Faq’s For This Recipe
- Why do you use a wire whisk for this barbecue sauce? The ingredients in this sauce will stain a silicone whisk. I’ve forgotten this 3 separate times while making this so I now have 3 discolored whisks.
- Does cooking whiskey remove the alcohol? Most of the alcohol will evaporate during the cooking process, but not all of it will. If you’re making this for kids, I’d suggest skipping the liquor entirely and using equal parts water in it’s place.
- Can I add whiskey to my store-bought bottle of bbq sauce? I mean, yeah I guess. But this recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make, will keep in your fridge for a bit and doesn’t have preservatives you can’t pronounce.
Herb And Spicy Tortilla Coated Chicken Strips Served With A Dressed
Is jack daniels sauce gluten free. Fast and super easy to prepare, your whole family will love. Calories per serving of tgi fridays jack daniels sauce. As these products are perishable, all food sales are final.
Jack daniels® bbq sauces . Summer is almost underway which, for us, means one thing: Now available in the classic format in a stylish glass bottle in the flavors original, sweet & spicy and honey.
Choose from bbq sauce, hot sauce, grumpy’s extra hot sauce, sweet chilli or creamy jack daniels sauce grumpy’s fried chicken strips 5.50. See more freezer friendly sauce recipes . Kettle cooked & bottled with jack daniels tennessee whiskey
Adds a burst of spicy sweetness to ribs, pork chops, pulled pork, or any pork entrée that perfectly complements all of the jack daniels barbecue products. Lea & perrins hp steak sauce and steak sauce in traditional, garlic peppercorn, sweet n spicy and new sweet n spicy flavors Kettle cooked & bottled with jack daniels tennessee whiskey.
Complex taste with layered notes of pineapple, tamarind and a light peppery finish. No high fructose corn syrup A sweet, smoky barbecue sauce with the kick of jalapeno peppers.
Jack daniels® and steak are a great combination. Jack daniels is a whiskey, and most of it is made out of corn and maize. Chicken rub 326g your taste buds will sing with the delight from the spicy flavor of jack daniels® chicken rub.
Hot Historic Lynchburg Bbq Saucenashvillesouvenirscom Bbq Sauce Bbq Lynchburg
Jack Daniels Classic Bbq Sauce
Laura Romeo – Weber Grill Expert
- 1 tablespoonextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- cupJack Daniels Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey
- ¼ cupapple juice
- 2 tablespoonsapple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon treacle
- 1 tablespoonmild American mustard
- 2 teaspoonsTabasco®, or to taste
- Prepare the Kettle for direct cooking over medium heat or use medium heat on a stove top.
- Place a small Weber Casserole Dish over direct medium heat. Add the oil and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are just starting to colour. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring as necessary, until the sauce is starting to thicken and has reduced by half.Place a small Weber Casserole Dish over medium heat. Add the oil and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are just starting to colour. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring as necessary, until the sauce is starting to thicken and has reduced by half.
- If desired, once the sauce has cooled, process in a blender until smooth.
Read Also: Rao Sauces
Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce The Ingredients:
- Beef broth: made with beef base
- Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the butter.
- Simmer the barbecue sauce on low for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter. Doing this will silk the sauce and create a luscious finish.
- Let the sauce cool for 10 minutes before using.
- Make this barbecue sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. The sauce is much better if made the day before. Rewarm to room temperature and use.
- Storing leftovers: store sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
This Inspiration For This Sauce
The Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue is considered by many to be the most prestigious competition in the world. It is held in the holler just behind the distillerys home, Lynchburg, Tennessee. A few years back they added a sauce competition, but all sauces had to have Jack Daniels in them. Inventive chefs cooked up some mighty nice sauces, and many of them have found their way into bottles.
Aged corn whiskeys have a wonderful sweet vanilla flavor that is great in BBQ sauces, but it is easily lost among the bold flavors of the alcohol and the other ingredients of a barbecue sauce. To showcase the whiskey flavors, my sauce does not have many ingredients, but it still is very complex. The secret is that we begin by gathering the essence of Bourbon by reducing a cup to a few tablespoons of magical elixir, and in the process, ridding it of the overbearing alcohol.
I named my sauce after the holler in which I got the inspiration, right next to the Jack Daniels distillery.
You May Like: What To Order At Rao’s
Instructions For This Recipe
- First, start by combining all of the ingredients except for the cornstarch and water together in a saucepan over medium high heat. Use a wire whisk to combine.
- Second, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl to form a slurry. Add to the saucepan and whisk in well. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Finally, remove from the heat and transfer to a mason jar or other heat proof container.
Jack Daniels Sauce Variations:
There are quite a few ways you can doctor up this Jack Daniels sauce recipe.
- Add more cayenne pepper: If you want the sauce to be spicier, add ¼ to ½ teaspoon more.
- Add sugar: You may decide that you’d like the sauce to be sweeter. Stir in a couple tablespoons of granulated sugar until it’s as sweet as you like.
- Add liquid smoke: This will give the sauce a flame-grilled taste. Be careful though, a little goes a long way!
Read Also: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
How To Make Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce
- Step 1 Making this BBQ sauce is simple! It requires quite a few ingredients, but its worth gathering them for the amazing flavor that is the result.
- Step 2 Chop the onion, shallot and gloves of garlic, finely.
- Step 3 Add a large spoonful of olive oil to a medium pan. Heat the onion and shallot in the olive oil on medium heat. Add the salt.
- Step 4 Continue to heat for 4 minutes until they begin to caramelize and to sweat the onion and shallot.
- Step 5 Add the garlic to pan. Continue heating another 1-2 minutes. Lower heat .
- Step 6 Add the paprika, turmeric, ginger, pepper and chili pepper to the pan. Continue heating another 2 minutes.
- Step 7 Add the soy sauce and stir for another 1-2 minutes until the soy sauce evaporates.
- Step 8 Add sugar. Keep heating until it caramelizes.
- Step 9 Once it has caramelized, add the vinegar. Keep heating another 2-3 minutes .
- Step 10 Add the Worcestershire sauce. Keep heating another 2 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture.
- Step 11 Increase heat to medium heat.
- Step 12 Add the Jack Daniels. When it boils , flambe the sauce with a lighter or a match. Stir the sauce.
- Step 13 Add ketchup. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
Whiskey Bbq Sauce Ingredients
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
We have a close friend who loves hosting barbecues on his terrace. When he hosts, he always goes to the local butcher down the street to buy delicious beef and a variety of sausages. He also always asks Hugo to make his famous whiskey BBQ sauce! Hugo has been making this sauce for about two years and in that time word has gotten out : IT IS GOOD! Your friends are sure to love it too.
Don’t Miss: Texas Pete Wing Recipe
Jack Daniels Bbq Sauce
Make and share this Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelycarter_
|1/2 cup whiskey, Jack Daniels|
|2 cups ketchup|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion, garlic and whiskey. Simmer over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in food processor or blender.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 day to blend flavours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.4, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 2490.4, Carbohydrate 74.1, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 64.6, Protein 3.7
More About Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce Recipes
HOMEMADE JACK DANIEL’S BBQ SAUCE – ART AND THE KITCHEN
- In a large sauce pan combine 1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent .
JACK DANIEL’S BARBECUE RIB GLAZE RECIPE
JACK DANIEL’S BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
JACK DANIELS BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE | WHAT’S COOKIN …
FromEstimated Reading Time
EPICURUS.COM RECIPES | DUCK WITH JACK DANIELS BARBECUE SAUCE
10 BEST JACK DANIELS BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST JACK DANIELS BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
JACK DANIELS SAUCE RECIPE – SAUCE FANATIC
- Refrigerate Allow the sauce to cool for about 1 hour then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- Freeze Allow the sauce to cool for about 2 hours then transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
PINEAPPLE WILLY’S JACK DANIEL’S BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE …
- Saute’ until onion and garlic are translucent, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and light mixture flame for 20 seconds.
JACK DANIELS CHIPOTLE BARBECUE SAUCE | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
FromReviewsTotal TimeEstimated Reading Time
COUNTRY STYLE RIBS WITH JACK DANIELS BARBECUE SAUCE
JACK DANIEL’S BARBECUE SAUCE | BBQ & AMP GRILLING WITH DERRICK …
FromCategoryCuisineTotal TimeFromServingsTotal TimeCategoryFromFrom
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Garlic Butter Sauce
How To Store Jack Daniels Sauce:
Refrigerate – Allow the sauce to cool for about 1 hour then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Freeze – Allow the sauce to cool for about 2 hours then transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this sauce and want to try more like it, these are great:
Where To Use This Sauce
This sauce is awesome on ribs. When I make ribs I slather them with sauce for the last 30-45 minutes at 225F. I like to have a couple different sauces on hand for the final stretch. Half the racks get the JD BBQ sauce and the other half get my own BBQ sauce recipe. The Jack Daniels sauce has just the right sweet, with heat while my BBQ sauce is a bit more traditional with an acidic background. Use it with Brads rib rub recipe.
The sauce definitely has a lower viscosity compared to may store bought sauces. I find this works best when applied to the meat in its final cooking stage. Let the sauce stick on to the meat and make for a messy finish.
Don’t Miss: Raos Keto
Every Day We Make It Well Make It The Best We Can
We follow the traditions of Mr. Jack Daniel whose motto was Every Day We Make It, Well Make It The Best We Can. Every bottle of Jack Daniels Original BBQ sauce is made with a touch of Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey that imparts a special flavor. These sauces are made using the finest ingredients and Old Time kettle cooking methods.
Honey Whiskey Bbq Sauce
Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce is a homemade sweet heat barbecue sauce made perfect for pork, chicken or on top a burger.
Update: This recipe was originally posted in January 2016. The recipe and photographs have been improved and the new version posted in June 2021.
After bourbon, honey whiskey is my favorite alcohol. Although, I’m not sure that counts since they’re pretty similar… Anyway, being as it’s summer and we grill a lot around these parts, I was in the mood to make up some bbq sauce that worked for all kinds of dishes.
Enter the honey whiskey barbecue sauce.
Don’t Miss: Texas Pete Pepper Sauce Recipe
The Best Aged Kentucky Bourbons And Tennessee Whiskeys Are The Cognacs Of The Country And Their Flavors Really Amp Up Barbecue Sauce
Bourbon is named for Bourbon County, Kentucky, and, although law requires Bourbon to be 51% corn, the best are 75% or more corn, with the balance wheat, rye, or barley. Although they are not called Bourbon, Tennessee whiskeys such as Jack Daniels are made pretty much the same way as Bourbon and are comparable in taste.
The fermentation is induced by the introduction of sour mash, some of the fermenting mash from previous batches, a process similar to the way sourdough bread is made. The mash ferments and is distilled to 80% alcohol , which is aged in oak barrels for two years or more. Most are aged four years, and the best are aged eight years or more. They are blended with water and bottled from 80 to 90 proof.
In recent years Bourbon has grown in popularity, in part because some producers have begun bottling single barrels, aging for longer periods, and using fancy bottles.
If You Love Making Your Own Barbecue Sauce But Are Never Sure Which One To Use Try This Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbecue Sauce For Beef Pork Chicken And Shrimp It Covers All The Bases
I can not remember a year when I havent made all of my holiday gifts for friends . Although I try to make something new each year there are repeats by request. New for this year though is this Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbecue Sauce and I expect it will be coveted too.
In years past Ive made this Limoncello and its always popular and often requestedmy friends even make sure to get bottles back to me in hope of refills.
Though not a food item I have legions of fans who love this Wood Butter for cutting boards and wooden utensils as much as I do. Can t buy a new cutting board? Refresh it! Ive got a couple of new favorites Ill be sharing this weekand this sauce has been deemed good enough to be first!
I have no doubt this barbecue sauce is going to create the same sensation. A bit of whiskey, some heat too its been great on everything Ive tried chicken, beef, pork and shrimpits even good straight from the spoon .
It was SO bitter cold last week that I just quickly seared some rib-eye on the grill, sliced it and then finished it inside on the stove it was perfect, seriously.
One of my other favorite uses is adding a couple of spoonfuls to baked beans. I never just heat up a plain can of bean, preferring to saute an onion and add a bit extra seasoning to make them more special this sauce has been my latest addition and its a good one too.
The ingredient list may seem long but the items are typically pantry staples you might already have including:
Don’t Miss: Raos At Costco
Receive Healthy Real Food International Recipes & Paris Tips To Satisfy Your Wanderlust For Free 2 Times Per Week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!
Hi new friend! Thank you for signing up to receive our healthy, wholesome recipes with a French flair! You are searching for real food recipes and we have you covered! Food is our passion and we are so happy to share that passion with you. We want to know you better and to share a bit of our Parisian life with you, so we will start this fun food journey together by sending you some of our favorite photos in 5 different Parisian neighborhoods. You will receive 1 email per day for 5 days starting tomorrow. We truly appreciate you inviting us into your inbox. A demain ! XOXO, Alix + Hugo
What Is Honey Whiskey Bbq Sauce
This BBQ sauce is a homemade sauce that’s the perfect balance of sweet and heat. The sweet comes from the brown sugar, honey and the honey whiskey and the heat comes from Sriracha and cayenne pepper. It’s the perfect blend of both and pairs so well on just about anything – from pulled pork to chicken or even on top of a burger!
Read Also: What Is Rao Sauce
Make Your Own Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce
This quick and easy barbecue sauce can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes for a great option for that last minute sauce when you need it for a party.
Mince up your onion and garlic. The best way to do this quickly is to use a mini food processor. This will get you tiny minced pieces without having to spend forever doing it.
Toss all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir for about 8-10 minutes to cook it down to the consistency you are looking for.