Tips For Making The Best Alfredo Sauce
- Use the best quality Parmesan cheese you can find and grate it yourself. It will melt better and you will be much happier with the results
- Use heavy cream. It will result in a much creamier and thicker sauce than a lower fat alternative
- Slowly add the cream and be sure it is hot before stirring in the Parmesan cheese
- Add your other ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, and proteins at the very end
- Cajun seasoning can vary a lot between brands, so add a little at a time
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
This creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe makes for the BEST pasta dinner ready in under 30 minutes! Buttery cajun shrimp in a creamy cajun sauce mixed with pasta.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
How Do You Make Cajun Sauce From Scratch
In a bowl, combine vegan mayo, the Cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and tomato paste.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then combine everything with a wire whisk or spatula.
Enjoy immediately or transfer to a jar and put a lid on top. Leftovers will last for 1 week in the fridge.
It is just an amazing sauce that is always right for dinner, lunch and so much more. As you can see on the pictures I used this Cajun Sauce with pasta and over fries. Both were absolutely delicious!
As variation, try adding dried or fresh herbs.
You May Like: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
How To Make Cajun Chicken Sauce
This Creamy Cajun Chicken recipe is easy to make with a juicy, golden, pan-fried chicken in a Cajun spiced cream sauce. Creamy, delicious, and ready in less than 20 minutes! Makes for a perfect weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
This Creamy Cajun Chicken is a super quick recipe thats loaded with flavor! A zingy, velvety cream sauce covers crispy tinged chicken, all topped with tangy Parmesan. Theres something about creamy chicken thats just so satisfying, perfect for a delicious and filling weeknight meal! Tender and juicy seared chicken breasts that can be served with rice, pasta, or zoodles for a low carb option.
If youre looking for other easy chicken recipes, why not also try my Broccoli Chicken Pasta Casserole and my Thai Basil Chicken Recipe!
More Seafood Sauce Recipes
Cook Time: Total Time:
Learn how to make this easy cajun butter sauce in under 10 minutes. This flavorful sauce is literally one of the best butter sauces for dipping your seafood into! When you try this homemade cajun butter recipe, youll never miss restaurant cajun dipping sauce again!
- 16 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning mix
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish
Read Also: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
Ingredients Used In This Garlic Cajun Boiling Seafood Recipe
- Old Bay seasoning. Your Cajun boiling seafood won’t complete without this. In fact, any Cajun style recipe that omits this particular ingredient is not really qualified for the amazing taste, in my opinion.
- Lemon Pepper seasoning. I use the one from McCormick.
- Paprika or smoked paprika helps to enhance the unique color that always found in any Cajun recipe.
- Cajun seasoning. The name says it all, you need Cajun spice mix to make this recipe possible. It saves a lot of time if you just bought this ready-to-use Cajun seasoning.
- Or if you prefer making it yourself, it is a mixture of a lot of spices included: salt, garlic powder, white pepper, dried oregano powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dried thyme powder, and paprika.
How To Store And Reheat Cajun Chicken
- Storage: Cajun chicken should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for three to five days.
- Microwave: Thinly slice or chop up chicken so it reheats more evenly, then transfer a small portion to a microwave-safe dish. Heat for 1 minute, stir, then continue to heat at 30-second intervals.
- Stove: Thinly slice or chop up chicken, then transfer to a skillet. Heat over medium heat, stirring often.
Recommended Reading: Rao’s Marinara Sauce Keto
The Most Delicious Classic Creole Sauce For Creole And Cajun Recipes
May 10, 2021
Last Updated on May 25, 2021 by Chef Mireille
This classic New Orleans Creole Sauce is a great staple recipe to have. So easy in just 3 simple steps, using basic ingredients you most likely already have in stock. Use it to make classic recipes like Shrimp and Grits, Creole Pasta or as a dipping sauce for appetizers!
Once you have the sauce made, you can cook just about anything in it from chicken and shrimp to alligator and crawfish. Even delicious Vegetarian meals can be made with tofu or mushrooms with this delicious Creole Sauce as the base.
New Orleans is the original fusion cuisine with influences from Native American, Caribbean, French and Spanish culinary traditions.
This is why you will see versions of this Creole Sauce in many cultures from South American to Caribbean cuisines.
This post may include affiliate links.
If youve ever been to New Orleans, you would have heard the terms Cajun and Creole used a lot in relation to many things like music, food and culture. Its often also called NOLA cuisine, which is an acronym for New Orleans, Louisiana the most populated city in the state.
One Of The Biggest Questions I Get About Chicken Wings Is Do I Break Them Down Myself Or Do I Buy Them Already Broken Down
I have done it both ways, but lately, Ive been turning to The Butcher Shop at Sprouts so I can get them already broken down into wings and drummettes. Honestly, the time is takes to break down the wings isnt really worth it, and it doesnt make a difference to buy them prepped already.
The best part is, when you buy chicken wings from Sprouts, you know you are getting the highest quality product. Their chicken wings are always fresh, never frozen, all natural, and cage-free. The chickens are actually hatched, raised, and harvested in the U.S. with no added hormones, steroids, or artificial ingredients. That way you can be sure you are getting a product that you can have confidence in when you devour it, and especially when you serve it to your friends and family.
Don’t Miss: Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
To Make Diy Cajun Seasonings Whisk Together:
- smoked paprika
- dried thyme
The red appearance on Cajun chicken is from the smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Please do NOT substitute smoked paprika with regular paprika the smokiness is everything.
You can find smoked paprika with the rest of the spices at your grocery store. I use it in ALL my Mexican recipes, so I promise your purchase will not go to waste. The rest of the Cajun seasoning is a mix of common pantry seasonings you probably have on hand already. You can also customize the heat by using more or less cayenne pepper.
Why Youll Love This Creamy Cajun Chicken Recipe
- A delicious Cajun cream sauce. Made with cream cheese, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, and a host of other goodies welcome to flavor town!
- Pan-seared chicken. Pam searing chicken locks in all the juices, making each bite melt in the mouth. Plus the chicken comes out golden with lovely crisp edges.
- An easy chicken recipe. Only a few ingredients needed, this goes from pantry to table in around 20 mins!
Also Check: Is Raos Keto
Can I Freeze This Cajun Sauce Made With Mayo
While it is uncommon, you can also freeze this mayo based sauce for up to 2 months. Because mayo is an emulsion, it is likely that freezing the sauce will cause the ingredients to break down, separate and look unappetizing.
When it comes to creamy sauce made from scratch, this sauce is a great one to try. Its often quite difficult to find store bought cajun sauce where I live so this homemade version often saves the day! Try it out an d let me know how you like it!
How To Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Prepare the chicken: Place the chicken on a cutting board in front of you and carefully slice each in half, horizontally, resulting in two thin fillets. Season generously on both sides with Cajun seasoning. Heat a large frying pan and add a splash of oil. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside. If the spices have browned too much, wipe the pan out with a piece of paper towel.
- How to make creamy Cajun chicken pasta sauce: Place the pan back over mediumheat and add a tablespoon of butter . Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent. Add 1-2 tsp of Cajun seasoning and pour in the cream and lemon juice. Allow to simmer gently for a few minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Turn down the heat then add the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until smooth. Add the cooked pasta and a splash of the reserved cooking water to thin down the sauce if necessary.
- Combine and serve: Slice the chicken breasts and add to the pasta. Serve sprinkled with parsley and extra Parmesan.
Recommended Reading: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
How To Make Cajun Butter Sauce For Seafood
Start by measuring out and gathering all the ingredients in one place.
Next, prepare the ingredients by grating the garlic, grating the onion and chopping up the fresh cilantro leaves.
Add the butter to a small pan, then place on a stove on medium heat and melt. About 1 2 minutes.
Then add the garlic and onion to the melted butter and cook for 3 minutes. Stir frequently.
Next, add the cajun seasoning mix and the extra cayenne pepper, if using.
Mix well and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat.
Pour the cajun dipping sauce into a bowl, sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy with your favorite seafood.
How To Make Cajun Sauce
The new BTS meal comes with two sauces that are super popular in South Korean McDonalds Cajun Sauce and Sweet Chili Sauce! Today well be making the Cajun Sauce to serve with the McNuggets. Its basically a sweet and spicy dijon mustard-based creamy sauce that everyone is loving. So to make it heres what you will need:
- Dijon Mustard: This can also be swapped for regular yellow mustard. Dijon just has a more pungent spicy profile
- Cajun Seasoning: To put the Cajun in Cajun sauce
- Honey: For some sweetness
- Dash of cayenne: If you want more of a spicy kick but its optional
- White vinegar: For more acidity!
- Mayo: To make it creamy and thick.
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Chili Powder: To add some flavor!
Some other dishes you may like to serve this with:
You May Like: Texas Pete Hot Wing Recipes
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe
This simple pasta dish is such a great recipe to make, not only for busy weeknights but even a fancy dinner. Cajun Shrimp Pasta is a flavor-packed spin on our Creamy Shrimp Pasta. Youll love the buttery and tender shrimp tossed in a spicy cajun seasoning and coated in creamy tomato alfredo pasta sauce with penne noodles.
Cajun Cream Sauce Recipe
Cajun Cream Sauce is full of flavor and easy to make. Its the perfect topping for fish that has been pan fried, blackened, baked or broiled. Starting with the pan drippings left behind gives it a zesty, seafood foundation.
Cajun Cream Sauce adds a little decadence and a lot of flavor to any fish. Put it over blackened or Cajun seasoned and pan fried fish and you double the punch of flavor. Add it to a more subtly seasoned fish and it soars to new heights of excellence.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
How To Make Cajun Seasoning
This is one cajun seasoning recipe that most cooks need in their repertoire, absolutely, and very seldom do I say that. But at 4-5 bucks a bottle for the pre-mixed in the store, this is a quick and cheap, better tasting version. The base of a good Cajun seasoning is equal amounts of cumin, coriander and paprika. However, I like oregano, salt and cracked pepper in mine. Always me with the tweaking.
Ingredients For Seafood Boil
My recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Homemade DIY seasonings with Old Bay seasoning, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, Louisiana hot sauce and sugar.
- Unsalted butter.
- Seafood such as shrimp, crawfish and clams.
- Corn on the cob.
I skipped crab, potatoes, and smoked sausage but you should add them to the dish if you have the ingredients.
Also Check: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
What Is Cajun Chicken
Cajun seasoning is one of my go-to favorite spices for jazzing up everything from chicken to seafood, steak, pork, veggies, deviled eggs, soups and dips. Its one of those spices that adds a blast of zesty, spicy, savory flavors and that instant YUM factor.
So, what is this magical Cajun seasoning? Cajun seasoning is a robust blend of herbs and spices that originated from Louisiana, the home of delicious Cajun cuisine. There are many variations of Cajun seasoning but in general, its a smoky, spicy, earthy, spicy blend comprised of smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and oregano. Ive also included salt and thyme in my blend, so it seasons the chicken independently and perfectly.
Cajun chicken is chicken coated in Cajun seasoning then seared on the stove or grill. The seasonings char, deepening in flavor and mingling with the butter to create an irresistible dark crust that is smoky, spicy and irresistible giving way to juicy, tender chicken.
How Do You Make Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimp
- To start, whisk together your sauce. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, mustard and garlic.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium high heat add the butter. Add the sauce and whisk and let reduce until the butter is melted about 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the shrimp and add to the sauce. Toss and cook in the sauce until the shrimp is opaque.
You May Like: Texas Pete Wings Recipe
Can I Prep Cajun Chicken Recipe In Advance
Yes! You can prep portions of this Cajun chicken recipe in advance so the final dish comes together quickly:
- Prep chicken: Create chicken cutlets by slicing chicken breasts in half and pounding to an even thickness. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Dredge chicken: Go one step further and dredge the chicken in flour and Cajun seasoning. Transfer the chicken to a parchment lined plate in a single layer and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator.
- Chop aromatics: Chop the red onions and mince the garlic and store in separate plastic bags in the refrigerator.
- Chop veggies: Chop the tomatoes and bell peppers and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Grate Parmesan: Grate and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How To Use Creole Sauce
All you do is bring the Creole Sauce to a boil. Add your protein like chicken, sausage, or shrimp and simmer until cooked through. This is an easy way to make classic Shrimp and Grits!
You can even include it as part of a Vegetarian meal just over some rice and beans. Alternately, instead of sausage or shrimp referenced above, use mushrooms, tofu or even paneer!
So what is creole sauce made of? Basic vegetables you probably purchase on a weekly basis and basic spices you already have in your pantry. The only ingredient not everyone keeps in house is Worcestershire sauce. However, if you want to explore more into the bold flavors of Cajun & Creole Cuisine, this ingredient is going to be one you use over and over. So dont think its something you are going to use once and then it will collect dust!
Recommended Reading: Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipes
How To Make Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Pro Tip: Add more or less cajun seasoning to adjust the level of heat in this dish.
What Is Cajun Butter Sauce
This is a spicy butter sauce made with a base of butter, of course, but also often with the addition of onion and garlic. This sauce is flavored with cajun seasonings or a cajun seasoning mix for spiciness and a rich flavor.
A cajun sauce is usually made to be used as a buttery dipping sauce for seafood and seafood boils.
Read Also: Texas Pete Hot Wings Recipe