Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce A Washington Dc Wing Sauce
From Washington DC, with love! Our sauce was crafted and created in a humble kitchen in the suburbs of Washington DC. Now we want to share our amazing and delicious sauce with you! Capital City mambo sauce creates a sweet and tangy addition to any dish.Our delicious sauce is versatile and can be used as a marinade, glaze, dipping, finishing sauce, or even for food on the grill.Capital City Mambo sauce has been featured in various reputable news outlets such as First We Feast, The Hot Ones, The Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Thrillist, Refinery 29, Complex, The Kitchn, Black Enterprise, and much more.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”BestPlacesGifts.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Clicking the Device names, Products names, Images and View On Amazon buttons will redirect you to the product listing on the appropriate Amazon.com , where you can find the updated prices, customer reviews and more product details.
Features Of Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce
Homemade Mumbo Sauce Ingredients
- Ketchup. Ketchup is the primary base for making mambo sauce, though you can also use tomato sauce or tomato paste as a substitute. Ketchup brings extra tang and flavor, however,
- Vinegar. I use white vinegar, though apple cider vinegar is nice as well.
- Soy Sauce.
- Hot Sauce. Use your favorite Louisiana style hot sauce. I like to use Valentina Hot as a good sauce mixer, though Franks is great, Tabasco or Crystal. I like to use a thicker hot sauce.
- Sugar. I use palm sugar for mine, though you can also use brown sugar or granulated white sugar. Some recipes call for quite a lot of sugar. I prefer to use less for a less sweet version, though please use it to your own personal tastes.
- Spices. I use cayenne or heat and flavor. Use paprika for a milder version. You can include other spices to make it your own, including garlic, salt, black pepper, ginger, dried herbs and others.
Recommended Reading: Can I Have Cocktail Sauce On Keto
Copycat Capital City Mumbo Sauce
Mumbo sauce or Mambo sauce depending on who you ask is a bright red condiment that is tangy and sweet.
You can find this sauce at every Chinese and soul food restaurant in D.C. Each restaurant has its own variation and the sauces can vary in consistency, sweetness, and tanginess.
Mumbo sauce is the best on chicken wings! But you can dip fried shrimp and french fries in the sauce. Some even like to pour over rice.
We worked hard to recreate this sauce so we can always have some on hand. We use it for pretty much anything that is fried!
However you decide to use the sauce, Im sure well all agree that its finger lickin good!
What Is Mumbo Sauce
Mumbo Sauce, or Mambo Sauce, is a popular sauce/condiment from Washington, DC, particularly Capital City. It is a tangy tomato-based sauce that is much like a barbecue sauce or a Chinese sweet and sour sauce.
The origins of mumbo sauce seem to be in dispute, with some saying the sauce originated in Chicago. However, today it is widely used in Washington, DC, where it is commonly served with fried foods and soul food, especially chicken wings.
Youll find different versions of the sauces created from cook to cook and restaurant to restaurant, with variations in consistency, seasonings, sweetness and heat levels.
You can find some popular brands to try, or make this homemade version that is super easy to make with simple ingredients.
Lets talk about how we make homemade mumbo sauce, shall we?
Don’t Miss: Simple Truth Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce
Like our Mild signature sauce, Sweet Hot will win you over the minute you taste it. Sweet Hot Mambo sauce creates a sweet and tangy addition to any dish with a healthy amount of cayenne and habanero peppers. With its great tomato base and lightly sweet flavor, it?s no wonder why this secret sauce has been a favorite among Washingtonians for years. This all-purpose sauce can be used as a marinade, glaze, dipping or finishing sauce. Bring an original taste of Washington, DC home today.
Analysis Of 600+ Reviews For Capital City Mambo Sauce
BestViewsReviews analyzed 7167 reviews for 39 products in the Barbecue Sauces
We analyzed a total of 693 reviews for this product out of which, 361 reviews were received in the last 6 months.
The analysis indicates that around 90% reviews were positive while around 7% of reviews had negative sentiment.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
How To Make Mumbo Sauce The Recipe Method
Whisk. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium sized pot.
Heat. Heat to medium and cook, stirring a bit, for 10 minutes to let the flavors combine. Remove from heat.
Cool and Serve. Cool and serve, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Boom! Done! Your homemade mumbo sauce is ready to serve! What are you going to do with yours? Wings? French fry dip? Tangy BBQ sauce? Lets hear it!
What Happens If Capital City Mambo Sauce Sweet Hot Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Don’t Miss: Best No Sugar Spaghetti Sauce
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Bestviewsreviews Ranking And Score For Capital City Mambo Sauce
This product received a total score of 9.88 out of 10, based on review sentiments and user opinions related to 7 features:
Recommended Reading: Coney Sauce For Hot Dogs
How To Store Homemade Mumbo Sauce:
Refrigerate Cool for 1 hour then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Freeze Cool for 2 hours then transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then bring to room temperature before serving.
In case you really enjoy sweet sauces heres a list of others to try!
How To Make Mumbo Sauce Sauce:
To make this homemade mumbo sauce, simply
Read Also: Pizza With Sauce On Top