Keto Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
And just like that, we have a handful of low carb dinner ideas that are super simple to whip up. Plus, youre getting a homemade sauce thats made of high-quality ingredients without sacrificing hours in the kitchen. Whos ready to cook!?
Hope you enjoy this keto spaghetti sauce recipe. Let us know what you think in the comments section below!
What Youll Need To Make Spaghetti Casserole
The ingredients are very simple and go so good together you are going to want to add it to your monthly recipe rotation. At least thats what we like to do.
- Diced onions and minced garlic cloves – both of these have so much flavor even in small quantities.
- Ground turkey or beef – either work well in this.
- Italian seasoning – or use a combination of basil and oregano.
- Marinara sauce – make sure to choose a variety with no added sugar or make your own with my keto marinara sauce recipe.
- Cooked spaghetti squash – notes on how to cook this versatile vegetable a little further down.
- Softened cream cheese – to kick this up an extra notch use garlic and chive flavored cream cheese.
- Ricotta cheese – I usually use whole milk ricotta but part-skim can work too.
- Grated parmesan cheese – or any grated Italian cheese such as romano.
- Garlic powder – I love roasted garlic powder.
- Mozzarella cheese – if you can shred your own to avoid additives.
Keto Diet Spaghetti Sauce Recipe Variations
Our sugar-free spaghetti sauce is easy to prepare and requires just a few ingredients. However, there are a ton of delicious ways to spice it up or bulk it out. Here are a few of our favorite low sugar pasta sauce variations:
- Instead of using dried herbs, make this recipe extra fresh by chopping up all the herbs and spices for the sauce yourself.
- Make this a meaty, low carb ragu or bolognese sauce by including ground beef or Italian sausage in the recipe. Simply brown your beef with a few diced onions in a skillet before adding it to the tomatoes and herbs and leaving to simmer.
- Try other types of ground meat, other than beef or Italian sausage. Ground pork or turkey are good choices, but you can try chorizo, veal, chicken, or any of your other favorite meaty ingredients.
- Vegetarians or vegans can add vegetables to the sauce instead of meat. You can try mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, carrots, and many more. Simply cook the veggies first, then add to the tomatoes and leave to simmer in the herby sauce.
- Create a spicy low sugar spaghetti sauce by adding in extra red pepper flakes, chopping a few fresh chilis, or adding some chili powder and cayenne to the mix.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, then add a few extra tomatoes and leave it to simmer for longer on the stovetop. Alternatively, if you think the sauce is too thick, then add some water to the pan when youre cooking!
Recommended Reading: Keto Bbq Sauce No Sweetener
Can You Eat Tomato Sauce On A Keto Diet
Wait a minute, isnt tomato sauce the same as a marinara sauce? Not quite.
I thought the same way too, but my tomato soup nazi chef friend was quick to point out they are entirely different things!
So whats the difference, you ask?
Both are indeed tomato-based sauces, but the main differences lie in the ingredients, the method of cooking, and of course, the taste and texture.
On the other hand, tomato sauce is a bit more complex and typically simmered for much longer for a thicker and richer flavor. Tomato sauces can also end up spicy, meaty, cheesy, or insert other adjectives here, which depends on the chef.
But I digress.
You Dont Even Need A Pot To Make This Recipe
I kid you not, I never cook this sauce before using it!
I do heat up this keto marinara sauce before eating it in a recipe, but I usually make it without simmering it at all beforehand. I find that the longer you cook a simple meatless sauce like this one, the more flavor you lose.
I could literally drink this keto marinara sauce out of the container thats how flavorful it is!
My usual marinara sauce recipe contains a lot of onions and garlic, which can really bust your net carb budget for the day. So Im giving you this super easy, and much lower in carbs, no chop low carb marinara sauce that you can literally make in five minutes. Then freeze it in 1/2 cup portions for whenever you need it.
Don’t Miss: Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce Where To Buy
Jar Sauce For Lasagna Buying Guide
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Jar Sauce For Lasagna currently on the market!
Why This Recipe Works
- A classic sauce updated for todays modern diets, this low-carb spaghetti sauce contains all of the flavors you want without the added ingredients you dont need.
- Made with fresh garlic, oregano, and basil, keto spaghetti sauce tastes just like you would expect from a classic Italian sauce.
- Ready to go in just an hour, this sauce will taste like you simmered it for hours .
- Fresh onion and green peppers add extra veggies to your sauce and a depth of flavor you wont want to skip out on.
Also Check: Chick Fil A Honey Bbq Sauce
Barilla Fire Roasted Marinara Sauce
For a popular store-bought brand, this specific flavor of Barilla actually has a super healthy profile: it’s low-cal and fat-free, plus packs more fiber and protein per serving than many other marinara sauces. Did we forget to mention the sugar? There’s only five grams of sugar, tooso this really is a sauce you can feel good about serving.
Raos Homemade Raos Arrabbiata Sauce
- Raos Homemade Pasta sauce
- RAOS QUALITY: Compare Raos tomato sauces to sauces from Prego, Barilla, Newmans Own, Emma Bella, Classico, Bertoli, Muir Glen, Yo Mamas Foods, Cucina Antica, Mias Kitchen, Hunts, Organic Bello, Lucini, Ragu, Daves Gourmet, and Francesco Rinaldi.
- SMALL BATCH & SLOW SIMMERED: Raos tomato sauces are made like a classic, homemade Italian pasta sauceseasonings are added in just the right order & slowly simmered, elevating the natural, sweet flavor of tomatoes, We dont add sugar, paste, or fillers.
- ALL NATURAL, PREMIUM QUALITY: Raos Specialty Foods uses fresh ingredients in our classic Italian Vodka Tomato Sauce, Following the same simple recipe perfected by generations, each jar of sauce brings you the warm, classic flavor of homemade pasta sauce.
Don’t Miss: Hot Sauce For Weight Loss
What Can I Serve With Keto Spaghetti Sauce
Keto spaghetti sauce goes exceptionally well with low carb pasta substitutes for a delicious keto-friendly spaghetti dinner.
Regular pasta isnt keto, as, of course, pasta is loaded with carbs. There are, however, lots of tasty low carb alternatives.
The easiest low carb pasta-substitutes that you can prepare at home are spiralized vegetables. You can use a sharp knife to spiralize or a spiralizing machine. Zoodles, or zucchini noodles, are one of our favorites, but you can try carrots, squash, and many other low carb vegetables too.
Here are a few different serving suggestions:
- Prepare an aubergine lasagna You replace the lasagna sheets with sliced aubergine and use your keto-friendly sauce as the base. Prepare a low carb bechamel sauce and layer up the dish with mozzarella.
- Prepare shirataki noodles. Shirataki noodles are one of the best low carb noodle alternatives, and you can find them in many stores across the country these days.
- Zoodle bolognese. Serve the sauce with ground beef on top of a bed of low carb zoodles!
- Low carb tacos and burritos. Get ahold of low carb tortillas or simply make lettuce wraps for a low carb burrito sauce!
Filling Or Topper For Omelets
Think about it, many use salsa or tomatoes in their omelets. Why not marinara? It will dress up any omelet.
Really there are so many ways to use this. If you arent worried about carbs you could use it for a traditional lasagna or a topping on garlic bread.
However, if you are counting carbs, you really dont need to feel limited. There are so many keto friendly choices that are delicious!
Recommended Reading: Cowboy Spaghetti Pioneer Woman
Top 10 Best Jar Sauce For Lasagna
You can trust our selection for Jar Sauce For Lasagna Reviews. Because We have worked hard studying and analyzing 54095 reviews for Jar Sauce For Lasagna and rating them. It was a difficult job to list only ten products for Jar Sauce For Lasagna where thousands of them available online. I hope it will help you to take final decision for Best Jar Sauce For Lasagna.
Why Is This The Best Spaghetti Sauce
This keto spaghetti sauce is the best sauce to use when you are looking for a fresh taste without any added sugar or carbs.
Making your own keto marinara sauce is so much better than using store-bought jar sauce and can go from start to finish in only 30-45 minutes, which makes it a terrific quick dinner over low carb pasta on a weeknight after working all day.
You can start with canned tomatoes, either whole, diced, or crushed, then add your favorite spices. We all love garlic and onions, they add so much flavor. You dont even have to take time to chop themjust use garlic powder and onion powder.
Then add one or more of your favorite green seasonings such as basil, parsley, and oregano and thats it.
Also Check: Texas Pete Chili Sauce Ingredients
Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce Recipe Tips
- If you’d like to add mushrooms to the sauce, cook about 1 cup of sliced mushrooms with the onion, before adding the garlic and meat.
- When adding the sweetener, adjust to taste. Almost all spaghetti sauce recipes include sugar which helps balance the acidity of the tomatoes. My sweetener of choice for this recipe is liquid monk fruit or allulose because it stirs in easily and is simple to add at the very end. These two sweeteners are very different: start with about ½ teaspoon of liquid monk fruit and about 1 tablespoon of allulose. If you feel that it needs to be a little sweeter, add a bit more to taste.
- For a little spice, use a spicy Italian sausage and/or add crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- While I prefer this low carb spaghetti sauce with a mix of ground beef and ground Italian sausage, you can certainly use all ground beef too. Adjust the seasoning amounts as needed.
- To freeze this keto spaghetti sauce, place portions in freezer-safe bags and store for up to three months.
More Keto Pasta Recipes
- 1Can 28 Ounces Peeled and Diced Tomatoes
- 1Can6 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 1TablespoonFresh Basildried
- 1 1/2TeaspoonKosher Salt
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Once shimmering, add diced onion . Cook until translucent, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes , tomato paste , basil , oregano , salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Bring the heat up to a simmer, and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened to your liking I cooked mine for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm over your favorite low carb noodles and enjoy!
Don’t Miss: Pasta With Ragu Alfredo Sauce
Are There Carbs In Tomato Sauce
The amount of carbs in tomato sauce varies based on the brand. Because many companies add sugar to their tomato sauce, it’s always best to use canned tomatoes so that you can control what ingredients you use.
This low carb Italian meat sauce recipe only has approximately 4 net carbs per serving! The carbs come from natural sugar found in the tomatoes, not from added sugar.
Tips To Make The Best Low Carb Spaghetti
- Feel free to change up the protein in the spaghetti sauce. Chopped chicken breast, ground turkey, and lean sausage can all be used. Alternatively, omit the meat completely.
- Do not overcook your keto spaghetti. Unlike wheat based spaghetti, its best enjoyed al dente, and should not require more than 12 minutes to be boiled.
- For a tomato-free spaghetti, stir through alfredo sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce.
You May Like: Raos Pasta Sauce Costco
How To Make Keto Bolognese Sauce
How Is It Made
People have found many creative ways to cook this fruit. Some of the most common ways to prepare it include baking, broiling, roasting, or even microwaving it. After you cook it, you can take a fork and separate the strands of spaghetti squash.
So, now you have plain spaghetti, and how you enhance it from here on- is entirely up to you. One popular way to do that is by baking or topping it with spinach and cheese, such as parmesan. Although, you are free to add your sauces, toppings, meats, or other vegetables to customize it to taste.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Pasta Sauce Stains Out
Carbone Pasta Sauce Variety Pack
- MADE BY MICHELIN CHEFS: Carbone Arrabbiata Sauce is cooked up by Michelin-starred chefs Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi, of the famous Carbone Restaurant in New York, Hong Kong, and Las Vegas.
- SMALL BATCH COOKING: Our sauces are made in small batches using the same time and care one would in a Carbone kitchen.
- PREMIUM PASTA SAUCE: Ingredients are Italian-grown tomatoes picked at peak ripeness, fresh whole onions, garlic, and basil.
- LOW CARB FRIENDLY: Unlike other jarred and canned spaghetti sauces that are filled with sugar, ours has zero added sugar and only 5 net carbs per serving, which makes it a diet-friendly sauce to top pasta, pizza, meats, casseroles, and more.
- TRY ALL VARIETIES: Carbone Sauces are available in multiple flavors.
Quick Low Carb Keto Spaghetti Sauce
This quick Keto spaghetti sauce comes together in about 25 minutes and has just 3g net carbs per serving. Its a low carb spaghetti sauce that you will make again and again.
Today Im going to show you how to make a quick Keto spaghetti sauce, but first, I want to share some potentially troubling news out of Sweden.
Im afraid that ABBA has gotten back together.
The infamous disco group has reunited to write new music and go on tour. The members of the group are in their 70s now, so they have opted to perform as their digital selves. They created computer generated avatars of themselves that look like they did at the height of their fame. According to singer Bjorn Ulvaeus, We thought we looked good that year.
So the world might be done with ABBA, but ABBA isnt done with us yet.
Anyway, lets return to that low carb pasta sauce I mentioned earlier.
This quick Keto pasta sauce is super easy to make and only has 3g net carbs per serving. Traditional spaghetti sauces are simmered for several hours, but you really only need ten minutes to make a very passable sauce. You just soften some onions and garlic in a sauce pan, then add crushed tomatoes and seasonings and simmer for ten minutes. Ten minutes works out to about three new ABBA songs.
Mamma mia, here I go again!
- Yield:3 ½ cups1x
Dont Miss: Where To Buy Raos Sauce
Recommended Reading: Is Rao’s Sauce Keto Friendly
Best Keto Marinara Sauces
Trying to find the best keto marinara sauces that will give you the Italian taste but not the carbs? Look no further! We are sharing our favorite pick for keto friendly marinara sauces!
When cooking a delicious low carb Italian meal that contains a tomato marinara, lets face it. The sauce matters.