How To Cook Tilapia
- Cook the Fish: Set your skillet over medium heat. Heat up your oil and 1 tablespoon butter.Season the fish with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Cook your fish for 3 minutes on each side. Remove your fish from the skillet and set it aside.
- Make the Sauce: After youve removed the tilapia, to the very same pan, add 1 tablespoon butter. Keep it over medium-high heat and allow the butter to melt. Then, stir in garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Slowly whisk in your chicken broth and cook for another 4 minutes, or until its reduced by .
- Now, reduce the heat to medium-low and add your remaining butter. Next, youll slowly whisk in the heavy cream. Finally, add the lemon juice and continue to whisk until everything is well combined.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Give it one last taste and adjust accordingly.
- Combine and Serve: Remove the sauce from the heat. Pour this creamy lemon goodness over your tilapia. Garnish it with fresh cut parsley and serve.
How To Make Lemon Butter Sauce
- Melt butter. It will bubble a bit.
TIP: Use an enameled saucepan like this, so that you can see color changes.
- Add lemon and garlic. Stir in lemon juice and garlic powder, and continue to heat until the sauce turns darker yellow. Remove from heat right away.
TIP: Watch carefully it will burn easily if heated too long! The time can vary if you use a different type of pan than I did.
What Side Dish Goes With Tilapia
- Tilapia is best served with a light and fresh veggie. I recommend oven roasted asparagus, broccoli, or green beans. If weather permits, you could also pair your skillet tilapia with grilled veggies like zucchini, peppers, and eggplant.
- Additionally, light flavored rice will pair nicely with it. Think cilantro lime rice. Or, consider enhancing the garlic flavor by serving with garlic Parmesan potato wedges.
Recommended Reading: Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipes
Skillet Tilapia With Creamy Lemon Sauce
This Skillet Tilapia with creamy lemon sauce tastes like summertime. The fresh garlic, herbs, and lemon juice will immediately transport you to a balcony Bistro on the Island of Capri without ever leaving your house. The tender flaky fish is the best tilapia recipe Ive ever made!
Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish
There really is no better flavor pairing for fish than lemon and butter. This sauce is fantastic drizzled over both white fish and salmon fillets.
The mini chefs especially love it when served as a dipping sauce for shrimp, because dipping is fun and it somehow makes anything taste better. And since Im always looking to spice up my dishes, I often make lemon chili butter sauce when serving seafood.
Recommended Reading: Texas Pete Hot Wing Sauce Recipe
What Do You Need To Make Pan Fried Fish
- Cod: Cod is usually sold by the loin at the fish counter. I do suggest using fresh cod for this recipe. Ive never had much luck with frozen cod, unfortunately. It always seems to be waterlogged!
- Seasonings: Im using salt for the fish and garlic salt to help flavor the flour.
- Flour: Just a third cup is all you need to dust the fillets with flour.
- Olive oil: is used for frying the fish filets.
Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce For Crab Legs
Elevate your crab leg game by serving a side of this sauce! You will wow your guests and it is an amazingly delicious sauce to dip your crab legs in!
I love serving crab legs with elote as a side dish. It is a match made in heaven and perfect for an elegant party!
Read Also: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
Faqs About Pan Fried Fish:
- What other fish besides cod can I use? You can use tilapia, rockfish, Dover sole, or any other white fish for this recipe that you like.
- Why do you season the fish and the flour? Seasoning the fish allows for the salt to penetrate into the filet. But we also need to season the flour so it doesnt taste raw. The garlic salt helps give the flour coating a little oomph!
- How can you tell the fish is ready to flip? I check the side of the fish while its frying on the first side to see how far its become opaque. Once its opaque about halfway through, I flip the fish and let it finish cooking on the other side.
- Why do you suggest using cold cubed butter for this recipe? Using small cubes of cold butter allows us to control how slowly we incorporate it into the sauce. The point is to have a warm sauce where the butter slowly melts and thickens it.
- Does this recipe make enough sauce to serve with rice or vegetables? Yes! Over the years, its become obvious that you guys love sauce and much as I do! So this recipe makes enough sauce to serve over the pan-fried fish and to drizzle on steamed/roasted vegetables or rice!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
How To Store & Reheat Tilapia
- Tilapia is typically best served immediately. When you store it, it can become mushy or fishy.
- If you do have leftovers, store them in your refrigerator in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days. I wouldnt recommend reheating it in the microwave. Do it, instead, in a lightly greased skillet or pan and reheat over medium-low heat.
Read Also: Texas Pete Pepper Sauce Recipe
How To Make Lemon Butter Fish
This dish comes together in just a few simple steps, and within 25 minutes!
I love to serve this fish with roasted baby potatoes and a simple side salad. Its so versatile and can be served alongside your favorite grains and veggies!
You guys are going to love this simple dinner. You can add some fresh garlic and red pepper flakes into the butter sauce for a little heat. Its so versatile and easily customizable!
What Makes This The Best Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
With the perfect sauce, you can take any ordinary dinner recipe and transform it into an over-the-top, restaurant-quality dish. My creamy butter sauce is that sauce.
What makes this sauce so special is the addition of a splash of heavy cream. The creaminess is this sauce is just magic!
When I say that I could put this sauce on anything, Im serious. My family asks me to make it all of the time for everything from chicken, to shrimp, to crab legs and salmon. This sauce has become a favorite family recipe in our home.
If youve ever had Carrabbas lemon butter sauce, youre going to want to give this recipe a try. This is not your average sauce recipe, and I guarantee you, you will want to use it for so many dishes!
The only thing that could make this meal even better would be ending it with the best strawberry shortcake recipe in the world!
Read Also: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
What Does Adding Butter To A Sauce Do
Adding butter to this lemon butter sauce adds fat to the sauce and it also helps to thicken and smooth out the consistency of the sauce. Itll get that olive oily texture without adding any oil if you cook it correctly. Butter acts as a vehicle to deliver that lemony goodness right to your taste buds.
Easy Lemon Butter Fish Recipe
Lemon Butter Fish may be more frequently ordered at restaurants than made at home. Its not your typical Tuesday night, in-between carpool fare.
But it can be. And it is. This Easy Lemon Butter Fish goes from stovetop to table top in just 20 minutes.
Not that Chicago style deep dish pizza isnt all fab at 6pm, but Lemon Butter Fish is a nice and light fish recip that makes you feel pretty good about what you had for dinner.
You guys may know were wild about seafood here But often, those dishes get reserved for the weekends. I dont even know why, since theyre just as easy as Quick Lemon-Basil Chicken.
So. Im improving our Tuesday night dinner game with this 20-minute Lemon Butter Fish recipe
You May Like: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
What Can I Add To This Sauce
Lemon, garlic, and butter with a white wine cream sauce make a perfect pairing for just about any dish, but if you like, you can add more ingredients to really make it your own.
The possibilities are endless! Here are some ideas of what you could add:
- Minced fresh parsley, rosemary, or thyme
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
How To Make Instant Pot Lemon Butter Sauce
Making Instant Pot Lemon Butter Sauce is sooooooo easy.
Also Check: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Walmart
The Lemon Butter Sauce
The Lemon Butter Sauce is just made with butter and lemon. But its not just butter and lemon.
Its brown butter and lemon.
If youre new to brown butter, this is going to change your world its addictive. Brown butter is everything you love about melted butter, boosted with an incredible nutty, toasty aroma.
The French call it Beurre noisette. The literal translation is hazelnut butter, and even though hazelnuts dont come into the equation at all, we get it.
Grilled Fish With Lemon Butter
- 10m prep
Recipe may contain milk and fish.
- 20g butter, softened
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch thyme leaves
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 x 250g Atlantic salmon fillet
- 1 egg tomato, halved lengthways
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Place the butter
Unsure of the quantity needed?
OK, Got It butter, softened), lemon juice , thyme and a good pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Step 3 Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Place the fish , skin-side down and tomato cut-side up on the lined tray and brush with the oil . Sprinkle with pepper. Cook under preheated grill for 4 minutes for medium or until cooked as desired. Season with salt.
- Step 4 Place the egg tomato on the serving plate. Place an egg lift between the skin and flesh of the fish and it should lift away easily, leaving the skin behind. Place the fish on the warm spinach and place the lemon butter on the top. Serve immediately with the lemon wedge.
Did you make this?
Also Check: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce For Pasta
This is the BEST sauce recipe for pasta! Whenever I feel like whipping up a quick and easy dinner I know everyone in the family will love, lemon butter sauce with pasta is near the top of my list.
Simply boil your favorite pasta, prepare this sauce, and mix the two together. It is also delicious with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese over the top.
What Is A Butter Sauce
A butter sauce is a sauce made with butter, broth or wine, and seasonings. Sometimes flour is added to thicken the sauce. It is versatile sauce that can be used in many dishes. It can also be used as a base for other sauces by adding other ingredients, such as lemon juice in this Lemon Butter Sauce.
You May Like: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
Easy Lemon Butter Fish In 15 Minutes
A tuna sandwich isnt the only simple, light seafood entrée that is easy to make during the week. White fish drizzled with a lemon butter sauce may sound restaurant worthy, but you can make it in just 15 minutes. Pair it with a big summer salad and rice for a filling, healthy mid-week dinner.
Cooking tender, flaky white fish is as easy as cooking chicken. Its even less time consuming. For this recipe, you can use the white fish of your choice. Cod, halibut, bass, and tilapia are all popular options.
The secret to perfecting this delicious dish is browning the butter before mixing it with the lemon juice. When you brown butter fist is gives it a richer, nutty flavor. .
If youve never made a sauce with browned butter before, dont worry! Browning butter takes no more than 3 minutes. It will stay warm for up to 30 minutes, giving you plenty of time to cook the fish fillets, drizzle the buttery sauce and serve before it gets cool. If you get busy and the butter cools, you only need to put it in the microwave for 15 seconds to reheat it.
How Long To Bake Fish
One of the great things about making baked fish is that it cooks quickly so you can get a healthy dinner on the table fast.
The exact cooking time varies a little, depending on the thickness of the fish fillets. In a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven the fish will be cooked in 10-12 minutes.
Because white fish is pretty thin, it can be a little tricky to use an instant-read meat thermometer. If you want to try, fish is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
You May Like: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
Heres How You Make It
Grilled Fish With Lemon Butter Sauce
In a bowl, combine the garlic, butter, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon juice and red chilli flakes together. Mix this well.
Place the fish fillets in this mixture. Rub the fish fillets with the spices properly. Cover or seal and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove these fish fillets from the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F , remember to keep the oven on grill mode.
Take a grilling rack lined with aluminium foil.
Place the fish on it. Brush little vegetable oil over the fish. Place the rack on the top section of the preheated oven.
Grill 10 minutes per side or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Transfer to a serving plate.
Method of making lemon butter sauce.
Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley. Bring it to boil. Cook and stir about 10 minutes, until thickened.
Pour the sauce over the grilled fish fillets, sprinkle chopped coriander leaves or cilantro and serve with steamed vegetables and french fries.
Serve it instantly.
Read Also: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
Use Sparingly Its Rich
And you dont need much this stuff is rich! The recipe makes slightly more than you need because running out of sauce in the middle of dinner is dismal, but in all honesty, my standard serving is 1 tablespoon of Sauce per fillet of fish.
It looks a lot browner in the bowl than it does when you drizzle it over the fish. Which is actually perfect its a bright yellow Lemon colour once drizzled. If it was just plain melted butter, you wouldnt have that same intense deep yellow colour that you see on the plate nor would it pool on the plate like in the photo below.
The fish fillet is pictured in this post with the Kale and Quinoa Salad I published on Monday. Keeps for days in the fridge, my friends! Dont think of it as a trendy health food salad. Its just a darn tasty filling salad that just happens to star 2 superfoods. Tested and proven!
Here are a few more ideas for things to serve this fish with:
Mashed potato or mashed cauliflower
For a true indulgent restaurant experience, try Paris Mash the richest, creamiest mashed potato in the world
Curried Basmati Rice this aromatic pilaf would be terrific paired with the fresh fish flavour
How To Make Lemon Butter Sauce: A Few Tips
This lemon butter sauce is so quick, you can probably make it in the time you read this article! You can skip to the recipe below to get started, or read these pointers for making this sauce:
- The best way to zest a lemon? Our top pick is a microplane, or use the small holes on a box grater. Hold the microplane in one hand, place one end on a flat surface and hold it at an angle. Hold the lemon in the other hand and drag it down over the microplane holes. The most important part for either method: grate away the yellow part of the peel only, not the white pith! The pith has a bitter flavor.
- Use low heat, and heat the garlic for only 1 minute. You dont want to saute the garlic, youll just infuse the flavor into the butter. When it just smells fragrant, its done! Remove from the heat and youre ready to go.
Read Also: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipes