Ingredients For Homemade Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce:
- Ketchup: is the base of this recipe. Keep in mind, you want to use a ketchup that isnt too sweet here otherwise the bbq sauce will end up being extremely sweet with the addition of brown sugar and molasses. There are several brands that have no sugar added, I suggest using something like that
- Brown sugar: adds sweetness to the sauce
- Molasses: add both sweetness and a deep rich flavor to the sauce
- Pineapple juice: adds a unique fruity flavor profile
- Worcestershire sauce: adds an umami flavor to the sauce. Keep in mind that Worcestershire does make this sauce not suitable for my vegan friends. So if thats you, you might want to swap the Worcestershire for one that is vegan friendly
- Apple cider vinegar: adds the tang that you find in bbq sauce
- Seasonings: Theres a few select seasonings I like to use that make the best sauce! Smoked paprika is the most important one of them all. It adds so much depth of flavor. Youll also need dry mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Keep in mind that the cayenne is optional, if you want to make this not spicy, leave the cayenne out!
- Hot sauce: adds a bit of a kick!
- Cornstarch: helps thicken the sauce
How To Make Your Own Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce
This Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce copycat recipe really does taste just like Sweet Baby Rays Original sauce! I did a side-by-side taste test to make sure! This sauce is perfect for grilled chicken, barbecue chicken pizza, ribs, beans, dipping nuggets, pulled pork, salad, and basically whatever you desire.
What Happens If Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Don’t Miss: Capital City Sweet Hot Mambo Sauce
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Copycat Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce
If you are a fan of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, you will love the taste of this made from scratch BBQ sauce!
With the first college football Saturday and Labor Day coming up in the next few days, I thought it might be a good time to post this homemade BBQ sauce.
Since you make it yourself, you can avoid all the sketchy ingredients. This recipe uses basic pantry ingredients, and it comes together in a snap.
It is great on chicken, pork, veggiesthe possibilities are endless.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Garlic Sauce
You Season 3 Binge Recap: Joe Tries To Survive His Unhappily Everyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
Welcome to season 3 of Netflix’s You! I wolf you all for taking this journey with me. If season 1 deconstructed the myth of the perfect guy and season 2 revealed the dark heart of the perfect girl, season 3 now takes us inside the happily ever after carved out by these lovely snarling beasts.
Yahoo Canada Sports
Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
A copycat of the famous Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce. In my experience there is little to no need for the cornstarch slurry, but it’s there as an optional step in case you want your sauce thick. Personally I just use a little of the slurry because the 10-15 minutes simmering time would already reduce the sauce and it would continue to thicken while cooling.
Provided by Addicted2Chis
Yield 2 1/2 cups, 6 serving
Number Of Ingredients 14
|1 cup dark brown sugar
|1/4 cup molasses
|1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke
|2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
|2 teaspoons paprika
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
|1 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients except cornstarch and cold water in a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water then mix well to create a slurry. Add slurry to the sauce to thicken. .
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until desired thickness, is achieved.
Also Check: How To Make Marinara Sauce For Mozzarella Sticks
Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce The Pride Of Chicago Since 1985
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce was first introduced to the nation when a local Chicago resident nicknamed Chef Larry entered his family’s recipe in the Mike Rokyo Rib-Off, the country’s largest rib-centric barbecue competition. The sauce, seasoned and slow-cooked to perfection, was named in honor of Chef Larry’s younger brother. Sweet Baby Ray’s beat out almost 700 other entrants in the competition and a legend was born.
Over 30 years later, Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce is still made with the same ingredients and still made in Chicago. While the company now features 40 different varieties, the original recipe is still their flagship sauce. The original Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce is an enduring backyard and ballpark staple and sold worldwide so everyone can experience the city’s iconic creation.
Copycat Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce Ingredients:
There are quite a few ingredients for our copycat Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce recipe, but they are still pretty simple and easy to find:
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/8 cup cold water
Here are some kitchen supplies I recommend with this recipe:
Also Check: Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Sauce Recipe
Sweet Baby Ray’s Awesome Ten
I LOVE pulled pork… those ten hours in the slow cooker are absolutely heaven as those aromas fill the house with what is to come. It is almost torture, but well worth the wait… Trust me. Did I say ten-hour pulled pork… well, actually it is ten hours plus two days… my bad. This recipe is a labor of love, and started with…
Provided by Andy Anderson !
|2 1/2 c Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
|1/2 c amber beer
|THE SPICE RUB
|4 Tbsp paprika, sweet or hot, up to you
|2 Tbsp chili powder
|2 Tbsp salt, kosher variety
|2 Tbsp ground cumin
|2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
|1 Tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
|1 Tbsp dried oregano
Janet Hix Austin Texas Home Gear Appliances Our Brands
I am bad and lazy at cooking, so i sometimes end up making a dinner of, like, avocado slices thrown on toast with some cheese on top. Use this sweet pineapple juice marinade with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Use this sweet pineapple juice marinade with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. It’s great for grilled veggie. Don’t get caught without barbecue sauce this summer. serve with chicken, turkey or pork. janet hix, austin, texas home gear appliances our brands It’s great for grilled veggie kabobs. This bbq sauce, adapted from skylight inn in ayden, nc, is a little sweet, a little spicy, and plenty smooth, thanks to the addition of melted butter. Find ray’s promotions, coupons, discount promo codes on a no sugar added barbecue sauce that’s actually worth eating. These bbq sauces are quicker than a run to the store. Hustler money blog best bank bonuses and promotions by paul vu last updated:
It’s great for grilled veggie. Get the latest deals and offers. Don& apost get caught without barbecue sauc. Find ray’s promotions, coupons, discount promo codes on a no sugar added barbecue sauce that’s actually worth eating. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Also Check: How To Make Teriyaki Sauce From Scratch
Sweet Baby Ray’s Bbq Sauce Ingredients
I am bad and lazy at cooking, so i sometimes end up making a dinner of, like, avocado slices thrown on toast with some cheese on top. On weekends, i jazz up our favorite bbq sauce with blackberries and blueberries. Find ray’s promotions, coupons, discount promo codes on a no sugar added barbecue sauce that’s actually worth eating. Don’t get caught without barbecue sauce this summer. Use this sweet pineapple juice marinade with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
How To Barbecue Chicken In The Oven
For this BBQ chicken in the oven recipe, you need chicken on the bone, milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper, grapeseed oil, chili powder and Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. Thats it. Just 6 ingredients.
Start by seasoning the chicken pieces all over with salt and pepper. Set these aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Then, in a large bowl, make a milk bath by combining whole milk with Sriracha sauce . Put the chicken into the milk bath and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. You can use any chili sauce that you like. Tabasco would also be a good choice.
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Brush grapeseed oil onto a baking pan and lay the chicken out skin side up. Season the pieces all over with a light dusting of chili powder.
Leave the chicken parts skin side down onto the baking pan. Put the tray of chicken into the oven and roast them for 25 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the oven and lightly brush the chicken with Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. Turn the poultry over and now brush the skin side of the chicken with more barbecue sauce. Put the pieces back in the oven for 10 minutes.
You May Like: Recipes Using Prego Spaghetti Sauce
Sweet Baby Rays Doctored Bbq Sauce
Number Of Ingredients 5
|1 sm btl Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
|1/4 c vinegar
|1 tsp red pepper flakes
|1/4 c brown sugar
- Mix it all up. Original recipe calls for pouring it over chicken parts in a crock pot…and cooking on low for 4-6 hours. This version can be used on any meat that will take a red sauce, although like the original warning above, it will still be a bit sweet…if desired, skip the brown sugar.
I Improved My Copycat Recipe
I’ve been on a quest to copy my favorite BBQ sauce…’Sweet Baby Ray’s’, which I showed you in the blog post for Sweet & Smokey BBQ Sauce…Well, I made that recipe again last night and I think I’ve come even closer to my goal! I think this is as close as I’m going to get! Here is my revised recipe…
|Copycat Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
DIRECTIONS This was so good that I decided to use it as a condiment for some nachos! I made BBQ Nachos with cheddar cheese! This was a delicious snack! All I did was spread some tortilla chips on a microwave safe dish and sprinkle them with a generous amount of my homemade BBQ sauce. Then I sprinkled on a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese. I microwaved it on high for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese! My family was very happy with this quick little snack creation!
Recommended Reading: Alfredo Pasta With Bertolli Sauce
Delicious Bbq Pork Ribs For The Crockpot
There’s no better way to cook BBQ ribs than low and slow. Put these incredible ribs in the slow cooker in the morning and come home from work to a wonderful meal! A great alternative when the weather is just too hot to grill out or have the oven on. Always tender, juicy and delicious! The fastest and easiest dinner recipe ever… so easy and so good.
Homemade Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Homemade Sweet Barbecue Sauce is sweet, savory and delicious! Its like Sweet Baby Rays just minus the high fructose corn syrup. This recipe yields about 3 cups.
Meet my favorite homemade barbecue sauce.
From the very moment my lips tasted Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, I was hooked. I love the consistency and sweet and savory flavor combination. However it was also in the same moment that I read the label and didnt care for the fact it was made with high fructose corn syrup. Which is when I began my mission to make my own sweet barbecue sauce that stands up to this huge name brand. Its sweet, tangy and perfectly seasoned.
We love this recipe so much, that I even put the recipe in my cookbook! And if I had to label it, Id call it Sweet Laurie Loos. What? Too similar??
Read Also: New York Times Barbecue Sauce
There Are More Than 20 Different Sweet Baby Ray’s Flavors And Sauces
The brand has come a long way since that first family recipe that the Raymond brothers entered in the barbecue rib-off. Sweet Baby Ray’s now has two lines of sauces, one for wings and one for barbecue. Many of the newer sauces appear to draw inspiration from all over the world. There’s the Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce, for example, and the Korean Barbecue & Wing Sauce. The brand offers the classics as well, like Nashville Hot Sauce and Honey Barbecue Sauce.
In addition to barbecue sauces, Sweet Baby Ray’s lends its name to a honey mustard and a creamy Buffalo dipping sauce. A teriyaki sauce is also in the lineup. Then there’s Ray’s Secret Sauce made with a horseradish base to go along with the original secret recipe of Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce.
Despite all the options, there’s a clear favorite for the brand: Original. The product description reads, “While we love every member of our family of sauces equally, the sweet, award-winning, taste of SBR Original will always have a special place in our hearts .”
How To Make Just Like Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce:
Read Also: G Hughes Bbq Sauce Walmart
I Like Bbq Sauce With A More Smoky Flavor How Can I Achieve That
The smoked paprika is meant to give this recipe a smoky flavor, and for us, its just the right amount. If you usually prefer a more smoky sauce, you can add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke to the recipe to help boost that smokiness. I would start with 1 teaspoon and build from there based on preference!
Sweet Baby Rays Crockpot Chicken
You know that something is going to taste great when it has been simmering for hours in the slow cooker, and when its crockpot chicken with Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce, you know youre in for a treat!
This is literally a five-minute prep meal. Slow-cooked crockpot barbecue chicken breast with brown sugar and chili flakes that melts in your mouth and will make your family happy.
You can eat the chicken breasts whole, or shred them to make the most delicious pulled chicken ever. So grab a bottle and make this Sweet Baby Rays crockpot chicken your next meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET BABY RAYS CROCKPOT CHICKEN
- 4-6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce
- ¼ c vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
HOW DO YOU MAKE BBQ CHICKEN BREAST IN A CROCKPOT?
- Step 1. In a small bowl, mix barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder until well combined
- Step 2. Place the chicken breasts inside the crockpot and pour the bbq sauce mixture on top
- Step 3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Check for doneness at 4hrs.
VARIATIONS ON THIS CROCKPOT CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE:
You can use tomato sauce with Italian seasoning instead of bbq sauce for an Italian twist or use enchilada sauce to make it Mexican. Condensed Onion soup or Mushroom soup will make it taste great too!
Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce comes in different flavors too, so go ahead and try them all.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CROCKPOT CHICKEN?
Read Also: Low Sodium Spaghetti Sauce Brands