Toast Pos Best Ipad Alternative
Editor Rating: 3.9/5Price: $69 per month
Most POS systems prioritize running on iPads. Toast, on the other hand, has opted for Android-based software, which can be run on your existing Android tablets or, for the best experience, on Toast’s own hardware, which has been designed from the ground up for the restaurant industry.
- Delivery service features
- Deep menu customization
However, while its interface is easy to understand, it lacks support options and doesn’t have any integrated payment processors. Toast isn’t perfect but if you have existing Android hardware, it might save you some money.
Hot Sauce Restaurant Point Of Sale Software System
- Hot Sauce point of sale terminal hardware and software integration is a perfect solution for any restaurant or bar business owners. The Hot Sauce POS system is capable of restaurant business management as well as credit card processing. HotSauce Technologies bar restaurant software menu will be custom built for our merchants upon approval.
Hotsaucecom Privacy And Security
- HOTSAUCE.COM® uses 2048-bit Highest Assurance Security Verification Services and EV SGC Secure Sockets Layer Certificate technology to ensure the encryption of your credit card information as it travels over the Internet. EV SGC SSL is a superior technology used by many of the largest E-Commerce websites.
Recommended Reading: Roas Sauce
Questions Weve Got Answers
Is it easy to switch to Toast?
We make an effort to understand every detail of your business. From our first conversation with you, we’ll work hand-in-hand to design the right solutions for your restaurant and choose the right onboarding plan to get you up and running on Toast.
Will Toast work for my restaurants size?
Toast’s all-in-one platform is designed to fit restaurants of all sizes. Every setup is customizable, so you can get all the features you need now and add more as you grow.
How can I get help when I need it?
Not many companies are there during the closing shift. Every Toast customer gets access to 24/7/365 award-winning support, online resources, and community that not only help you understand your tech but use it to grow.
Whats included in pricing?
Every Toast bundle comes with customized, transparent pricing. We make payments easy with simple, flat monthly rates, 0%-interest financing, and no hidden fees.
Does Toast work with my other favorite tools?
We sure do. Toast integrates with more than 70 of the most popular restaurant technology tools, including leading online ordering, scheduling, inventory, and reservation platforms.
When Speedline Would Not Be A Good Fit
- Restaurants on a budget: You probably noticed the high-volume theme with our SpeedLine recommendations. If you dont yet have that volume, we suggest checking out iPad POS systems.
- Restaurants that want a cloud POS: If you want to manage reports and menu updates from a smartphone on your sofa, SpeedLine doesnt have that flexibility. Check out our favorite restaurant POS systems for the best options.
- Food trucks: Unless you have a fleet of 10+ trucks, SpeedLine is probably more machine than you need. See our definitive ranking of food truck POS software instead.
Not seeing the right fit? Check out our list of the best overall POS systems for small businesses.
Read Also: Texas Pete Hot Wing Sauce Recipe
Payment Processing & Business Solutions
At Journey Business Solutions, we understand that running a business is a journey, and we are here to support you through every step. Committed to offering exceptional business and payment processing, we are a one-stop shop that works with small businesses across the United States. Backed by many years of experience, we bring you the best products and latest technology at a wholesale rate.
No matter your industry or specific business needs, we will work with you to determine customized solutions that help your business grow and put you on the path to success.
Trained Sales Partners
Toast Restaurant Software Alternatives
Toast is designed to work as an all-in-one software, hardware, and payment system. Thats appealing if Toast gives you a good rate for payment processing, but if you prefer to shop around for the best rates, it might not be a fit. Toast also only runs on Toast-provided tablets, so if you want to use equipment you already own, youre out of luck.
If any of those are deal breakers for you, you have other options:
|Best For: users looking for a low-cost POS
|Best For: users who prefer their own payment processor
|Best For: users who prefer more transparent pricing
|Monthly fee from: $0
|Simple but somewhat dated interface
|Software that continually evolves to meet new business needs
|Many features require a custom quote
|Hybrid setup that provides excellent offline functionality
|Mandatory remote installation fee for Loyalty and Gift Card add-ons increases up-front cost
|Built-in online ordering and delivery tools that allow restaurants to avoid high commission fees
|Must use Toast-designed terminals and tablets and no payment processor flexibility
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Rao’s Pasta Sauce
Payprotec Southeast Payment Processing
- HotSauce Table Service solution helps you deliver exceptional customer service and increase sales by integrating all of the features you need most into one easy, reliable, and powerful system. Our user-friendly interface will ensure order accuracy and reduce training costs, eliminating waste and improving the efficiency of your operations.
Toast: Best For Bars And Coffee Shops
Reasons to avoid
If the name doesnt make you hungry, then the rather brilliant and robust feature set of Toast definitely will. Hungry for success. This platform comes with some really excellent features such as automated alerts and a smart payment system. It brings together some really well-designed features but in an interface that doesnt make you weep with joy.
That part is a bit bland and sometimes performance is a bit slow. That said, this is such a slick solution that youd be hard pressed to find further fault with it. Every part of Toast has been developed carefully and with precision so you will enjoy working with it and enjoy the experience of working with it. Like TouchBistro it is a very good fit for the food and beverage industry.
Toast is relatively easy to navigate with only one or two odd location choices that may leave you scratching your head. Overall, you cant go far wrong if you want a smart and steady solution for your food and beverage POS.
Read our full Toast review.
Recommended Reading: Texas Pete Sauce Recipe
Grocery Team Member Stocker Inventory Floor Service
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
What Merchants Will Love:
Simple, Powerful, and Affordable
Your merchants want the best, but of course, cost is an issue. The HotSauce subscription program allows the merchant to have a sophisticated, yet user friendly POS system all at an affordable monthly price.
All About the Merchant Experience
The POS system is a serious investment. With the HotSauce Program, the merchant no longer has to choose between quality and price. This is the only subscription program on the market were the merchant has a dedicated project manager throughout the entire implementation process.
Continuous Support and Upgrades
Never get dinged with upgrade or support invoices again. The merchants’ monthly subscription price includes all support and future upgrades, so they can operate their business with ease.
You May Like: Kraft Sweet And Sour Sauce Recipes
What Its Likeworking With Us
Journey Business Solutions is innovating the way businesses successfully grow! In addition to providing POS systems, they provide adequate services to assist your business in keeping up with demand and innovating their respective industry! Journey Business Solutions is the way to go!
Truly a magical experience. I easily went through dozens of merchant services and nobody truly listened or even cared enough to give me a solution that matches my business needs. Journey Business Solutions is very professional and I am very impressed with their capabilities. They provided me with a solution that is just right.
Is The Information About Hotsauce4u Customer Service Really Accurate
We collect data from third-party websites, official websites, and other public sources. The data collected are carefully checked by our experts before they are added to the database. However, we cannot give any guarantees for the hundred percent reliability of the data, as every day there are different kinds of changes in companies.
Read Also: Costco Rao’s Marinara
What’s In It For You:
You Just Sell It
HotSauce will take care of the rest, from configuration and set up to ongoing support and upgrades. The NAB-HotSauce partnership has created an easy program for our ISOs to offer a world class POS.
Growing Revenue Streams
With HotSauce, the robust income does not stop with the services you initially board. As merchants continue to add other monthly services, our ISOs will receive those added residuals, regardless of whether the merchant signs up with the ISO or HotSauce.
It’s Your Reputation
HotSauce understands that it is your reputation at stake. From the hands on implementation approach, to the dedicated technical support center, the HotSauce-NAB program was designed to make our ISOs look good.
Pricing And Purchasing Options
POS systems for restaurants typically cost between $49 – $150 per month per terminal, while hardware costs can be as high as $1,000 for tablets, printers, network infrastructure, and cash drawers.
A big determinant of restaurant POS prices are the deployment options restaurant owners choose. The two primary options are:
- Cloud-based POS software: These types of restaurant POS systems are typically charged on a subscription pricing structure, and priced on a per-terminal, per-month basis. Many vendors offer discounts to businesses that pay annually. Ideal for small or medium restaurants.
- On-premise POS software: This is typically priced by the number of licenses and/or terminals required. Most of these systems require a large upfront fee for the right to use the software in perpetuity . This is better suited for restaurant businesses with five or more locations.
Read Also: Rao Spicy Sauce
Shopkeep Pos: Best For Interoperability
Reasons to avoid
ShopKeep is a firm favorite in the POS market because it is so darn easy to use and so ubiquitous. It can be used across multiple operating systems and devices, it fits into most business sizes and capacities, and the pricing set is adaptable to suit most budgets.
ShopKeep has real-time data analytics capabilities, which is great, but it does ask you to pay for value-added extras, many of which come standard with competing products.
The front and back office interfaces and systems are beautifully integrated so you can move effortlessly between the various parts of the platform without getting confused or needing to learn a new interface. It is also easy to customize across inventory, table management and menus.
ShopKeep works well across eCommerce and retail sectors, providing a selection of add-ons that allow you to customize it in the right direction. These do have to be paid for, but some of them are really well-designed and relevant.
Read our full ShopKeep review.
Toast Pos Pricing Plans
- Built-in: Payment processing is supported by Toast Service and Support Team.
- Flat Rate: A single flat rate per transaction makes it easy to track your costs.
- Custom quote: This is based on your card mix and sales volume.
- EMV and PCI compliant: And comes with active fraud monitoring.
- Offline payment: Spool seamlessly in the POS when you lose internet access.
Toast is designed as an all-inclusive POS package. Toast subscribers are locked into Toast Payments as well. Toast Payments offers a single flat rate for processing all types of credit and debit card payments, with custom-quoted rates that depend on your card mix and sales volume. Toast Payments is backed by Toasts customer support team and seamlessly spools offline payments if you lose internet connectivity.
Our experts confirm that Toast Payments processing rates are in line with industry standards. If you switch to Toast from another POS and payment processor, Toast is likely to match your current rates. However, if Toast will be your first restaurant POS, get rate quotes from other payment processors before signing up. Toast will usually try to match a rate if you can back it up with documentation.
Don’t Miss: Rao’s Spicy Marinara Sauce
What Are Restaurant Pos Systems
Restaurant POS systems help restaurant owners enhance the customer experience and streamline business operations relating to sales, cash flow, food inventory, and bookkeeping. Additional features include payment gateway, order management, analytics, and table reservations.
Some restaurant POS systems also provide advanced features, such as food costing and a built-in marketing suite to help restaurant owners with budgeting, as well as creating and executing outreach campaigns. Most restaurant POS systems and software can also be used by other food and beverage businesses, such as cafes, food trucks, and bars.
Square Pos Best Restaurant Pos
Editor Rating: 4.7/5Price: Free
With dedicated solutions for table service, counter service, bars & lounges, coffee shops, bakeries, and food trucks, Square is a common name in the world of quick-service restaurants.
- Per-item sales tracking
- 24/7 support
Menu, inventory, and layout management are included in the basic restaurant software package, though add-ons are also available . The Square brand is well-known and stands for ease of use, plenty of features, and a reasonable support team.
Recommended Reading: Raos Sauce On Sale
Extra Costs To Be Aware Of
There are several additional costs to be aware of before signing up for Zenefits.
- Zenefits Payroll: The Zenefits payroll system costs an additional $6 per employee per month. The program offers direct deposit, multiple pay rates, paystubs, contractor payments, general ledger reporting, and automated tax filing.
- Zenefits Advisory Service: Adding advisory service options gives you a personalized HR advisor and payroll advisor. This is an additional $8 per employee per month.
- Zenefits Benefits Administration: If you want to manage benefits through Zenefits payroll system, you will need to add a Benefits Administration module. If you use one of Zenefits benefits brokers, this is not an additional fee per month however, if you choose to use your own broker for benefits administration, you will pay a $5 fee per employee per month.
Speedline Ease Of Use
- 365 support: Reach a live customer support rep any day of the year, at virtually any hour.
- LiveAssist: Allow SpeedLine technicians to connect to your POS remotely to troubleshoot or fix issues.
- Kitchen ease: Timers on your KDS ensure all the items in an order are hot and ready at the same time.
- Training support: SpeedLine hosts training tutorials and videos on a customer website to train your managers and employees.
- User community: Connect with other SpeedLine users to learn how other restaurants get the most from their POS.
SpeedLines robust customization options are only possible because of the systems complex backend software, so most of the preliminary POS system setup is done by the SpeedLine team. This takes the pressure off during your setup time, but it also means that you need a SpeedLine representative to make some updates. The upside is this removes some administrative tasks from your team, whereas the downside is that updates can take longer.
The information-packed order screens combined with SpeedLines training resources make this POS one of the easiest for the front of house staff to learn. The directed order functions streamline the order process so much that your team doesnt need to know the system deeply to use it. SpeedLine users frequently mention running a busy service with brand-new staff and pulling it off seamlessly.
You May Like: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Substitute
Restaurant Pos System Prices
Typical POS prices start between $69 $99 per month for a single terminal.
However, the restaurant POS industry charges per-month costs that vary depending on the number of terminals and locations, and whether youre only using software or need hardware as well. You’ll also have to consider payment processing some companies, such as Square, have this built-in. But if your provider doesn’t, it’ll have to be an extra cost.
Your hardware costs can quickly rack up if you’re not careful. iPads aren’t cheap, and neither are cash drawers and receipt printers. Some companies will sell you the hardware you need as you go, while others will sell it on a monthly instalment basis.
Given that costs can vary so much, how do you know which POS is right for your restaurant? First, consider how your business relates to the following variables:
- Quick service venue, mid-size business, or large layout?
- Number of POS terminals needed?
- Number of locations?
- Unique features needed?
Next, youll need to reach out to the right POS vendors for a customized quote so you can compare the prices.
Our POS quotes comparison tool will match your business with the perfect provider in less than ten minutes. You’re under no obligation to choose any provider, either.
Things To Avoid When Purchasing A Pos
In Barry Shwartzs TED talk, The Paradox of Choice, he speaks about how we, as consumers in the digital age, assume that more choice makes us freer.
Choice is good, right?
Wrong. Just go down the mustard aisle at the grocery store and feel the power of choice to overwhelm. Whole grain, or dijon? Horseradish or chili-infused? Heinz or Presidents Choice? Whatever happened to just plain ol yellow?
Complicating this matter, Schwartz concludes that more choice doesnt make us freer, nor does decision making become easier. It actually makes us more boxed in, more anxious. Why? Because we become paralyzed by the sheer amount of options. Schwartz says that when we finally overcome this paralysis and look at all our options, this thing called, opportunity cost occurs. This is when you imagine the attractive features of alternatives that you reject. In turn, you become less satisfied with your choice. So even if youve researched the thing to death, youll always be plagued by a nagging anxiety that you could have gotten a better deal or a more robust solution. This is the vicious treadmill on which the modern day restaurateur runs.
The problem is, unlike mustard, your POS choice profoundly affects the way your business runs, so choosing a POS is a delicate task. To make things easier for you when youre on the hunt for the perfect POS, weve compiled a list of not-to-dos, so you can worry less and feel more confident about your POS choice.
Recommended Reading: What To Order At Rao’s