How To Make The Cheese Sauce:
- Put everything in a sauce pan and heat on low/medium. Stir constantly with a whisk until thick and creamy. DO NOT BOIL. It will burn your cheese sauce.
- Add more milk if the sauce is too thick, more cheese if it is too thin.
- Serve hot over veggies or as a dip.
This is great on broccoli that’s straight out of the Foodi Ninja. Plus, it’s $40.00 off right now. I am bummed that I didn’t get that deal, but if you are thinking about getting one of these amazing appliances, now is the time.
It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, air-frying, sauteing, dehydrator, baking, broiling, steaming miracle machine.
OMG, this gadget has changed the way I look at veggies. Just set on “crisp” for ten minutes and your vegetables take on new life.
How To Store Cheese Sauce
If you have leftover cheese sauce, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container. To keep it for longer, you can freeze it for up to 2 weeks.
To avoid lumps after freezing your sauce, reheat it slowly, stirring continuously until the sauce is heated through and completely smooth.
What Goes With Keto Cheese Sauce
There are so, so, so many amazing ways to use this keto cheese sauce and dip! Here are a few low carb ideas for cheese sauce to get the creative juices flowing.
- Use your cheese dip with Air Fryer Jicama Fries
You could also serve your cheese sauce with your favorite keto pasta alternative for keto mac and cheese.
Read Also: Garlic Dipping Sauce For Pizza
Other Low Carb Recipes To Try
Once you discover how simple it is to make your own low-carb sauces, you may want to try a few more. Here are some of my favorite recipes:
- Homemade Low Carb Ketchup tastes amazing on burgers or as a dip for your keto-friendly onion rings.
- Dill Mustard Sauce tastes perfect as a dip for vegetables or on a lettuce wrap.
- Keto Barbecue Sauce is the best thing ever with some chicken wings.
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce is another fantastic topping for steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
- Keto Worcestershire Sauce is low in sodium and only takes 5 minutes to whip together.
FOLLOW ME ON , , AND FOR MORE EASY KETO RECIPES.
How To Reheat Cheese Sauce
You can reheat your cheese sauce in the microwave or on the stove.
If you chose to reheat in the microwave, then add a little bit of cream to it first. Heat in 30-60 second intervals, stirring in between until you have reached the desired temperature.
If you reheat the sauce of the stove, add a little bit of fresh cream. Heat on low, and stir constantly, so it doesnt burn. Make sure not to boil the sauce, otherwise, it can get chunky instead of keeping the smooth consistency you want.
Don’t Miss: Taco Bell Avocado Ranch Sauce
How To Make Cheese Sauce:
Homemade cheese sauce is so simple and starts with just a few ingredients: heavy cream, cream cheese, cheddar, Gruyere, and mustard powder.
I like the flavor that Gruyere cheese adds to this cheese sauce, but you can definitely sub in whatever cheese you prefer! Monterey jack is mild and creamy, Parmesan will give it a salty kick, and Pepperjack will add a little spice.
First, youll want to heat your cream over medium heat. We dont want to boil the cream, but just get it good and hot and then stir in the cream cheese. Sprinkle in some mustard powder and stir until everything is combined.
Turn the heat off and add your freshly grated cheddar and Gruyere.
Start stirring until the mixture is fully melted, smooth, and creamy!
This sauce will start to thicken as it cools, so serve warm.
To reheat, just add a splash more of cream and microwave in short bursts, stirring as needed.
I cant wait to hear what you plan to put this easy homemade cheese sauce on! Ive been meaning to pour it over a bunless burger doesnt that sound so good and so decadent?
More cheesy low carb recipes:
Stuffed Peppers: Loaded with spinach artichoke dip!
Fathead Pizza: Top it off with your favorite toppings. We do a BLT version that is outrageous.
Broccoli Casserole: Could literally eat this every night.
Low Carb Soup: Made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas: I make them extra cheesy and serve over cauliflower rice!
Is This Cheese Sauce Low Carb
One of the many benefits of this easy cheese sauce is that its totally keto-friendly.
Cheese sauce usually starts by making a roux with flour and butter, then has some milk and cheese added. But my low carb cheese sauce doesnt contain any flour whatsoever, and you would never even know that you were missing flour.
And we also dont use milk, cause as you know milk is higher in carbs. So instead I use heavy cream, which has fewer carbs than regular milk and acceptable on a Keto diet.
For ¼ cup of keto cheese sauce, its only 1.7 NET CARBS.
Recommended Reading: Can I Have Cocktail Sauce On Keto
Cheese Sauce For Broccoli And Cauliflower
The basic white sauce that your mother probably taught you, with cheese thrown in for yumminess. Definitely helps to convinces kids to eat their vegetables!
Provided by Samantha Webb
|1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat whisk flour into butter until smooth. Pour milk into butter mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 43.1 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 245.3 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
Easy Keto Cheese Sauce
Why not add this delicious keto cheese sauce to your steamed veggies for an easy keto side dish? This quick recipe for keto cheese sauce can be made in one pan, in about 10 minutes. With just a few ingredients, you can make a delicious low-carb cheese sauce that perfect for dipping veggies, making keto nachos, cauliflower mac and cheese, and more!
Also Check: Ragu Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion Sauce
Making Cheese Sauce Thicker Without Almond Flour
Almond flour is not needed to thicken this cheese sauce. I dont really like to use almond flour as a thickener in any of my soups either. It doesnt dissolve as regular flour does. So if you wanted to use an actual thickener for sauces or creamy soups then I would use a very small amount of Xanthan Gum instead.
Always start with only ½ tsp at a time as Xanthan Gum thickens very quickly and you dont need much. This is a trick we use when making our Low Carb Gravy and it works perfectly.
Broccoli With Keto Cheese Sauce
Sharing is caring!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase using my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
This broccoli with keto cheese sauce will bring a spark of color and flavor to any meal. It will bring a smile of approval from your entire family!
Broccoli is an excellent low carb option for a keto diet. There are only 3 grams of carbs in ½ cup of broccoli. Broccoli also provides you with vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, folate, iron, and potassium. It is a low-fat food that can be enjoyed raw or cooked.
I think broccoli is awesome simply steamed. I like to salt it and top it with a pat of butter! But sometimes its fun to dress it up a little. This keto cheese sauce is quick and easy to make. You can have it ready in less than 10 minutes. Thats a good thing because after you make it once, youll get many future requests for it!
Don’t Miss: The New Primal Buffalo Sauce
Easy Keto Cheese Sauce Gluten
This rich and creamy keto cheese sauce is simple to make and so satisfying! I like to serve it over steamed veggies, or use it to make a rich cauliflower mac and cheese casserole!
Its perfect with broccoli as a keto side dish, or served as a dip for keto tortilla chips. You can even spice it up with your favorite hot sauce to make easy keto queso!
What Is Keto Cheese Sauce
What is keto cheese sauce? Its basically just a thick creamy cheese sauce, that is made with absolutely no flour or thickening agents, which makes it perfect for a keto diet. Its great for dipping or pouring over other foods.
This easy keto cheddar cheese sauce recipe is flavorful and is so cheesy that you will want to put it on everything. Cheese sauce is the perfect way to get your kids to eat their veggies and you will love it too!
Don’t Miss: Terrapin Ridge Farms Tropical Tequila Sauce
Ingredients For Making This Keto Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter. If you use salted, omit the salt initially and then taste and add as needed.
- Salt: Adjust the amount of salt to your taste.
- Dry Mustard: If you dont have dry mustard on hand, use a tablespoon of Dijon mustard instead.
- Cayenne Pepper: This adds a subtle heat that is not overpowering. If you have children that will protest, feel free to omit it.
- Heavy Cream: If you would like to reduce the calories, you could use half unsweetened almond milk.
- Cheddar: I recommend using sharp cheddar for the fullest flavor. You can buy shredded cheese, but I prefer to grate my own. Not only does it keep any unnecessary additives out of my diet, but it tastes better.
- Cream Cheese: To keep this keto-friendly, make sure that you use full-fat.
Keto Cheese Sauce Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the creamiest, dreamiest cheese sauce around:
- Salt and black pepper
- Lightly steamed vegetables
I chose to serve the keto cheese sauce with steamed broccoli, but just about any other veggie will work too. If you aren’t following a low carb plan, this cheese sauce would be amazing on potatoes. Cooked radishes or jicama fries would be a terrific keto alternative.
I usually use cheddar in cheese sauce, but feel free to think outside the box. Pepper jack cheese or jalapeno cheddar would be my top picks for cheese sauce with some kick. Try other cheeses, and I bet you’ll find some family favorites.
The equipment needed for keto cheese sauce is minimal. You’ll need a small saucepan and a whisk. You’ll also want to have equipment for preparing the veggies you’ll be serving with the sauce.
Don’t Miss: Blues Hog Bbq Sauce Ace Hardware
Keto Cheese Sauce Recipe
This easy keto cheese sauce has only 3 low carb ingredients and is the perfect cheesy accompaniment to broccoli, cauliflower or in a ketogenic mac and cheese.
You can easily go beyond the 3 ingredients, here are some ideas for ingredients you could add:
- Any Grated Cheese You Like
- Crushed Garlic or Garlic Powder
How To Make Keto Broccoli Casserole
This recipe is as simple as making the cheese sauce on the stove, adding the chopped broccoli to a small casserole dish, pouring the cheese sauce on top, and baking until bubbly and golden!
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this tasty casserole:
Step1: Preheat your oven to 350F .
Step 2: Cut the broccoli into florets, grate the cheese, and mince the garlic.
Step 3: Add the butter, cream cheese, and cream to a pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally until everything has melted together.
Step 4: Turn down the heat and add the grated cheeses, garlic, mustard, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir well until the cheese has melted completely and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 5: Add the broccoli florets to a square casserole dish and spread them around evenly.
Step 6: Pour the melted cheese sauce over the broccoli florets and stir to combine, ensuring all of the broccoli florets are well-coated.
Step 7: Sprinkle a handful of grated mozzarella cheese on top.
Step 8: Bake for 30 minutes at 350F until the top is bubbly and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Your delicious broccoli and cheese casserole is ready to enjoy.
This is one dish thats sure to be a crowd-pleaser. No one will ever guess that its low in carbs and so easy to make!
Recommended Reading: How Do You Make Mcdonald’s Big Mac Sauce
Low Carb Uses For Cheese Sauce
There are plenty of low carb friendly ways to enjoy this cheese sauce. Here are some ideas:
- Over broccoli
- As a lasagna cheese sauce
- As a mac and cheese sauce
- With green beans
- As a sauce for meat, chicken or pork
Ive suggested a quarter to a half a cup of each ingredient because it depends on how youll be enjoying the sauce.
As a sauce for vegetables Id go for a quarter of a cup of sour cream and cheese and a half a cup of grated cheese. For a dish like a low carb mac and cheese Id go for double the amount.
What Kind Of Cheese Is Best For Keto Cheese Sauce
Whats the best kind of cheese to use for homemade low carb cheese sauce? You really can use a lot of different kinds of cheese, but it might depend on what youre using the sauce for:
- Cheddar this is perfect if you are looking for a Keto cheese sauce for broccoli, cauliflower, roasted Brussel sprouts, hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzel bites, dipping for different kinds of breads, the list goes on and on.
- Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack good for Nachos, tacos, pretty much any type of Mexican dish.
- Mix of Parmesan and Cheddar also great for veggies
- Swiss Cheese perfect for pouring over Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Nacho Cheese great for nachos and adds a little kick!
Also Check: Hell’s Kitchen Hot Sauce Collection
Best Tips For Easy Keto Cheese Sauce
Here are a few easy tips which will make your cheese sauce come out perfect every time!
- The cheese sauce is best served right away while still hot.
- You can adjust the thickness of your cheese sauce. If its too thick, add more cream. If its too thin, then add a little bit more cheese.
- Stir the sauce frequently while cooking, otherwise, it can burn easily.
- Cheese sauce can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- When reheating the cheese sauce, cook on low while stirring constantly, to prevent burning.
- If you find that the recipe is too much and you dont want to have leftovers, then simply cut the recipe in half.
More About Cheese Sauce For Broccoli Keto Recipes
CREAMY GARLIC KETO BROCCOLI WITH BACON – GREEN AND KETO
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 5 minutes until crispy. Drain, chop and set aside.
- To the same pan, in about 2 tbsp of reserved bacon fat, saute broccoli for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and saute for 1 minute more until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, and simmer for about 3 minutes for crisper broccoli, or about 6 minutes for softer broccoli.
RECIPE: KETO BROCCOLI WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE | KETO-MOJO
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot, and bring it to a rolling boil. Add the broccoli, cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring the cream and butter to a simmer on medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture slightly reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in one-quarter of the cheddar cheese at a time, whisking until the mixture is smooth between additions.
- Divide the steamed broccoli among 4 plates, season with salt and pepper, top each with one-quarter of the cheese sauce, and enjoy.
EASY CHEESE SAUCE – THAT LOW CARB LIFE
KETO CHEESE SAUCE | CARB MANAGER
Don’t Miss: Buffalo Wild Wings Hot Sauce
What Makes This Keto Cheese Sauce So Good
- Instantly dress up steamed cauliflower, air fryer asparagus, or Instant Pot broccoli in a delicious, cheesy, keto-friendly way. Its amazing on so many other things, too you might try it on palmini pasta for a kind of low-carb mac and cheese, or drizzle a little keto cheese sauce on an air fryer hot dog with or without a keto bun.
- Keto cheese sauce is SO easy to make, and if youre keto then youve probably got all the ingredients on hand right now.
- No flour needed! This cheese sauce is good and thick all on its own thanks to the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese, so theres no need for any extra thickening agents.
- Its perfect for meal prep! Refrigerate your keto cheese sauce in an airtight container and itll keep for 5 days or so. Tips for reheating are in the Chefs Tips section below. I dont recommend freezing it the consistency just wont be the same after.