Tips For The Better Sauce
- Thickness: Add water, and pour the water slowly while you mix the ingredient, to make sure you dont make the sauce warty. if you want more thickness try to add more mayo.
- Sour taste: use vinegar, this will add a sour flavor to the sauce you can also add ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
- hot taste: try to add 1 tablespoon harissa, that will add super hot flavor. that goes well with Boom Boom Shrimp
How To Make Boom Boom Shrimps
Where To Buy Boom Boom Sauce
You can find Boom Boom Sauce in Amazon and Walmart for about 15$. Also it is sold at most Sheetz locations.
If youve never been to Sheetz stations, Boom Boom Sauce is a type of fry sauce that Sheetz serves with some of their menu items.
Personally, I prefer to make boom boom sauce at home in big amounts and store it. You can easily store this sauce and use it for a long period of time.
Best Boom Boom Sauce Brands:
Read Also: Chicken N Ribs Bbq Sauce
How To Store Boom Boom Shrimp
In The Fridge
To store leftover shrimps and maximize the shelf life. Refrigerate the shrimps in shallow airtight containers or resealable plastic bags.
Properly stored, Those Boom Boom shrimps will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
In The Freezer
You can also freeze Boom Boom shrimps to use on another day, Simply place the baked vegan shrimps in the freezing bags or containers, then place them in the freezer. Boom Boom shrimps Can last in the freezer for 3 to 6 months.
Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe Tryouts
I was on the hunt for a Bang Bang shrimp recipe after a friend raved about how wonderful it was at the Bonefish Grill in Destin, Florida. There were several copycat versions online for Bang Bang Shrimp. Since I didnt know what the exact taste of Bang Bang Shrimp, I played around with a few recipes until I found one that seemed perfect to me.
The first one I tried used honey as an ingredients. Much too sweet for me.
One recipe added lemon juice. It was good but Im not sure it needed any extra tang.
Another added extra red pepper. Im guessing they like it hotter than the chili garlic sauce gets it. My palate didnt need any more heat.
Anyway, my version is simple, simple, simple. And Im all about easy. Being super tasty and easy, I was sold with this version. I have served this as a dip with veggies. Oh yeah!
You May Like: Lee Kum Kee Guilin Style Chili Sauce
Boom Boom Shrimp Sauce 105 Oz
4 Great Reasons To Buy From Us:
Tracked Shipping on all orders
Tracked Shipping on all orders
14 Days Returns
- Shipment tracking ID will be provided after your product is dispatched.
- The delivery date stated is indicative and subject to availability, payment authorization, verification, and processing.
- In case your product is not delivered due to an incorrect or invalid address, we will not be able to process any claims. However, we will notify you if it is returned to us.
What Is Boom Boom Shrimp Made Of
Basically, Boom Boom shrimps are made of flour and cola batter, peeled shrimps, and boom boom sauce. So First you need to make the batter, then soak the shrimps in it before deep-frying them, after frying the shrimps serve them with boom-boom sauce. So let’s take a deep look at the boom boom shrimps ingredients.
- Shrimps: Cleaned and peeled. I prefer to use small-size shrimps and use medium-size skewers . It will be great to put 4 or 5 small shrimps in the skewer.
- All-purpose flour: Flour is the main ingredient for the batter, you can also use plain flour.
- Club soda: About 1 cup of cold club soda for the batter.
- Boom Boom Sauce: For serving the boom boom shrimp. You can make it in less than 5 min. if you know Yum YUm sauce, So I think you will notice that is boom boom sauce is very similar to it.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups cold club soda
- Canola oil, for frying
- Boom Boom Sauce
Don’t Miss: 12 Oz Bbq Sauce Bottles
How To Make Boom Boom Sauce
Add 1 cup plain mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, 2 teaspoon Sriracha, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, ¼ cup ketchup, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to a medium-size mixing bowl.
Stir well using a spoon or a small wire whisk until combined.
Check for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
Transfer the sauce into a container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a month.
What We Love About This Recipe
This sauce is incredibly versatile. It goes on just about anything. You will always want to have this sauce in your fridge, ready and waiting.
- 5 Minute Sauce: It is so quick but it transforms so much. It will make your taste buds sing.
- Easy Ingredients: All are pantry staple and only 5 ingredient.
- Family Friendly: Everyone will love this fun sauce to give your food a little kick. Great for crunchy shrimp, french fries, onion rings or as a burger sauce. It will become everyones favorite dipping sauce. favorite dipping sauces green chiles
Don’t Miss: How To Make Your Own Hot Sauce
Frequently Asked Questions About This Best Dipping Sauce
HOW TO MAKE A FAVORITE DIPPING SAUCES HEALTHIER
Try a low fat or fat free mayo or even an avocado mayo will work well.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE INGREDIENT FOR SRIRACHA SAUCE?
Of course, peri-peri sauce, Franks hot sauce or tabasco will work as a replacement.
RECIPE BE DOUBLED OR HALVED?
Indeed you can make this recipe in the amount that you need, just adjust the measurements in the recipe card.
IS BOOM BOOM SAUCE THE SAME AS YUM YUM SAUCE?
No, while some of the ingredients are similar, the difference is that boom boom sauce is spicier, because of chili sauce. Also yum yum sauce has a sweet taste because of sugar.
Expert Tips For Making This Boom
- Not as Hot: One teaspoon of toasted sesame oil can replace the sriracha sauce. Use caution, the taste is strong.It is a personal preference.
- Add Lemon Juice: Want a little acidy tang, try a little splash of lemon or lime juice.
- Use a plunger measuring cup for the mayonnaise. I love this using plunger measuring cup for ingredients like mayo, ketchup or peanut butter. Its so easy.
- Variation tip: Like a little more heat, add some spice such as cayenne or red pepper flake, or green chilies, use your best judgement. Yellow Mustard is good too.
You May Like: Best Online Hot Sauce Store
What Is Boom Boom Sauce
It is a slightly spicy slightly sweet mayonnaise based chili sauce. In really simple terms it is spiced up mayonnaise and the main spice is sweet chili sauce. This an excellent dipping sauce for fried foods, Japanese or Chinese cuisine, or even as a sandwich or wrap spread. You and your family are going to love it!
Do you have anyone in your family that just loves dipping sauces? In my family I am that person. To me a good sauce can make or break a meal. Have you tried any of my other sauces? This sauce, Yum Yum Sauce, Southern Comeback Sauce, and Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce are just a few of my favorites.
Sheet Pan Boom Boom Shrimp
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links will result in a small commission for me , but all opinions are my own. You can find my full affiliate disclaimer here.
Sheet pan roasted bell peppers, red onion, and broccoli baked with large shrimp tossed in a sweet and spicy Boom Boom sauce.
You know when you have that hankering for something saucy? For me, this is usually when I grab the menu of our local Chinese delivery. Very little is better than hopping out of the shower, putting on my pajamas, and eating Chinese takeout on the couch while watching The Office.I began playing with coconut aminos in preparation of last years September Whole30. I created Beef and Broccoli, Paleo Orange Chicken, and BBQ Chicken Bites using the technique of reducing coconut aminos bringing to a rapid boil followed by reducing the heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon. Well, this has been my thing. I am reducing coconut aminos for days now! From BBQ glaze to mock Chinese takeout, I am on a roll and this recipe is not different than the others Its INSANELY delicious. Like, ridiculous. Plus, its assembles on a sheet pan!Now, theres a little love labor involved here but do not let it turn your eye! While it may take a little more time than the other Sheet Pan January meals, its still just as simple with less overall work!
What is Boom Boom Shrimp
How to make Boom Boom Shrimp and Roasted Vegetables
Read Also: Benihana Yum Yum Sauce For Sale
What Is Boom Boom Shrimp
Boom Boom Shrimp is the same way as tempura shrimp but with different batter ingredients. First, you need to make the Batter which is made of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and cold soda. Then soak the peeled shrimps in the batter then deep-fry them. I prefer to use Canola oil for frying instead of vegetable oil because it has many health benefits. Once you have done with the shrimps, you can then serve them with Boom-Boom sauce which is basically made of mayo, ketchup, and sweet chili sauce.
This is one of the famous and easiest shrimps recipes, and if you are here for the first time, I recommend you to try it.
How To Make Bang Bank Shrimp
- Place buttermilk in a medium bowl.
- Add thawed shrimp.
- Soak for 30 minutes.
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, baking soda, salt and panko breadcrumbs.
- Remove shrimp from the buttermilk.
- Place on paper towels and use paper towel to pat dry.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch mixture.
- In a 2-quart sauce pan, add cooking oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place shrimp, a few at a time, in the oil.
- Fry for approximately 2 minutes or until the shrimp turns medium brown in color.
- Remove shrimp from oil.
Recommended Reading: Ball Marinara Sauce For Canning
Does Fish Sauce Make Food Taste Like Fish
Few ingredients bring as much immediate, show-stopping flavor to a dish as fish sauce does. It’s sweet, salty, fishy, and funky all at once, a prismatic tsunami of flavor. But… … It does, as advertised, derive most of its flavor from fish, but you don’t just smack a fish around and out plops a bottle of fish sauce.
Boom Boom Or Bang Bang Shrimp
Whats in a name? Ive seen a Bang Bang Shrimp recipe on menus as both Boom Boom and Bang Bang Shrimp, but regardless of its name, youll definitely feel the explosion of flavor with this recipe.
The shrimp are lightly battered and fried. And the sauce accompanying it? Oh my its amazing. Even better, all of the ingredients can be found at most grocery stores. I found the ingredients for Bang Bang sauce ingredients in the Asian Foods aisle at Walmart.
Don’t Miss: Does Buffalo Chicken Pizza Have Tomato Sauce
Is Boom Boom Sauce The Same As Yum Yum Sauce
Boom Boom sauce is very similar to yum yum sauce, both of them are made of mayonnaise, ketchup, and garlic powder. But the difference is that boom boom sauce is spicier, because of chili sauce. Also yum yum sauce has a sweet taste because of sugar. Some people use Lemon juice in both of them. But as I told you, there are many versions of boom boom or yum yum sauce.
- Boom Boom Sauce: Mayonnaise, Ketchup, chili sauce, garlic powder.
- Yum Yum Sauce: Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Vinegar, Sugar, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Melted Butter.
How To Reheat
There are many options to reheat leftover boom boom shrimps, you can use the oven or microwave, you can even reheat them in the air fryer which I always recommend.
Reheat In The Oven
Reheat In The Microwaves.
In The Air Fryer.
Also Check: Heartbeat Hot Sauce Pineapple Habanero