Rotisserie Chicken Vs Chicken Breasts
As I said, I like to use a rotisserie chicken for this just because it’s easier, but you can also poach medium-large chicken breasts and then shred that. There wont be much difference in finished taste. Most of the flavor comes from the sauce, anyway! The chicken just adds a little protein to the dish and gives it some extra body.
More Delicious Instant Pot Dinner Recipes:
- Skip the box and make Instant Pot Hamburger Stroganoff!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti is another family favorite recipe. Spaghetti with a homemade meat sauce prepares in your pressure cooker.
- Tender, juicy French Dip sandwiches are so easy when you use this Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches recipe!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
Variations Forchicken Alfredo Casserole:
There are lots of different ways that you can change this recipe to make it your own and make it one of your family favorite recipes too! You can add chicken and make blackened chickened alfredo recipe .
First, the easiest way to alter this recipe is to change the noodles that are used in this casserole recipe. You can use fettuccine noodles to make a delicious fettuccine Alfredo meal for your family. Also, you can use gluten free noodles as well if you have a gluten intolerance.
In addition, you can make your own Alfredo sauce with heavy whipping cream or cream cheese if you prefer this over the pre-made jarred sauce. Also, you can use marina sauce as well to make a different meal with this recipe. Either would taste amazing in this simple recipe.
As mentioned before, you can also mix in your favorite vegetables to add a nice green variety to this meal.
I hope you try this recipe soon and please leave us a comment letting us know what you think!
You May Like: Stonewall Kitchen Bourbon Molasses Barbecue Sauce
How To Make Chicken Alfredo In A Crock Pot
Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
Pour all the other ingredients on top. It is that easy to make this recipe!
Let the slow cooker do all the work and come home to the best dinner.
We like to shred the chicken before serving. Stir the sauce before serving and serve over fettuccine noodles.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
You Can Freeze Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
It is very simple to freeze this recipe. Just put all of the ingredients in your labeled freezer bag and place in the freezer.
No need to cook anything. This is another way to get dinner on the table fast during busy weeknights.
When you are ready to enjoy this freezer meal, simply place into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken and serve over fettuccine noodles.
Read Also: Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Make Sure You Have A Good Crock Pot To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Recipe
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker which is so convenient.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and its great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo With Jar Sauce Quick & Easy
byPauline8th January 2021, 1:18 pm
If you have used an Instant Pot before, you know how simple it makes meal-making. Any pressure cooker will be able to reproduce the same meals using similar recipes, so keep that in mind. You dont have to have an Instant Pot to pull off Instant Pot recipes like chicken alfredo Instant Pot with jar sauce.
The warm comfort of alfredo chicken is made super simple with this recipe, and we just love how quickly the meal can be put together. Its a meal that could take well over an hour to make, if you were roasting the chicken and cooking up the noodles in a pot on the stove. Making the alfredo sauce from scratch is a process in itself too, and thats all fine if you have lots of time on your hands.
Most of us dont have much time these days, though. On the average weeknight, we may have an hour to prepare and eat supper before housework, phone calls, and other responsibilities are required of us. There just isnt usually time for an elaborate dinner, so something like this that can be made in an Instant Pot is a boon. It takes the stress out of dinner time and gives you more time for what you really want to do. Plus, it tastes amazing and is so simple to make that it is difficult to mess up.
With our recipe for Instant Pot chicken fettucine alfredo jar sauce, your dinner will be done in a flash and taste amazing- no fuss, no stress, and no hassle.
You May Like: Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Chili Sauce
Heres What Youll Need
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs best flavor, most juicy, most forgiving.
- 22 oz jar Alfredo Sauce Prego has a good taste in this recipe.
- 2 Tbs butter butter substitute works well, but you need the fat to help keep the pasta from foaming up.
- 4 oz cream cheese oodles of flavor and creaminess.
- 1 cup milk creaminess plus liquid that helps the noodles to cook.
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 oz of bite size pasta of your choice
What Should I Serve With Chicken Alfredo
This dish is so filling, which makes it the perfect quick dinner. But I love serving it with a simple salad, some garlic bread, or even a side of veggies if I didnt add them into the pasta.
My favorite salad to eat with pasta is this copycat Olive Garden Salad with the Italian Dressing. I either go for the homemade garlic bread or the foccacia. Both are delicious, I just need those carbs! Such a perfect dinner!
Easy Pasta Recipes
This recipe is just perfect for Mondays. The easier the better if you ask me! And if you like this One Pot Chicken Alfredo Skillet, be sure to check out our Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet or our One Pot Pasta Caprese! Super similar, but with a different flavor profile. Both are two of my favorite recipes on the site! Cant go wrong with a one pot recipe.
See the recipe card for details on how to make this One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe. Enjoy!
I LOVE alfredo, so be sure to try my other alfredo favorites:
You May Like: Classico Florentine Spinach & Cheese Pasta Sauce
Amp Up Your Jarred Alfredo Sauce
If you own an Instant Pot , you can make this chicken Alfredo tonight. Youll cook the chicken for a few minutes on sauté, add a jar of Alfredo sauce and some water, toss in the halved fettuccini noodles, then bring the whole thing up to pressure.
To amp up the flavor of the jarred Alfredo sauce, youll add a healthy dose of garlic to the chicken while it cooks, then a handful of grated Parmesan cheese and some chopped fresh parsley at the end just before serving.
Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
This one pot chicken alfredo is truly the EASIEST. Its made with penne and your favorite jar sauce, all in one skillet, so its a totally stress free dinner.
Of course you can make your own alfredo sauce if you prefer. I love the cream cheese alfredo from my pasta primavera recipe, or you can try this simple recipe.
I love how this easy chicken alfredo cooks up in the skillet and is just ready to eat. Almost magic! I wish I had known recipes like this existed back in the day when I literally thought boiling water was too difficult. This would have been a game changer! You can pretend to be a gourmet chef all the while barely lifting a finger. This one is a winner, folks!
Read Also: How To Make Louisiana Hot Sauce
How Do You Cook Frozen Chicken Alfredo
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
This family favorite recipe is quick and easy in the Instant Pot. Everyone will love Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo and it will be ready in 30 minutes with only one pan dirty! Tender chicken breasts and fettuccine noodles that cook right in the Alfredo sauce for an easy dinner.
We love Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups, dont you?!! Well how about Chicken Alfredo made in your Instant Pot! Can I get a heck yes? Its as easy as my Instant Pot Spaghetti and just as wonderful. Literally 30 minutes or less and its done. You wont regret trying out this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo for dinner tonight!
You all have been loving the Instant Pot recipes lately and I need to get on making more of them! These French Dip sandwiches that I made in my Instant Pot are the latest hit.
This pressure cooker Chicken Alfredo does require you to brown the chicken breasts before you throw the rest of the ingredients in, but you still do it right in the Instant Pot so you arent making any extra dirty dishes. After that just throw the rest of the ingredients in and let it do its thing.
Also Check: Garlic Dipping Sauce For Pizza
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Bake
Now lets get to the main event. Heres how to make Chicken Alfredo Bake:
- Cook pasta. Begin by cooking your pasta just until al dente according to package directions. Al dente means the pasta will still have a little bite.
- Make Alfredo Sauce. While your pasta is cooking, make the easy, creamy, cheesy, flavorful from-scratch Alfredo Sauce that takes just minutes to come together. To make Alfredo Sauce, cook flour and garlic, stir in half and half, chicken broth, seasonings and simmer until thickened. Finally, stir in Parmesan until melted and try not to slurp the whole thing.
- Assemble. Stir in cooked chicken and pasta until evenly coated.
- Pasta Layer 1. Now the fun part! Pour half of the pasta into prepared 9×13 baking dish and spread in an even layer.
- Filling. Layer pasta evenly with provolone cheese followed by an even layer of sour cream.
- Pasta Layer 2: Pour remaining pasta over sour cream and spread into an even layer and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake: Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and inside provolone is melted.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve while its warm and cozy!
Chicken Alfredo With Premade Sauce
It might contain other ingredients such as. Add 12 to 1 cup of diced cooked ham along with steamed fresh or frozen peas. Get Allrecipes Magazine this link. Serve the sauce with chicken and long pasta to make fettuccine alfredo.
An American Housewife Improving A Jar Of Alfredo Sauce Pasta Alfredo With Shrimp Or Chicken Options
Recommended Reading: Good Pizza Sauce To Buy
What Is The Best Tasting Store
There are many store-bought Alfredo sauces of good quality and excellent flavors at the store. But theres no guarantee that all of them will suit your needs. They all vary in price, taste and have different ingredients, so it can be hard to pick the right one especially if there are so many options to chose from.
For you to find what you really like, you will have to choose it out for yourself because everyone has their own tastes, but that doesnt mean that we cant give you some pointers and recommendations.
Pressure Cooker Vs Instant Pot
Another popular question about pressure cookers is the comparison of it to a slow cooker. Why do I need a pressure cooker if I already have a slow cooker?
The main difference is that you let your slow cooker cook all day. The pressure cooker requires minimal cooking time and gets similar results as the slow cooker in my opinion.
When thinking about purchasing a pressure cooker you have to ask if you would rather put your meal in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day or middle of the day and let it cook or if youd rather come home and throw the recipe in a pressure cooker and let it cook for approximately thirty minutes.
Thats really the big difference.
Some people like coming home to the meal mostly done cooking and ready to go. I was like this when I was working outside the house. I just would rather take the time in the morning to mix it up and then come home to the meal almost done because my kids are always starving the minute we walk in the door.
Other people dont want to take the time in the morning or they are at home during the day and dont want to smell the food all day so they prefer the pressure cooker method of cooking.
Don’t Miss: Bulldog Vegetable And Fruit Sauce
How Do You Make Frozen Alfredo Taste Better
To the jar add at least 3 additions to the store bought sauce to give it a fresher taste. I like to add 1 tablespoon real butter, 1/3 cup cream, 2 t fresh, minced garlic, 1/4 c fresh grated Parmesan, 1/2 c steamed fresh broccoli, a sprinkle of garlic salt, fresh black pepper, and a little bit of fresh or dried basil.
My Tips For This Recipe
- Stir the pasta, water, and evaporated milk frequently while it’s cooking on the stove top. This will prevent the milk from scalding and burning to the bottom of the pan.
- This recipe is super adaptable. Feel free to add seasonings like dried basil, Italian Seasoning, etc. I make the recipe as is but it can easily be customized.
- When the boiling cook time is up it will seem very liquidy, but that’s ok! Just follow the recipe as is and it will thicken up as you add in the peas, chicken, and cheese. Plus, as it sits off the stove top it does thicken up as well.
- For best results, shred your own parmesan cheese from a wedge. The next best thing would be to buy pre-shredded parmesan cheese. The powder cheese will work also.
Don’t Miss: Is Teriyaki Sauce Keto Friendly
Can I Make Chicken Alfredo Bake In Advance
Yes! You can make and assemble the Chicken Alfredo Bake a day in advance and refrigerate or make the sauce ahead and/or pasta ahead of time. Heres a breakdown of your options:
1. Assemble and refrigerate:
- Take care that your noodles are cooked al dente and are rinsed in cold water so they dont keep cooking.
- Take care the Alfredo Sauce isnt too thick as it will thicken more sitting in the refrigerator.
- Assemble Chicken Alfredo Bake according to directions up until baking.
- Tightly cover with foil and refrigerate.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake according to directions or until completely warmed through.
2. Make Alfredo sauce in advance:
- Youcan make the Alfredo sauce up to 3 days in advance.
- Refrigerateit in an airtight container.
- Gentlyheat in a large skillet before using, adding additional milk as needed to thinto desired consistency.
3. Make pasta in advance:
- You cancook the pasta al dente up to 5 days ahead of time.
- Rinse pastawith cool water.
- Toss with adrizzle of oil to prevent it from sticking together.
- Transfer toan airtight container or freezer bag and squeeze out excess air.
- Store inthe refrigerator until ready to use.
Gia Russa Sauce Alfredo
The Gia Russa Alfredo sauce is recommended by a Reddit user who considers it the best Alfredo sauce, although it can be expensive.
The manufacturer lists the usual ingredients for Alfredo sauce, such as butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Romano cheese, pepper, egg yolk, and cornstarch, but also a special ingredient, namely heavy whipping cream.
The sauce is therefore thicker than other Alfredo sauces.
Recommended Reading: Hot Sauce Pos Credit Card Processing
How To Freeze Uncooked Chicken Alfredo Bake
For best results, I recommend freezing unbaked ChickenAlfredo Bake because the pasta only bakes ones instead of twice which meansmore al dente pasta.
- Take care to cook pasta al dente.
- Assemble Chicken Alfredo Bake according to recipe directions in a freezer safe dish.
- Wrap casserole dish all the way with 2 layers of plastic wrap.
- Cover the plastic wrap with one layer of aluminum foil.
- Label Chicken Alfredo Bake.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Primal Kitchen No Dairy Alfredo Sauce
The Primal Kitchen Alfredo Sauce is a no-dairy, gluten-free Alfredo sauce made from clean, vegan ingredients, using cashew butter for the creamy taste and texture.
It is free from any soy, gluten, and canola oil, and it contains no added sugars or artificial ingredients. Also, no genetically modified products are used in producing the sauce.
The sauce has a hint of lemon and a thinner texture than the dairy Alfredo sauce. However, it is a real chance for people who are on dairy-free diets to enjoy Alfredo-based dishes.
Chefs Pencil is reader-supported. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, though this not impact the product selection, which is done independently by our editors and contributors.
You May Like: Cholula Hot Sauce Chili Garlic