Italian White Sauce Pasta Recipe With Vegetables
Now that you know how to prepare a delicious creamy white pasta sauce, let us get started on how to make white sauce pasta at home.
This simple Italian white sauce pasta recipe with vegetables provides you the perfect start on your culinary journey.
White pasta sauce prepared as per the recipe above 1 Cup of mixed vegetables like carrots, bell pepper and corn 3/4th Cup Pasta 1/2 tsp crushed chilli flakes 1/4th tsp oregano 4 to 5 cups of water for the pasta Salt to taste 1/2 tbsp of butter to saute vegetables
Method of preparation
1. Take the water in a large bowl and bring it to a rolling boil. Add in the salt.2. Add the pasta and cook it as per instructions on the pasta box. It is important that the pasta is cooked al dente . 3. Drain out all the water using a strainer and set it aside to cool.4. In a pan, heat the butter and saute the vegetables until they are crunchy, but not overcooked. Add in salt as needed. Switch off the flame. 5. Now mix in the cooked pasta along with the vegetables in the same pan. Mix in the creamy white sauce and let it coat the contents of the pan completely. 6. Add in the crushed chilli flakes and oregano. Mix well.
Delicious Italian white sauce pasta recipe is ready to serve! So, now that you know how to make white sauce pasta at home, would you want to try a chicken recipe?
Let’s look at a white sauce chicken pasta recipe.
How To Make White Wine Pasta Sauce:
This white wine sauce recipe couldnt be more simple! Its ready in three easy steps! Heres a quick rundown of the process, but for full instructions, reference the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
White Wine Pasta Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The best White Wine Pasta Sauce recipe is so easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients. Light, full of flavor and absolutely irresistible this white wine sauce is ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes!
If you need a quick and easy dinner idea that your whole family will enjoy, this white wine sauce served over pasta is the recipe for you! Its easy enough for a weeknight meal, yet elegant and flavorful enough for entertaining. Its one of those recipes you totally need in your back pocket! Trust me, it will come in handy when you cant think of what to make for dinner and want something tasty and on the table in a flash.
The best thing about this recipe is that it takes about 15 minutes to make! Top it with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and youll have a restaurant-quality dish that everyone will be begging for. Lets get to the details!
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
Make White Sauce Pasta
7. Use a steel pan for making the sauce. Add 2 tablespoons butter.
8. As soon as the butter melts, add 1 teaspoon grated garlic and fry for 30 to 40 seconds. Then immediately add 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour.
9. Turn down the heat to low to medium. Saute well until the flour loses the raw smell, for about a minute. Make sure the color of the flour does not change. This step is very important. Since this is a small quantity, the roux can become dry and clumpy. Its just fine.
10. Lower the flame completely and slowly pour ¼ cup milk .
11. Begin to incorporate the roux into the milk using a whisk or a spatula.
12. Dissolve the flour completely to a creamy sauce. Ensure the flame is low at this stage.
13. Once you see a smooth sauce, free of lumps, pour the rest of the milk in 2 batches and stir. Simmer until the white sauce thickens. Keep stirring & scrape the sides for a uniform sauce.
14. To check if the white sauce is done perfectly, dip a spoon or a spatula into the sauce. It must coat the back of the spoon well as seen in the picture below. Alternately You can draw a line with your finger on the back of the spoon, you should see it clean with a space. This means it is thick enough.
15. Add 2 to 3 tbsps cheese , pepper and oregano. You can also add a pinch of ground nutmeg if you want. I used cream cheese here. You can use parmesan or cheddar.
17. Add vegetables and cooked pasta to the white sauce. Mix everything together.
More Pasta recipesRed sauce pasta
A Simple Recipe For Creamy White Pasta Sauce
Now, let us start with one of the easiest recipes to prepare creamy white pasta sauce.
Ingredients 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour 1 cup of full-fat chilled milk 2 tbsp of parmesan or cheddar cheese 2 tbsp of butter 1/4th tsp of black pepper powder Grated nutmeg Salt to taste
Method of preparation
1. On a low flame, add butter and flour. Stir the mixture gently until the raw smell of the flour disappears. Don’t worry about any lumps, just break them as you go on stirring. 2. Pour in a quarter of the milk and continue stirring, while getting rid of any remaining flour lumps. 3. When you see that it is well blended, add in the remaining milk and mix well until the mixture starts to thicken. An indication that it is done will be when the mixture begins to coat the back of your spoon. 4. Add in the cheese and keep stirring gently until you get a creamy consistency. 5. Switch off the flame and blend in the pepper powder and nutmeg powder now.
Don’t Miss: Texas Pete Chili Sauce Review
Recipe Ingredients And Substitutions
- Olive Oil: Don’t have olive oil? Substitute avocado oil or unsalted butter.
- Cream Cheese: I prefer to use full-fat cream cheese in this sauce because it melts much better than non-fat or low-fat cream cheese.
- Milk: Instead of whole milk, you can use cream, half and half, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Broth: The chicken broth can be replaced with vegetable broth or some of the pasta water.
- Crushed Red Pepper: If you prefer a milder sauce, you can leave out the crushed red pepper.
- Goat Cheese: Not everyone likes goat cheese, luckily, it can easily be left out of the recipe.
- Chives: Instead of chives, you can use minced scallions or diced herbs like Italian parsley, basil, or thyme.
What Is White Sauce
White sauce is just the colloquial name for béchamel, a flour-and-milk-based sauce thats an essential part of traditional French cuisine. If you want to get technical, its one of the five mother sauces, and has been a culinary staple in France since the 17th century but actually dates back to 16th-century Italy.
White sauce starts with something called a roux, which is a mixture of cooked flour and butter that thickens the sauce. Equal amounts of flour and butter are melted together on the stove top, then cooked until just slightly toasty. Next, milk is whisked into the roux and simmeredoften with aromatics and seasoningsuntil its thick, smooth and velvety.
But dont confuse white sauce with alfredo: Alfredo is traditionally made with just butter and Parmesan cheese, although modern recipes often include heavy cream.
Once you know how to make white sauce, you can make mornay sauce , soubise sauce and even a cheddar cheese sauce for homemade macaroni and cheese. Because the basic sauce is a blank slate, you can add flavorings like onions, garlic, herbs and spices as you please. But before you get to that step, heres exactly how to make a classic white sauce for pasta.
Read Also: Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
How To Serve Pasta In White Wine Sauce
Because the finished dish is, well, cream-colored, you might want to add a splash of color, and this can be achieved in a number of ways.
You could serve some steamed vegetables on the side. Consider broccolini or regular broccoli, some green beans or asparagus. Even think about bruschetta or garlic bread if youre in the mood for a carb-fest! Any of those would be a good contrast with white wine pasta sauce. Another idea is to serve a crisp green salad with the pasta in white wine sauce, or you could just serve it as it is with some sprigs of parsley on there for a splash of green.
Use good quality ingredients when making a white wine pasta sauce recipe, like a good quality olive oil and fresh parsley, and the result will be really nice.
You might want to serve this as a romantic Valentines meal or even as a special treat. It is also simple enough to throw together at any time. You will have plenty of white wine left over so serve a glass with the meal.
White wine sauce is a classic accompaniment to pasta. This recipe also boasts butter, parsley and parmesan, and the finished flavor is exquisite. This is surprisingly simple to throw together too.
- Victoria Haneveer
- 1 lb uncooked white pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white wine
- Small handful chopped flat parsley
- Small handful grated fresh parmesan
Learn How To Make White Sauce Pasta At Home In Matter Of Minutes Read About Delicious Creamy White Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe Get Easy White Sauce Pasta Recipe For That Italian Food Craving Buon Appetito
White sauce or béchamel sauce is a simple sauce created with flour, butter and milk as its primary ingredients. While the sauce originated in France and is the foundation of French cuisine, it has also been extensively used in Italian recipes for generations. Any amateur cook trying to create new flavours would have definitely looked up recipes on how to make white sauce pasta at home.
To make things easier for you, let us take a look at some creamy white pasta sauce recipes that are not only easy to prepare, but also absolutely guarantees to tingle your taste buds.
Also Check: Ragu Alfredo Sauce Recipes Shrimp
White Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe
Did your taste buds perk up at the sound of that? This simple white sauce chicken pasta recipe with mushrooms is sure to become a family favourite.
Ingredients 1 cup of your favourite pasta 1/2 cup chicken broth White sauce as per recipe above 3 tbsp of butter 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped finely Pepper and Salt as required
Method of preparation
1. Cook the pasta as per instructions in the packet. Remember to cook it until it is just firm enough to eat . 2. Cut the chicken into small pieces and cook it in boiling water. Add salt and pepper and keep it aside once it’s cooked. 3. In another pan, on a low flame, add the butter and garlic. Saute them until the raw garlic smell disappears. 4. Now add in the mushrooms. Add salt as desired. Let the mushrooms cook for some time. 5. Now add in the cooked chicken, chicken brother, pasta and the white sauce. Leave it on a simmer for some time as the sauce thickens and the flavours are absorbed. 6. Garnish as desired and serve.
Your white sauce chicken pasta recipe is ready!
So, whether you are making an Italian white sauce pasta recipe with vegetables or chicken, these easily available ingredients and simple techniques will get you the authentic flavours you desire.
mangiare per vivere e non vivere per mangiare
Pasta Shapes That Work Well
You can use any sort of pasta shape for this white sauce pasta! But we have a few recommendations for what we like best. Here are our top choices for pasta:
- Bucatini: Instead of spaghetti or fettucini, our favorite long noodles are bucatini. Theyre like spaghetti noodles that are hollow. They have much more texture than spaghetti and are more fun to eat!
- Rigatoni: For a short noodle, we love the texture and look of rigatoni. Penne is another natural option.
- Cavatappi: Cavatappi is a fun corkscrew shape thats great with white sauce!
Also Check: Freddy’s Spicy Fry Sauce Recipe
How Do You Make White Sauce From Pasta From Scratch
This silky smooth and aromatic sauce is made from garlic , butter, milk and all-purpose flour aka maida. This White sauce is also known as bechamel which originated from the French cuisine. This sauce is used as a base for many other sauces. Bechamel sauce is made using flour, butter, and milk.
White, creamy, and flavorful sauce is a delectable way to delight your taste buds.
The base sauce tastes very much like an Alfredo sauce. It is because both the sauces are luscious, buttery, creamy and cheesy. In other words, creating a perfect creamy sauce is a culinary dream.
Of course, there is a very little difference between the two sauces, such as the choice of cheese and herb, and cooking method.
The sauce should always be well merged with the pasta so it should be smooth, silky and uniform.
This is the basic restaurant style pasta sauce recipe which I learned to make some years ago. For years, Ive used this silky, rich, creamy, and smooth white sauce for pasta to make many dishes. This garlic based white sauce can be used as a base for many dishes including Mac and cheese. The amounts used in the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
You can definitely serve this sauce with any pasta just name it! My other favorite pasta for this particular recipe is tortiglioni pasta, fusilli pasta, and macaroni.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Love this white sauce pasta? Here a few more easy pasta recipes you might enjoy:
- Cheese Tortellini in Creamy Marinara The best quick dinner recipe! Serve it up in a creamy marinara sauce flavored with goat cheese and basil.
- Lemon Pasta The ideal balance of richness and acidity! Its a comforting meal or stellar side dish.
- Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese A quick and easy dinner recipe tastes like it took all day to make! This ones a fan favorite.
- Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta This creamy goat cheese pasta is done in 20 minutes and full of tangy, creamy flavor. Another fave!
- Homemade Pasta Marinara This pasta marinara features a homemade sauce and comes together in minutes! Boost the nutrients with a few handfuls of spinach, and youve got dinner.
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Almost like mac and cheese! Sneak squash into this silky smooth sauce.
- Baked Rigatoni Pasta All about crowd pleasing flavor! Bake this popular pasta with garlicky tomato sauce, fresh basil, and gooey mozzarella.
You May Like: Substitute For Tomato Paste In Spaghetti Sauce
How To Make White Sauce Pasta Ahead Of Time
Whats In This White Wine Pasta Sauce
Nothing too fancy in this delicious white wine pasta sauce recipe. All you need are good-quality, basic ingredients. Heres the lineup:
- Olive oil.Adds great earthy flavor and helps prevent the garlic from burning.
- Garlic.A delicious flavor component in a white wine sauce. I highly recommend using fresh garlic and mincing it yourself it really makes a difference.
- Dry white wine.I used a Sauvignon Blanc, but Pinot Grigio or Sancerre would also work. Just make sure to avoid anything too sweet like a Riesling or Moscato.
- Butter. Adds richness and creaminess to this white wine sauce. Make sure to add it slowly and whisk constantly, so it can fully emulsify, otherwise your sauce may break!
- Parmesan cheese. For delicious nuttiness and saltiness in the dish. Feel free to use a non-dairy parmesan or substitute it for nutritional yeast, if you prefer.
Read Also: Raos Saice
How To Make White Sauce
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 860,643 times.Learn more…
White sauce XResearch source is a simple but versatile sauce that’s often one of the very first recipes taught to aspiring chefs. On its own, it’s a fine addition to a variety of dishes like chicken and vegetables but it’s also the basis for many other more complex recipes like alfredo sauce and soufflés. Get started on your own creamy, delicious white sauce today with Step 1 below!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
For Basic Béchamel White Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup cooking cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup asiago cheese
- Dry white wine