How To Mince Garlic
There are several ways to mince raw garlic. The most common way to mince garlic is to chop it with a knife repeatedly until you have very fine pieces. Hand chopping is convenient and all you need is a knife. But if youre looking for a really nice garlicky flavor, a microplane will do a better job.
A microplane will create wonderful bits of garlic that look almost pureed. Smaller bits of garlic will infuse more evenly into the butter. That means more garlic flavor.
If you dont have a microplane but still want the incredible flavor that it can provide, then you can use a garlic press or a mortar and pestle. Technically a garlic press or mortar will crush garlic rather than mince it. But the result will be the same: more garlic flavor.
Making Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Homemade Garlic Butter Sauce
Easy Garlic Butter Sauce is made with just a few ingredients and couldnt be simpler to whip up. Its the perfect way to amp up your favorite recipes like steak, chicken, fish, shrimp or a massive pile of vegetables.
Ive told you before but Ill tell you again.Im a lover of butter. I just think that butter makes everything better.like bacon.but better than bacon. I know there are some of you who agree with me but how handy is it to reach in the fridge and pull out a stick of butter to plop on top of a pile of broccoli. Bacon cant do that.
Bacon is a little fussy, whereas, butter is so not in any way. Its like my best girlfriend.always available when you need her, understanding of your needs and can make any situation infinitely better.
Ive been known to overdo it with the butter but really.can you overdo it with butter? I think not and thats why Im sharing my favorite EASY sauce recipe with you today.starring BUTTER. This Easy Garlic Butter Sauce recipe is totally magical in that it comes together in just a few minutes with ingredients you already have lurking in your kitchen.
Also Check: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
How To Make Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce For Seafood
Carefully remove your lobster from the pot using tongs and place on a plate in between your lemon garnish.Cook the seafood in some butter, olive oil, salt and pepper, and a bit of garlic.Cover and bring to a.Drizzle it over seared scallops, shrimp, or steak!
Garlic butter seafood boil sauce.How to make garlic butter sauce.How to make garlic cream sauce seafood fettuccine in four simple steps:If youre using a small skillet, mix the butter sauce and the seafood in two batches.
In a large pot, combine the water, vinegar, lemon slices, garlic, old bay seasoning, peppercorns, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne, and the bay leaves.In a medium size sauce pan, melt butter on medium high heat.It is one of those handy sauces that will turn a boring dish into something special.Make the delicious garlicky buttery spicy creamy sauce.
Melt one stick of butter and olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.Melt the butter and the garlic salt in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until completely melted.Melt the stick of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.Now you have a rich cajun butter dipping sauce for your favorite meat, seafood or veggies.
Our garlic butter sauce is not just for seafood!Per serving % daily value.Pour that delicious garlic butter sauce all over, and/or reserve some sauce on the side to dip the seafood in .Put it on chicken, veggies, and more.
Garlic Butter Sauce For Pasta
My recipe for the Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta was first published on Life Tastes Good where I am a contributor.
Garlic is the star in this quick and easy Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta! Toss this sauce with your favorite pasta and enjoy simply with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley or pair with grilled chicken or seafood for a flavorful side perfect for weeknights.
This Garlic Butter Sauce is a dream for garlic lovers with EIGHT cloves of minced garlic. Dont love garlic as much as I do? Play around with the amount to fit your palate.
Don’t Miss: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
A Classic Broken Butter Sauce
At its core this garlic butter sauce is made by gently cooking butter until it breaks and then flavoring it. It can taste as bold or as subtle as you want it to you only need to vary the amount of garlic used. Below we also list minor flavor twists to the basic recipe to add heat or make it more enjoyable with seafood.
The preparation method for a melted butter and garlic sauce is central to a category known as broken butter sauces. These are aptly called so because the perfect emulsion that raw butter is becomes transformed into a separated mixture of milk fat, water and proteins, which is not clarified. Brown butter is another similar sauce but is cooked a bit longer.
Why Use Unsalted Butter
I use unsalted butter in cooking and baking almost exclusively mainly because it allows me to control the amount of salt I add to the food. Different butters have different salt levels, so by using unsalted butter it gives me the control over how much salt is added to my dish. By seasoning the food and tasting as I go, I can add just the right amount of salt for our tastes.
You May Like: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
How To Use Garlic Butter For Garlic Bread
- Heat the garlic butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Split a large 12 1/2-ounce loaf of crusty Italian or French bread in half and place it on a baking sheet, cut-side up. Place the bread under the broiler on high until it is toasted and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Generously brush the bread with the garlic butter mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- If desired, sprinkle with a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Return the bread to the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove, cut into wedges, and enjoy.
Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon
Pat 4 skin-on salmon fillets dry with a paper towel, then season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet until shimmering. Add the salmon skin-side up and and sear until golden-brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip the salmon. Add 1 stick unsalted butter and 4 cloves minced garlic and continue to cook, occasionally using a spoon to baste the salmon with the butter, until the salmon is just cooked through cooked, about 4 minutes more. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves and drizzle with 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. Serve with lemon wedges.
You May Like: Costco Rao Sauce
Questions To May Have
How to store?
I like to make a big batch of Garlic Butter Sauce to keep on hand any time I need it. I fill a flexible ice cube tray and just pop out what I need.
You can melt it in the microwave or on the stove.
How do you make garlic butter from scratch?
Making garlic butter from scratch is easier than you may think. In 3 easy steps, you will have the best homemade garlic butter sauce!
What can I do with garlic butter?
You can put it on just about everything, but if you are looking for some inspiration, below you will find some of my favorites:
- Buttering bread
How do you thicken a butter sauce?
If your sauce becomes too thin you can add cornstarch in to thicken it up.
Pro tip: A little bit can go a long way, so I recommend starting with 1 teaspoon and adding from there.
Can I buy garlic butter?
Yes, there are brands out there that sell a garlic butter, but there is nothing better than homemade.
Tips For Making The Garlic Butter Sauce
This garlic butter sauce pasta is so simple, you barely have to think about making it. There are only a few things to note when youre whipping up this homemade sauce:
- Use olive oil and butter. This sauce uses a combination of butter with olive oil: this makes for a nuanced, interesting flavor. Olive oil is also the healthiest cooking fat.
- Mince the garlic using this easy tutorial! The best way to do it is just with a chefs knife: follow the video to find the quickest way around this knife skill.
- Remove the garlic from the heat just before it browns! Garlic can go from golden to burned quickly. Keep your eye on it and dont move from the stove until youve safely removed it from the heat: this should be just 2 to 3 minutes.
Also Check: Raos Sauce Costco
Collect Ingredients For The Seafood Boil:
Collect all of the items you need before you get started. It makes cooking so much easier! Here is what you will need:
- Seafood: crab legs, shrimp, and any other seafood you like.
- Sausage: feel free to omit this ingredient if you are not a fan. Beef sausage was used for this recipe. Some of my audience have used chicken sausage, and even meatless sausage as a substitute.
- Potatoes: red potatoes are best because they hold-up and do not get so mushy. Regular potatoes can be used if that’s what you have. Just cut the boil/cooking time a bit because they will get mushy.
- Corn on the cob- frozen works just fine. Fresh corn on the cob can be used as well. Although you do not have to, you can cut it in half for more servings.
- Optional additions: boiled eggs- don’t knock-it until you try it! Some people have sent me pictures of broccoli, and other veggies that they have added. I love it, get creative and make what you like!
Cook The Pasta To Al Denteand Dont Forget To Save The Water
There are two keys to the pasta in this recipe. First of all: make sure its al dente. Al dente means to the bite in Italian: its pasta thats cooked until its perfectly tender but with a firm center. Overcooked pasta is not only rubbery and unappetizing: it actually has less nutrients and makes you less full! Then, youll need to make sure to pull out some pasta water before you drain the pot.
- Check before the package instructions indicate. Most pasta packages have timing that results in overcooked pasta. Start tasting the pasta a few minutes before the package indicates.
- Taste often! You want to catch it right when theres a small white fleck at the core, or just when it disappears. Pasta can go from al dente to overcooked in a matter of seconds.
- Save the pasta water for making the sauce. It can be hard to remember, but make sure to save out about ½ cup of starchy pasta water for making the garlic butter sauce! It helps to thicken the sauce and make it glossy.
Read Also: Rao’s Marinara Costco
Can I Freeze Garlic Butter Sauce
You can also freeze this garlic and butter sauce by placing it in the freezer for up to a few months. Note, that the texture of the butter sauce will become somewhat grainy once it has been frozen. Therefore, it is best to serve this sauce immediately rather than making it and placing it in the freezer for a later date.
Garlic Butter Sauce With Steak
This Garlic Butter Sauce with Steak has been sponsored by Plugrá® Butter. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This mouthwatering 5-ingredient Garlic Butter Sauce takes just minutes to whip together and tastes amazing with all your dinner favorites, including shrimp, chicken, veggies, and, of course, steak!
Also Check: World’s Strongest Hot Sauce
Why Do I Need To Use Unsalted Butter
Unsalted butter is best for making compound butter because you can control the seasonings and everything that goes in it. If you seasoned the steak with plenty of salt, and also use salted butter, the end result might well be a dish that is too salty. Unsalted butter is better becase you can always add salt and seasonings, whereas with salted butter the canvas you have to work with is very tight.
Herby Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Melt 1 stick unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 pound cremini mushrooms and season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook undisturbed until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip the mushrooms and cook undisturbed until browned on the second side and tender, about 5 minutes more. Add 4 cloves minced garlic, 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Get the recipe: Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Rao’s Sauce
Butter Chicken Sauce Variations:
Here are some ways to modify the sauce.
- Use vegetable broth or water in place of chicken broth.
- Use almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk in place of heavy cream.
- Serve it with tofu instead of chicken.
- Add some vegetables to the mix! Potatoes, carrots, and broccoli are all great in addition to chicken and tofu.
- Add a 1 teaspoon of cumin if you like the flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of fenugreek powder if you have access to it.
Makes 3 To 4 Small Portions
This garlic butter sauce pasta recipe is for half pound of pasta. Depending on you and your family, this makes 3 to 4 modest sized main dishservings. But if youve got big eaters, youll want to increase the amount of pasta, add some mix ins, or make sure to have a few filling side dishes to go with it. Youll especially want to add ingredients with protein and fiber to make it part of a filling meal.
You can also serve this as a pasta side dish! Its versatile and pairs with many types of main dishes.
Also Check: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
Storing Butter Garlic Sauce
You can store this butter garlic sauce by placing it in an airtight container and storing it in the fridge for up to a week. When youre ready to use, simply reheat the butter sauce on the stovetop for a few minutes until its melted and serve warm. You can also reheat this sauce in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
What Is In Garlic Butter Sauce
This is one of those handy sauces that will turn a boring dish into something special. Im willing to bet that you have all the ingredients right there in your pantry and refrigerator. It is the easiest from-scratch recipe you can make.
- Butter. You can use salted or unsalted butter. You may want a pinch more salt if you use unsalted butter.
- Fresh garlic cloves. The finer you mince the fresh garlic, the better it will infuse garlic flavor into the butter.
- Garlic powder. Garlic powder adds an extra layer of garlic flavor and thickens the sauce up a bit.
- Salt. A little salt enhances the flavors.
- Pepper. Pepper adds a bit of zip and compliments the garlic.
Don’t Miss: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
How To Make Garlic Butter Sauce: Step
- They key to preparing this sauce is to cook it over low heat and in a non-stick pan. Precut the butter and bring it to room temperature before you begin. Adding pieces as opposed to a whole stick will ensure it melts evenly.
- Always start with just a couple of tablespoons of butter and gently cook the minced garlic in it, just until it softens and becomes fragrant. Then add the rest of the pieces.
- Once all the butter starts to melt, stir in the garlic powder. When it has liquefied, turn off the heat, season with salt and fold in the finely chopped parsley. The sauce is ready to serve!
TIP: A thick garlic butter sauce will result if you simply allow the mixture to cool down a bit. It will become perfect for dipping bread or pizza crust!
How Do You Make Garlic Butter From Scratch
Homemade Garlic Butter is so easy to make with simple ingredients.
- First, get a medium size bowl. Put all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Next, mix it all together using a hand mixer. This will help to get everything well combined.
- Once you have your bread, steak or vegetables on a baking sheet, spread your garlic bread over the top. It will melt perfectly in the oven.
- It makes the best garlic butter sauce. I like to put the buttery sauce in a small bowl and use as a dipping sauce.
Also Check: What Alfredo Sauce Is Keto Friendly