit for more than a half hour. There is quite a bit of vinegar in this recipe, which acts as an acid and will break down the meat. If you let it sit too long it will break down the meat too much.
Favorite Ways To Use Bbq Sauce
- Chicken Use on baked chicken for a flavorful meal or drizzled over shredded chicken for a BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
- Pork Delicious with ribs, brisket and definitely with pulled pork. Hello, best pulled pork sandwich ever!
- Burgers Delicious on hamburgers in place of ketchup for a tasty BBQ Burger.
- Pizza Use in place of pizza sauce for a BBQ Chicken Pizza or a Pulled Pork Pizza. Yum!
You May Like: Chick Fil A Honey Barbecue Sauce
Homemade Bbq Sauce Ingredients:
To make this homemade bbq sauce recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Tomato sauce: One can of plain tomato sauce .
- Apple cider vinegar: To add some tang to the sauce.
- Honey: I really prefer the taste of honey as the natural sweetener in this bbq sauce. But you could also sub in brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Tomato paste: To intensify the rich tomato flavor in this sauce.
- Molasses: A must in Kansas City bbq sauce!
- Worcestershire: If making this sauce vegan, be sure to use a vegan brand of Worcestershire.
- Liquid smoke: To give the sauce those important smoky notes.
- Spices: A combo of smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder and salt. Plus a few optional pinches of cayenne, if you would like to give the sauce some heat.
How To Make Barbeque Sauce Best Easy Bbq Sauce
Even though you can find ready made barbeque sauce it never is quite as good as making it from scratch. You can also make this sauce beforehand and refrigerate it until the actual day of the barbeque. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cook Time: 25 minutes. Total Time: 30 minutes. Yield: 12 servings. Ingredients: 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Also Check: Rao’s Tomato Sauce
How Can I Add Smoky Flavor
If you like smoky BBQ sauce, you can double the amount of smoked paprika and/or add 1 or 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke along with the other ingredients. I left the liquid smoke out of the main recipe because I wanted to keep it simple, since liquid smoke is an ingredient that you may not have on hand.
Best Way To Store Homemade Sauces
I prefer old fashioned Mason jars for storing sauces. However, I dont like the metal lids since they rust and therefore arent super reusable so I buy special lids that are dishwasher friendly and are easy to put on and take off.
You can buy reusable lids in plastic or glass. The plastic lids arent always 100% leak proof but work great if youre storing things upright. Wek brand jars use a glass lid that seals well. So depending on your use, you may want to check into that brand. You can shop everything on Amazon of course. Here are some links to get you started:
Also Check: Shrimp Alfredo Recipe Ragu
Does Jack Daniels Bbq Have Alcohol In It
Whiskey-based barbecue sauces have gone from being a niche product found in distillery gift shops to a supermarket fixture, Jack Daniel’s line of barbecue sauces are a big part of why. … Underneath that list is a clear statement that the sauce contains no alcohol. For all intents and purposes, Original No.
How To Use Homemade Barbecue Sauce
The beauty of this easy sauce is that it can be used in any recipe that calls for premade barbecue sauce, or you can use it to spice up your favorite protein or even salad.
- Ribs. You can use this homemade BBQ sauce for pulled pork and for ribs .
- Salad. I love using this sauce to make my favorite BBQ Chicken Salad.
- Chicken. This is a delicious BBQ sauce recipe for chicken recipes like these Maple Bourbon Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Or this Crock Pot BBQ Chicken. It would also be yummy brushed over grilled chicken breasts.
- Meatballs. Brush it over these Baked Turkey Meatballs for a different flavor spin.
Recommended Reading: Petes Hot Sauce
Whatever You Use This Easy Barbecue Sauce Recipe With Ketchup On It Will Be So Tasty
This sauce is inexpensive to make and so much better than anything you can buy at the store.
We try to save as much as much as we can and making our own Homemade BBQ sauce is one way we are able to reduce our grocery bill. You can make this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe for a fraction of the cost of store bought.
Now only does it stretch our grocery budget but it tastes amazing and we love it better than anything you can buy. Once you give this a try, you see just how easy it is and delicious too!
How To Make Bbq Sauce:
This bbq sauce recipe couldnt be easier to make! Simply
Read Also: Freddy’s Spicy Fry Sauce Recipe
How To Store And Freeze Barbecue Sauce
- To Store. Store leftovers in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for about 7 days. Since it is not loaded with preservatives, homemade barbecue sauce will go bad faster than store bought barbecue sauce.
- To Freeze. Yes, you can freeze barbecue sauce! Place the sauce in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using.
Tips For Making Homemade Barbecue Sauce:
The recipe calls for chopped onions and I prefer them chopped fine. You can certainly chop these by hand but I prefer to use my mini food processor so the onion is very tiny.
The kids like it better that way when the onions are practically invisible.
If you need to hide veggies like I do, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mini food processor here for chopping and hiding veggies.
Read Also: Honey Roasted Bbq Chick Fil A Recipe