Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
*Dont let the long list of ingredients scare you away from making this recipe. I have divided out the ingredients in sections, so it may appear that there is a long, expansive list.
In reality, this recipe requires just 9 ingredients, minus the salt and pepper. So keep reading, and be sure to save the recipe when you need a good and easy comfort food meal.
- Penne pasta, cooked to al dente
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
Cook the penne pasta to al dente as you cook the chicken and make the homemade Alfredo sauce.
The first step in making Easy Chicken Alfredo is to prepare the chicken. Do this by slicing the chicken breasts into thin strips.
If you prefer, you can dice the chicken into 1 inch chunks. The goal here is to have the chicken in manageable pieces and to decrease the cooking time required.
Once the chicken is sliced or diced, season all sides with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Set the chicken aside while you heat up the skillet.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced chicken breasts to the hot pan.
Cook the chicken in the skillet, flipping the pieces 2-3 times until the chicken pieces are fully cooked. Depending on the size of your slices, it should take approximately 6-8 minutes. Once fully cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
How Do You Jazz Up Store Bought Alfredo Sauce
Here are some ways you can thin out Alfredo sauce:
How To Serve Alfredo Sauce
My husband and I like fettuccini Alfredo. Since I have a gluten sensitivity, I get fettuccini pasta thats gluten-free.
You can serve this however you like, but Ive found this to be the best way to serve this easy recipe.
After cooking the pasta and putting it on the plate or in the bowl, I scoop some pasta sauce over it. Then I top it with parmesan or a blend of parmesan and Romano.
Its always good to enjoy any pasta dish with a side salad or steamed vegetable. My husband also enjoys a slice of crusty Italian bread with butter.
You May Like: Hot Sauce Bottle Label Template
Easy Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Pasta:
Easy Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Casserole is one of our favorite crock pot meals to make. It is easy to make with simple ingredients. We love to make this recipe when we have leftover chicken.
This recipe is crazy simple to make but is packed with flavor. This slow cooker chicken alfredo recipe with jar sauce is my go to for a busy weeknight. It is also perfect for a lazy weekend or if we are having guests over.
All my recipes have simple ingredients that I bet you either already have in your pantry. Add a side salad and some garlic bread and your meal is complete. This recipe is the perfect comfort food recipe.
Alternative Ways To Make Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo
What we love most about this Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo with jar sauce is the number of ways to you make this easy pressure cooker recipe. While we used a few simple ingredients, there are so many alternative ingredients to add. Here are just a few of our family loved favorites:
- Red bell peppers
You May Like: Raos Sauce Costco
Don’t Miss: How To Make Spaghetti Sauce With Tomato Paste
How To Make This Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo Penne
How Do You Make Alfredo Sauce From Scratch
Recommended Reading: Sauce On The Side Franchise
Add This Delicious Garlic Shrimp Alfredo To Your Menu Plan
Your family will absolutely love this meal. I just know it will be a hit and something tasty to add to your normal menu plan rotation.
We save so much money by meal prepping and making sure we have a plan in place. I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget. It is so nice to eat out when you want to and not when you forgot to take something out of the freezer.
Simple dinners like this are always a hit and it is a great way to get everyone gathered around the dinner table. We make the best memories when we share about our day.
The flavor is wonderful and the Alfredo sauce is better than anything you could buy. I love that you can use any kind of pasta.
It is a great meal! Give Shrimp alfredo tasty and delicious a try.
Brands Of Alfredo Sauce In A Jar
Next time you go to the grocery store, peruse the Italian sauce aisle. It seems that this aisle grows a little bit every time I go to the store.
As you look over the selection, youll see some national brands, such as Bertolli Alfredo sauce, Raos homemade Alfredo sauce, Classico Alfredo sauce, Ragu Alfredo sauce, and generic store brands of Alfredo sauce.
Ive found that these are all Alfredo sauces of good quality. However, my favorites are Classico and Raos. But you might like one of the others more.
Like anything else, its all a matter of personal taste.
Based on my experience, theyre all delicious, even though they all taste different. I recommend trying all of them one at a time, of course.
Many of the brands offer a choice between creamy white sauce and tomato sauce based Italian sauce.
You can also find more specific flavors, such as the creamy basil Alfredo from Bertolli.
My personal favorite is typically the one thats on sale because I know that Ill be making it my own sauce after adding a bunch of delicious ingredients.
Recommended Reading: Barilla Vero Gusto Pasta Sauce
Ingredients Needed For Chicken Alfredo With Broccoli
The great thing about this dish is it only requires very few ingredients.
Chicken: You could certainly cut the time down by using a rotisserie chicken if so desired. I also like to cook extra chicken and freeze it for faster dinner prep. Chicken tenders only take a few minutes to cook in the skillet, so they are always my go-to chicken for this recipe.
Oil just a little will do.
Salt and Pepper simple seasonings are the best.
Fettuccine Noodles Use your favorite brand for this recipe. Or, if you like, make your noodles from scratch.
Broccoli frozen or fresh- This is a great way to use fresh broccoli from the garden. I also keep frozen broccoli on hand.
Fettuccine Sauce: There are some fantastic tasting jarred sauces today. They are fast and convenient for use in this recipe. At times I make my own, but the jarred sauces are good choices too. If time allows, make your own from scratch.
Minced Garlic more flavor.
Ingredients To Make This Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
- Pasta Maikai Organic Penne Pasta is my first pick for this easy Alfredo recipe.
- Broccoli Grab fresh broccoli florets or crowns and chop them up. In a pinch you can use frozen as well.
- Avocado oil You dont need much. You can swap it out for the cooking oil of your choice if you wish.
- Chicken thighs Look for boneless and skinless chicken thighs for easy prep. Boneless skinless chicken breasts work as well.
- Italian seasoning Make your own or pick up your favorite store bought blend.
- Alfredo sauce Find this at your local Foodland in the pasta aisle.
- Mozzarella cheese Shredded.
- Salt and pepper
Recommended Reading: How To Make Mac And Cheese Sauce
Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe With Penne Pasta
If you are craving a good comfort meal or are looking for a delicious recipe to feed the family, then you will love this Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe.
Not only is it a delicious homemade meal, it is easy to make. It is one of those meals that looks so impressive when served, that everyone will think that you spent hours in the kitchen.
But best of all, there is no need for a store-bought jar of Alfredo sauce. This recipe includes how to make a quick and easy homemade Alfredo sauce that requires just 6 ingredients.
The delicious sauce is then tossed with cooked chicken slices and penne pasta for a complete dinner that will satisfy the entire family.
Chicken Alfredo served with penne pasta for a delicious comfort food meal that the entire family will love.
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo With Fettuccine
Also delicious with sliced grilled chicken!
Provided by RAGÚ®
|1 tablespoon I Cant Believe Its Not Butter!® Spread|
|1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips|
|1 jar Ragu® Classic Alfredo Sauce|
|1 package frozen broccoli florets, thawed|
|1 package fettuccine, cooked|
- Melt Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, in batches if necessary, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Stir Sauce and broccoli into same skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over hot fettuccine and sprinkle, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.8 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 95.7 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 32.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 513.4 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
Also Check: How To Make Spam Musubi Sauce
What To Serve With Chicken Alfredo:
I like to keep things simple when I prepare this recipe.
- Steamed Broccoli We love to make steamed broccoli with this recipe. Since Chicken Alfredo is a hearty meal, I like to keep the side light.
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks You definitely need to serve garlic bread with this meal. We love dipping our bread in the alfredo sauce.
- Caesar Salad Complete this meal with a side of Caesar Salad. Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Making Pasta With Alfredo Sauce From A Jar
Using store-bought alfredo sauce allows you to create a tasty dish for your family in half the time. Youll be able to create restaurant-quality food quickly and easily. If youre sick of cooking every night or are looking for a new dish that the kids will love, making a meal from a jar is easy.
If youre trying alfredo jar sauce for the first time, here are some tips and tricks that will help you create the perfect dish.
Special thanks to Sonoma Gourmet for sending over the tasty alfredo sauce used for this recipe guide. I tried both the regular creamy spinach alfredo sauce and the bacon alfredo sauce they are both quite delicious! Check out to see their full line of pasta sauces.
Recommended Reading: Alabama White Bbq Sauce Recipe
You May Like: Recipe For To Zieke Sauce
Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Variations
This is an easy recipe to get creative with. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Use chicken breast meat instead of chicken thighs.
- Use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this easy chicken broccoli Alfredo pasta.
- Change up the pasta shape. You can make chicken and broccoli fettuccine Alfredo, chicken and broccoli ziti Alfredo, and much more.
- Sprinkle the dish with Parmesan cheese and pop it under the broiler for a minute to brown the cheese.
- Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a bit of spice.
- Switch up the veggies! Add sliced red bell pepper, zucchini, matchstick carrots, and more.
- Use frozen broccoli if you cant get fresh.
Can You Heat Up Alfredo Sauce In The Microwave
Yes, alfredo pasta sauce can be reheated in the microwave. Also, use short bursts of heat, stir often and closely monitor the sauce as it reheats in the microwave to prevent it from overheating. Heat alfredo pasta sauce for 30 seconds at a time depending on the amount, stir to allow the heat to evenly distributed.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy The Hot Ones Sauce
How Do You Make Classico Alfredo Sauce Taste Better
To the jar add at least 3 additions to the store bought sauce to give it a fresher taste. I like to add 1 tablespoon real butter, 1/3 cup cream, 2 t fresh, minced garlic, 1/4 c fresh grated Parmesan, 1/2 c steamed fresh broccoli, a sprinkle of garlic salt, fresh black pepper, and a little bit of fresh or dried basil.
Faq About Alfredo Sauce
How to store alfredo sauce?
Store alfredo sauce in sealed containers in the fridge for up to 5 days. To extend the shelf life of this delicious sauce, freeze it!
Can alfredo sauce be frozen?
To freeze alfredo sauce, transfer to an airtight container or doubled up resealable freezer bags. Freeze for up to 4 months. When you are ready to use it, allow it to thaw completely and reheat on the stove top or in the microwave. Either way, whisk vigorously until warmed through and creamy.
Is alfredo sauce gluten free?
Alfredo sauce is typically made with butter, milk or cream and cheese. Some varieties of this sauce are thickened using flour, so be sure to check labels for ingredients containing wheat.
Is alfredo sauce cheese?
Although alfredo sauce is cheese-based, it is not technically cheese. It is a creamy white sauce containing butter, milk or heavy cream and one or two varieties of cheese.
Why is my alfredo sauce grainy?
Alfredo sauce becomes grainy when Parmesan added to it is not good quality and/or it doesnt fully melt. To avoid this issue, use a fresh block of Parmesan cheese and grate or shred it into the sauce. To fix this issue, run the sauce through a blender or food processor.
Don’t Miss: Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
Making Chicken Alfredo At Home
Even though we are using a few pre-made ingredients, you can still make this one pot homemade Chicken Alfredo your claim to fame.
Of course you can make your own Alfredo sauce if you prefer. I love the Cream Cheese Alfredo from my Pasta Primavera recipe, or you can use your familys favorite.
I love how this easy Chicken Alfredo cooks up in the skillet and is just ready to eat. Almost magic! If youre just learning to cook, this recipe can give you the confidence to try even harder dishes in the future.
More About Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe From Jar Sauce
EASY SHRIMP ALFREDO FOR TWO ZONA COOKS
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Also, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cream cheese and butter, stirring until melted. It wont be smooth and creamy yet.
- Stir in the milk, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
EASY SHRIMP ALFREDO FETTUCCINE RECIPE HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP
- Cook fettuccine according to the instructions on box, reserving a cup of pasta water to thicken the sauce, if needed.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook until pink and completely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
SHRIMP ALFREDO RECIPE DONE IN 15 MINUTES | IT IS A KEEPER
FromEstimated Reading Time
EASY SHRIMP ALFREDO THE BEST GARLIC SHRIMP ALFREDO
SIMPLE SHRIMP ALFREDO RECIPE SARAH HALSTEAD
BUSY MOM RECIPES: EASY SHRIMP ALFREDO
FromEstimated Reading Time
SHRIMP ALFREDO QUALITY SOUPS, SAUCES, FOOD & AMP RECIPES
FromEstimated Reading Time
20 RECIPES THAT START WITH A JAR OF ALFREDO SAUCE | TASTE
SHRIMP FETTUCCINE ALFREDO CLASSICO® PASTA SAUCE
20-MINUTE SHRIMP ALFREDO PASTA RECIPE MASHED.COM
FromEstimated Reading Time
7 DISHES TO LOVE MADE FROM ALFREDO SAUCE IN A JAR
SHRIMP ALFREDO PASTA RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE
Read Also: Hot Ones Hot Sauce Package
Tips For The Best Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- Pick a high-quality, flavorful Alfredo sauce . With only 6 ingredients in the casserole, each individual ingredient is very important! A delicious sauce will yield a delicious meal. I like Rao’s brand if you can find it, but any similar variety will work.
- Total cooking time will vary depending on the type of pan that you use and your individual oven. Glass or ceramic baking dishes will take longer than metal pans, for instance. To know when your casserole is done, taste a bite of the pasta. The noodles should be tender and most of the liquid should be absorbed.
- Be careful not to overbake the casserole or the pasta will become mushy.
- Garnish the casserole with fresh herbs like basil or parsley for a bright, fresh touch. A sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese is also delicious!