Tips For Making Garlic Sauce
Ok, so I know you panicked when you saw margarine on the list. After all, almost everything you read online says you should stay away from the stuff when baking and cooking!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
It does work, as Papa Johns can attest to.
But if you want an alternative, nothing is the same as full-fat butter.
Not only will it melt beautifully, but it will also impart that flavor we all love into the garlic for something even more irresistible.
If all you have is salted butter, you should be able to make the sauce by omitting the additional salt. Though, its better to use unsalted so you can control how much salt goes in.
Using fresh garlic will absolutely give you a strong flavor and you can substitute.
Typically, teaspoon of garlic powder will be enough to cover one clove. For this recipe, you will need approximately 12 cloves of minced garlic.
If youre using fresh garlic, you can let it steep and then strain it out, or keep it in the sauce for pops of flavor.
Another great option would be to use roasted garlic. It has a slightly less intense flavor and will make the sauce even creamier.
To avoid your butter separating, why not try using clarified butter?
As you gently melt the butter, you will see milk solids rise and float to the top. Carefully remove these with a slotted spoon, leaving behind pure butter.
Order Extra Pepperoncini Peppers And More
Papa John’s has an edge over the competition for one reason: Every pizza comes with pepperoncini on the side. On the Papa John’s website, you can add more of these peppers to your order for 50 cents each. But don’t stop there! You can also add sides of jalapeño peppers and banana peppers for 50 cents each, as well as anchovies for a dollar each.
Butter Stains Yes I Just Went There
How do I remove butter sauce from clothes? Weve all been there. A butter stain. Why it is so hard to get out???? For me, it is a job hazard. I get a lot of butter on my clothes and some stains are more difficult to get out than others. So there is what I do.
Rinse the stain immediately. Try to get out as much as you can before the stain really starts to set.
Pretreat! Spray the stain with a a stain remover. Let is sit and marinate for a little while. Wash in the highest heat possible.
Sometimes it takes more than one wash. To be totally transparent, some wont come out at all. But give it your best try!
Also Check: How To Make Lasagna Sauce
Using A Mixer Or Kneading By Hand:
Put 3/4 cup warm water in a large bowl, add 1 Tbsp of dry yeast and let stand for a few minutes. Add 1/2 Tbsp honey and 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour, then the 3/4 tsp salt and mix until well-combined .The dough should be sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place until doubled in volume.
Can I Use Butter Instead Of Margarine
Yes, you can definitely use butter instead of margarine for this recipe. Butter will give you a rich, delicious flavor.
If you decide to use butter I recommend using clarified butter. This helps prevent the butter from separating. Melt the butter on low in a saucepan. The milk solids will start to rise to the top. Remove the solids with a slotted spoon so that you are left with clear butter. Discard the solids and use only the clear butter for the recipe.
Read Also: How To Make Louisiana Hot Sauce
Papa John’s Permanently Adds Spicy Garlic Dipping Sauce To Its Menu
After a smash-hit test run last year, Papa John’s is bringing back its Spicy Garlic dipping sauce for good this time. Over the weekend, the popular pizza chain announced through its social media channels that the garlicky goodness would once again grace its menus on a permanent basis. As you might expect, Papa John’s fans were ecstatic with the news.
Dozens of others added ecstatic GIF responses and the like. As with any other sauces the chain orders, all you need to do is place and order and ask for one to be added to your order. Pizza plus spice plus garlic…it doesn’t get much better than that, eh?
Its a spicy, garlicky gift from above. Spicy Garlic Sauce is back for good! #PJSPICYGARLICSAUCE
Papa John’s Pizza
At the very least, it’s a much-needed PR win for the pizza chain, who’s been busy battling the negative publicity surrounding founder and former CEO John Schnatter. Forced out as CEO after making racist remarks on a conference call in 2018, Schnatter shortly thereafter held a bizarre interview where he said “a day of reckoning” would come for the company’s directors.
Then the pizza-maker went the length to say he ordered 40 pizzas from the chain in 30 days to assess its quality. According to him, it’s all gone down hill since he’s left. “I’ve had over 40 pizzas in the last 30 days, and it’s not the same pizza. It’s not the same product. It just doesn’t taste as good,” Schnatter said in a 2019 interview.
What To Serve With This Sauce
As mentioned before, this garlic and salted sauce is pure flavor and will taste amazing on anything. But it was created for pizza, and that is where it truly belongs.
Try making a simple pizza dough recipe and have this sauce on the table for those crusts. You could even double the recipe and make a garlic bread pizza.
Brush the sauce all over and sprinkle with cheese for an easy and amazing side.
The great news is that garlic and butter will more or less elevate every dish you make. These might include:
- Easy parmesan pasta made by melting butter and parmesan through the hot spaghetti. Using garlic butter would give you tons of extra flavor.
- Garlic butter baked salmon is made on one tray with roasted potatoes and vegetables and will become a fast favorite.
- Skillet steak made by heating the pan on high heat perfect for that clarified butter option.
- Baked garlic butter chicken is literally baked in a dish full of garlic butter for the most flavorful and juicy chicken dish youll ever try.
- Garlic mashed potatoes will be your new go-to once you try them with this sauce stirred through.
You May Like: How To Make Ramen Sauce
Prep The Sauce While The Dough Is Rising Since It Will Need Time To Cool Down:
1. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 2 Tbsp flour until well mixed.
2. Gradually whisk in 1 1/4 cup milk. Next, add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2-3 cloves minced garlic and 2 Tbsp fresh basil.
3. Mix in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is well blended.
4. Remove from heat. It will thicken more as it stands.
Tips For Great Homemade Pizza
- Use Great Dough: While you can buy some dough from the store, I recommend making this no-knead pizza dough. You just make it the night before and light it rise for 24 hours before using.
- Spread Sauce Evenly: You will read a variety of opinions on sauce, but Im a firm believer in lightly spreading the pizza sauce evenly. A sauce should compliment the pizza, but not be the star. This applies to the onions as well which act as a sauce.
- Use a Pizza Stone: Place the pizza stone in the oven 8 from the broiler element. Turn the oven to 500°F. You want to place the pizza stone in a cold oven, otherwise it could crack. The pizza stone holds heat which allows you to get a golden brown crust on the bottom.
- Broil Pizza: Leave the pizza stone in the oven once it reaches 500°F for at least 30 minutes, but preferably an hour. When you are ready to make the pizza turn the broiler on. Transfer the chicken bacon pizza to the stone, baking for 4-5 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the bottom is golden brown.
You May Like: Bold And Spicy A1 Sauce
Cauliflower Crust Pizza With Kale And Roasted Garlic Sauce
For quite a while Ive been planning a gluten-free pizza, but I worried that the result would turn mushy, fall apart, or simply taste hideous. Although I only bake it once a month, we love crispy, homemade pizza dough with different combinations of whole flours, healthy oils, and yeast. These ones always turn out tasty and with the appropriate texture. Yesterday, I decided to give the cauliflower-crust pizza a try, although I was pretty sure that we would have to dine out or order takeout!
I was never diagnosed with gluten intolerance, but I try to avoid baking with flours containing gluten . I discovered that eating baked products made with processed flours makes me swollen and gives me digestive discomfort.
White flour creates acidity in our body and gives the stomach a very hard time during digestion. Although saliva breaks down some of the starch in the white flour, the enzymes in the stomach cant handle it very well, so it will move over and stick to the intestines. If our diet is low in fiber, it will be even more difficult to make the white flour starch travel easily through the intestines and flush it out, but that is another subject.
Why Should You Try It
- Quick and easy – This is such a quick and simple sauce to make and it is put together in less than 5 minutes.
- Everyday ingredients – There are no fancy ingredients that go in to making this. Just everyday ingredients, many of which you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Adaptable – You can adjust the garlic levels, and the seasoning and there is even options for adding fresh herbs. More on that below.
- Versatile – There is so much that you can do with this. We have listed about 20 ways to use it below, so none of it has to go to waste and you can use it a different way every time.
Also Check: Low Sodium Pasta Sauce Brands
How To Make Garlic White Pizza Sauce Recipe
To make this white pizza sauce recipe you will need to:
What To Serve With This Garlic Sauce
This sauce is great for dipping pizza, breadsticks, or even using it to spread on garlic bread. You could also use it for:
- Steak Drizzle on top of your cooked steak for a punch of flavor.
- Potatoes Try mixing it into mashed potatoes for the best garlic mashed potatoes.
- Pasta Toss with your favorite cooked pasta for an easy meal.
- Vegetables Top roasted vegetables with a little drizzle of this sauce.
- Seafood This sauce is perfect for thing like crab cakes, shrimp and fish.
You May Like: Old Bay Hot Sauce Recipe
How To Make White Sauce For Pizza:
All you need is a saucepan and a whisk. This sauce comes together in just 5 minutes or less so have everything measured out and ready before turning on the stove.
White Pizza With Garlic Sauce And Herbs
- 1 1/8cupswarm water
- 3teaspoonsactive dry yeast
- 3/4cuphalf and half
- 6garlic cloves,minced
- 1/4teaspoonfreshly grated nutmeg
- 1cupfreshly grated provolone cheese
- 1cupfreshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2cupfreshly grated fontina cheese
- 1/4cupfinely grated parmesan cheese,plus extra for sprinkling
- 2balls burrata
- a bunch of fresh herbs for topping: oregano,basil, rosemary, thyme
Also Check: Heinz Hot Taco Sauce Bottle
Which Pizza Toppings Are Best With White Sauce
I would say just about any toppings are delicious over a white sauce pizza, but our favorites include:
- Cheese: shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, parmesan
- Meats: chicken, crispy bacon, ham, pancetta, pepperoni
- Vegetables: artichoke, tomatoes, jalapenos, spinach, roasted garlic, banana peppers, black olives, fresh spinach, mushrooms, roasted bell peppers
How to Store Sauce:
To store, let the sauce cool to room temperature then transfer to a Tupperware or mason jar, cover, and refrigerate up to 5 days. The sauce will thicken more as it cools, but will still be creamy enough to easily spread over pizza dough. If you wish to thicken the sauce, you can rewarm slightly in the microwave just until spreadable.
Pro Tip: A cream sauce is best refrigerated and not frozen or separation may occur.
This is so much better than the white sauce in pizza chains and I hope it becomes a new favorite for you. It reminds me of creamy alfredo pasta!
Health Benefits Of Garlic
Garlic is a perennial that belongs to the liliaceae family. Other members of this family include leeks, chives, spring onions and shallots, and they all have a very strong flavour. Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated plants in the world, and it has many health benefits and it has been used as medicine for a long time.
Garlic is a good source of vitamin B6 and C, as well as manganese and selenium. It is also a good source of minerals, including calcium, phosphorous, potassium, iron and copper.
Many of the health benefits from garlic are thought to come from its active ingredient allicin, which is what gives garlic its distinct taste and smell. Chopping or crushing garlic actually stimulates the production of allicin, however it is thought that cooking actually prevents some of the medical properties. So, that’s why garlic is great in this sauce, because it is crushed but not cooked.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Make Garlic Butter Sauce
This Is The Best Homemade White Pizza Sauce Ever
Dont get me wrong, I love but sometimes change is good, especially if we are talking about pizza sauces. But this creamy pizza sauce is something that you can do when you are trying to do something a little different. Something that will allow you to play around in the kitchen and be creative while still making something amazing!
When I make this garlic white sauce, we often use it for pizza but thats not the only way to use it. We also like using it as a dip for breadstick or pretzels, or as a sauce for cheesy garlic bread. So its yummy and versatile.
Papa Johns Garlic Sauce Is Now Available In Gallon Jugs
Because some people cant get enough of the stuff.
The people who love Papa Johns garlic sauce REALLY love Papa Johns garlic sauce.
I LOVE Papa John’s garlic sauce!! I think I could practically drink the stuff! wrote Genius Kitchen contributor @Manda, who posted a DIY recipe for PAPA JOHN’S GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE that other contributors to the recipe-sharing site have rated an average of 4.5 stars.
So, you know, even those of us whove never even considered dipping a perfectly good as-is pizza crust in a combo of buttery-oily-salty-garlickyness can see that devotion to the sauce is clearly a thing and that some people would apparently drink the stuff by the gallon if given half a chance.
Well, now those people have the chance.
Papa Johns has just announced that it is making its iconic garlic sauce available for purchase in XL jugs starting this Friday, May 11.
This is not a drill. Papa Johns garlic sauce lovers now have the opportunity to incorporate their beloved garlic sauce into every meal. So whether youre dipping a slice of Papa Johns pepperoni za or whatever else you like to douse in a golden bath of deliciousness , Papa Johns has got you covered, a spokesperson for the brand told FN Dish via email.
The limited-edition gallon-jugs of garlic sauce will sell for $20 and will be available, for a limited time, in select cities and online, the pizza chain says.
Also Check: Best Food Mill For Making Tomato Sauce
How To Make Pizza With White Sauce
Once your pizza sauce is ready, here are the next steps you will need to take:
What Butter To Use
This sauce is one of those times when the quality of butter is important. This garlic sauce is such a simple recipe, that choosing quality ingredients is very important and not all butters are created equal.
While it is fine to just throw a stick of butter in the pan, consider using cultured or European butter for a tangy, robust flavor. You can also use clarified butter, butter with milk solids and water removed.
Wondering why yours is slightly off from Papa Johns or Domino? Probably because they use margarine instead of real butter. This is, in part, why their sauces dont solidify like a real butter sauce will.
Some companies even supplement their butter sauces with vegetable oil or olive oil. To me, that is just greasy, so I stick with the basics.
You May Like: Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce