Dc Capital City Mambo Sauce Sweet Hot 12 Oz Bottle Dc Style Wing
Seller:terpamz100%, Location:College Park, Maryland, US, Ships to: US & many other countries, Item:133404305605DC Capital City Mambo Sauce SWEET HOT 12 oz Bottle D.C. Style Wing . DC’s very own Capital City Mambo Sauce!Condition:New, Number of Servings:12, Brand:Capital City, Modified Item:No, Product:BBQ & Hot Sauce, Expiration Date:7/24/21, Allergens:Contains Wheat and Soy, Country/Region of Manufacture:United States, Style:Wing Sauce, Serving Size:2 Tbsp , Calories per Serving:63, Food Aisle:Pantry, Regional Cuisine:Washington, D.C., UPC:869323000216 See More
- Popularity – 13 watching, 30 days on eBay. Super high amount watching. 28 sold, 10 available. More
Copycat Capital City Mumbo Sauce
Mumbo sauce or Mambo sauce depending on who you ask is a bright red condiment that is tangy and sweet.
You can find this sauce at every Chinese and soul food restaurant in D.C. Each restaurant has its own variation and the sauces can vary in consistency, sweetness, and tanginess.
Mumbo sauce is the best on chicken wings! But you can dip fried shrimp and french fries in the sauce. Some even like to pour over rice.
We worked hard to recreate this sauce so we can always have some on hand. We use it for pretty much anything that is fried!
However you decide to use the sauce, Im sure well all agree that its finger lickin good!
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. Its a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a pickup fee on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Read Also: Rao’s At Costco
More About Capital City Mambo Sauce Reviews Recipes
MUMBO SAUCE, DC’S SPECIAL SAUCE RECIPE
- Mix and simmer. Mix all the ingredients together in a pot, preferably with a whisk in order to break up clumps of tomato paste and ginger powder. Simmer on low, do not boil, for about 20 minutes to marry the flavors and thicken it a bit. Taste and adjust to your preferences. Like it hotter, be my guest.
- Serve. When it is time to serve, you can drizzle it on the food or serve it in a bowl for dipping. Or both. Mambo Sauce can be refrigerated for months. If you’ve had it in the fridge, toss it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so to take the chill off.
MAMBO GLAZED SMOKED RIBS – CAPITOL CITY MAMBO SAUCE
CAPITAL CITY MAMBO SAUCE CHICKEN PIZZA – CAPITAL CITY®
RECIPES – CAPITAL CITY® MAMBO SAUCE
MAMBO GLAZED SMOKED RIBS – CAPITAL CITY® MAMBO SAUCE
COPYCAT MUMBO® SAUCE RECIPE – SAUCE FANATIC
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Refrigerate Cool for 1 hour then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Freeze Cool for 2 hours then transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then bring to room temperature before serving.
AMAZON.COM: CUSTOMER REVIEWS: CAPITAL CITY MILD MAMBO …
ALMOST CAPITAL CITY MUMBO SAUCE – THE WASHINGTON POST
Bestviewsreviews Ranking And Score For Capital City Mambo Sauce
This product received a total score of 9.88 out of 10, based on review sentiments and user opinions related to 7 features:
You May Like: Rao’s Pasta Sauce
Homemade Mumbo Sauce Ingredients
- Ketchup. Ketchup is the primary base for making mambo sauce, though you can also use tomato sauce or tomato paste as a substitute. Ketchup brings extra tang and flavor, however,
- Vinegar. I use white vinegar, though apple cider vinegar is nice as well.
- Soy Sauce.
- Hot Sauce. Use your favorite Louisiana style hot sauce. I like to use Valentina Hot as a good sauce mixer, though Franks is great, Tabasco or Crystal. I like to use a thicker hot sauce.
- Sugar. I use palm sugar for mine, though you can also use brown sugar or granulated white sugar. Some recipes call for quite a lot of sugar. I prefer to use less for a less sweet version, though please use it to your own personal tastes.
- Spices. I use cayenne or heat and flavor. Use paprika for a milder version. You can include other spices to make it your own, including garlic, salt, black pepper, ginger, dried herbs and others.
Recommended Reading: Can I Have Cocktail Sauce On Keto
What Does The Capital City Mambo Sauce Available At Kfc Taste Like
The Capital City Mambo sauce, which you can slap on a chicken sandwich or dunk your tenders in, is a condiment with a careful sweet-to-heat ratio. It’s also a thinner consistency than BBQ, making it easier to dip your chicken or fries in. I drowned my chicken sandwich with the stuff and even included a little bowl on the side for dipping my fries for the full experience. The first thing that hits you is a sweet tanginess reminiscent of BBQ sauce, then an added kick of heat hits your tastebuds to round out the Mambo sauce experience.
The Mambo sauce isn’t good. It’s great. See what I did there? Dad joke! While it’s a totally different version than the chain’s typical sauce-slathered spicy iteration of the Fried Chicken Sandwich, it’s an obvious upgrade from the classic style. It adds a needed punch of flavor, giving the crispy, savory chicken a rich tanginess while still giving that bit of heat. It melds together the flavors perfectly.
As for the fries, the sauce makes the experience. As someone who doesn’t want fries without a sauce for dunking, the Mambo is necessary. The simple, saltiness of the fry is the ideal complement to the sauceand more than that, it allows the Mambo to shine in a way it can’t when coupled with the complexities of the Chicken Sandwich. The French fries are a canvas for the iconic DC staple.
You May Like: Rao’s Spicy Marinara Sauce
How To Store Homemade Mumbo Sauce:
Refrigerate Cool for 1 hour then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Freeze Cool for 2 hours then transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then bring to room temperature before serving.
In case you really enjoy sweet sauces heres a list of others to try!
Analysis Of 600+ Reviews For Capital City Mambo Sauce
BestViewsReviews analyzed 7167 reviews for 39 products in the Barbecue Sauces
We analyzed a total of 693 reviews for this product out of which, 361 reviews were received in the last 6 months.
The analysis indicates that around 90% reviews were positive while around 7% of reviews had negative sentiment.
Also Check: Raos Walmart
What Is Mambo Sauce
The sauce originated in the 1950s and quickly dominated Black food culture in Washington, becoming a staple for locals fried chicken, chicken wings, and French fries. Capital City founder Arsha Jones’ recipe has become a fan-favorite among Washingtonians and beyond, born after she moved to the suburbs and struggled to find the sauce there.
“KFC has given Capital City a huge opportunity to highlight a culture that many don’t get a chance to experience,” Jones said in a press release. “When visitors think of Washington, DC, they envision museums, government, and politics, but there’s a huge community just beyond those few blocks that has a rich history filled with styles, music, lingo and food all our own. We are proud to be able to partner with KFC to share our culture with more people.”
The Dc Staple Is Joining Menus Across Atlanta Dc And Dallas
KFC understands the importance of a good dipping opportunity. Great chicken is great chicken, but extra heat, maybe a dash of sweetness, and suddenly, you’ve reached an entirely new flavor status. This is why fast food joint has partnered with Washington, DC staple Capital City to bring its iconic sauce to the masses.
As part of a limited-edition collaboration, KFC recently introduced Sweet Hot Capital City Mambo Sauce in a few select markets. This launch, however, is a bit more momentous given its history. The classic recipe, which has long ruled the District, catapulted to even greater success thanks to the Black- and female-owned Capital City. Now those outside of DC can get a taste.
Read Also: Is Rao’s Pizza Sauce Gluten Free
How To Make Mumbo Sauce Sauce:
To make this homemade mumbo sauce, simply
What Happens If Capital City Mambo Sauce Sweet Hot Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Dont Miss: Best No Sugar Spaghetti Sauce
You May Like: Costco Rao Sauce
Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce
Like our Mild signature sauce, Sweet Hot will win you over the minute you taste it. Sweet Hot Mambo sauce creates a sweet and tangy addition to any dish with a healthy amount of cayenne and habanero peppers. With its great tomato base and lightly sweet flavor, it?s no wonder why this secret sauce has been a favorite among Washingtonians for years. This all-purpose sauce can be used as a marinade, glaze, dipping or finishing sauce. Bring an original taste of Washington, DC home today.
Features Of Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce
Don’t Miss: Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce Stores
Capital City Co Moves Its Mambo Sauce Business To Prince George’s Countyyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
About the business: CapitalCity Co. makes mambosauce … where her team would bottle the sauce for retail partners like Walmart, Safeway, Target and Capitol Hill Supermarket.
The Business Journals
Inquiries Related to capital city mambo sauce walmart That People Also Ask
Users searching capital city mambo sauce walmart will probably have many other questions related to it. Currently, there are 20 results released and the latest one is updated on 19 Aug 2021. The above search results can partly answer users’ queries, however, there will be many other problems that users are interested in. We list the most common ones below.
What will you give me when I search Capital City Mambo Sauce Walmart?
Our system will base on the phrase Capital City Mambo Sauce Walmart to give the most relevant results, including event information that matches your search needs. It will be useful information related to Random_keyword
How many useful results related to Capital City Mambo Sauce Walmart will I find?
For each result, our system is updated everyday to get the trendiest information related to Capital City Mambo Sauce Walmart. Therefore, there are many constantly up-to-date results for your research.
Can I view TheRecipes on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can access TheRecipes website from any smartphone and tablet. We constantly update our system to make users easier to access.
What will TheRecipes provide in each search result of Capital City Mambo Sauce Walmart
Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce A Washington Dc Wing Sauce
From Washington DC, with love! Our sauce was crafted and created in a humble kitchen in the suburbs of Washington DC. Now we want to share our amazing and delicious sauce with you! Capital City mambo sauce creates a sweet and tangy addition to any dish.Our delicious sauce is versatile and can be used as a marinade, glaze, dipping, finishing sauce, or even for food on the grill.Capital City Mambo sauce has been featured in various reputable news outlets such as First We Feast, The Hot Ones, The Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Thrillist, Refinery 29, Complex, The Kitchn, Black Enterprise, and much more.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.BestPlacesGifts.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Clicking the Device names, Products names, Images and View On Amazon buttons will redirect you to the product listing on the appropriate Amazon.com , where you can find the updated prices, customer reviews and more product details.
Recommended Reading: Raos No Sugar Added Sauce
What Is Mumbo Sauce
Mumbo Sauce, or Mambo Sauce, is a popular sauce/condiment from Washington, DC, particularly Capital City. It is a tangy tomato-based sauce that is much like a barbecue sauce or a Chinese sweet and sour sauce.
The origins of mumbo sauce seem to be in dispute, with some saying the sauce originated in Chicago. However, today it is widely used in Washington, DC, where it is commonly served with fried foods and soul food, especially chicken wings.
Youll find different versions of the sauces created from cook to cook and restaurant to restaurant, with variations in consistency, seasonings, sweetness and heat levels.
You can find some popular brands to try, or make this homemade version that is super easy to make with simple ingredients.
Lets talk about how we make homemade mumbo sauce, shall we?
Dont Miss: Simple Truth Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Kfc Tests New Capital City Mambo Sauce In Washington Dc Dallas And Atlanta
KFCoffering Sweet Hot Capital City mambo sauce as a test
Sweet Hot Capital City mambo sauce features a tomato base and lightly sweet flavor infused with cayenne and habanero pepper for a medium heat. According to KFC, it pairs well with their fried chicken and sides.
During the test, you can purchase it as part of a combo as well as getting it added to any menu item for an extra charge.
Capital City is a Black-owned specialty foods maker based in Arnold, Maryland that’s known for their mambo sauce. Mambo sauce is a regional sauce specific to the DC area that originally became popular in the 1950s as a staple at many take-out establishments, particularly at wing shops in historically Black neighborhoods, but eventually expanding to the mainstream. Today, you can find it at grocery retailers as well as at various restaurants in the area.
With the test, KFC is looking into the prospect of offering the sauce nationwide. If you’re curious about the sauce, it’s available for purchase online at the Capital City website as well as .
Also Check: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Substitute
How To Make Mumbo Sauce The Recipe Method
Whisk. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium sized pot.
Heat. Heat to medium and cook, stirring a bit, for 10 minutes to let the flavors combine. Remove from heat.
Cool and Serve. Cool and serve, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Boom! Done! Your homemade mumbo sauce is ready to serve! What are you going to do with yours? Wings? French fry dip? Tangy BBQ sauce? Lets hear it!