More Chicken Recipes To Try
Chicken is so versatile. It can be used in all sorts of cuisines. American, Italian, Chinese, Mexican and everything in between. Chicken is relatively cheap protein making it an economical family friendly dish. You can boil it, fry it, grill it, bake it and roast it. And dont forget the latest ways of cooking, instant pot and air fryer. All incredible ways to prepare chicken, so when you need a new recipe to try, look no further than here. I have you covered.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken With Lemon Cream Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links
This Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. Tender, juicy chicken breast, coated in crispy parmesan cheese and herbs, topped with a rich lemony cream sauce. It is the perfect low carb, keto alternative to breaded and fried chicken.
How Weight Watchers Friendly Is This Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
Weight Watchers new PersonalPoints plan calculates each individuals Points allowance based on their unique food preferences and goals. This means were no longer able to offer exact WW points for our recipes.
The good news is that all of our recipes are still Weight Watchers friendly! If you have any questions about your Points budgets or youre unsure how a certain recipe will fit into your plan, please reach out to Weight Watchers directly.
Read Also: Rao Marinara Sauce Costco
How To Make Lemon Sauce For Chicken
The process of making lemon sauce for chicken is simple. In the same pan that you used to sear the chicken, stir shallots, garlic, and butter together over medium heat.
Next, add flour, chicken broth, and milk successively, spending a minute or two to whisk around after each ingredient. Return the chicken breasts back into the pan together with heavy cream and lemon juice.
Whisk everything gently and let simmer for a couple of minutes. The cream will slowly come together with the other ingredients.
Sprinkle chopped fresh dill, parsley, and red pepper flakes on top, and there you have it!
Do Chicken Thighs Taste Different Than Chicken Breasts
Yes, they do taste slightly different. The reason I my ingredients lists often call for either is to account for a matter of preference. While both parts of the chicken are flavorful, chicken breasts are made of white meat and chicken thighs are dark meat. That means that chicken thighs have more fat in the meat. Also, chicken thighs are generally sold with the skin on, and that adds to their fat content .
Although there is more fat on chicken thighs, its the good kind of fat, so its nothing to get too concerned with. However, its this additional fat content that changes the flavor of the chicken. Chicken thighs tend to be more meatier tasting, for lack of a better word. They possess a richer, more robust chicken flavor, whereas the breasts, while delicious, tend to take on more of the flavor of whatever spices, marinades, or rubs you happen to be cooking them with.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Rao’s Sauce
How To Make The Best Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
How To Make Creamy Lemon Chicken Breast
Youre 10 minutes away from having this for dinner!
Heres how it goes down:
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dust with flour
Pan fry until golden then remove
Add everything else in, then simmer for 3 minutes until thickened
Return chicken into skillet to rewarm and
Serve over pasta, mashed potato or for a low carb option, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower.
Theres plenty of creamy lemon sauce for this chicken breast recipe. Enough to toss through pasta!
Read Also: Freddies Fry Sauce
Creamy Lemon Chicken Breast
Chicken breast recipes can be so dull time to step it up! Cream and lemon are a luscious combination and is sensational served over golden crispy chicken. A quick and easy 10 minute recipe with few ingredients, serve this Creamy Lemon Chicken with pasta, mashed potato or for a low carb option, creamy cauliflower mash!
Easy Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- salt and pepperto taste
- 500g spaghetti
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, resulting in two thin fillets.
- Drizzle with olive oil then season with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat then add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter then add the crushed garlic, lemon zest and thyme.
- Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes until the sauce coats that back of a spoon easily. Add the chicken back to the pan to warm through.
- Serve the pasta topped with the chicken and sauce.
You May Like: Do Chick Fil A Sauces Expire
Recipes To Try With Lemon Sauce For Chicken Or Fishes
Since making this recipe a few years ago, the ingredients have not changed, but we now add it to so many dishes.
This Lemon Sauce for Chicken or Fishes is delicious on much more than just chicken and fish! Its a delicious and clean alternative to Hollandaise sauce when drizzled on asparagus, makes a great alternative to mayonnaise as a sandwich spread, and is the perfect dipping sauce for any chicken recipe!
This sauce really is so versatile and delicious in a wide variety of dishes! Here are just a few of my favorite recipes to drizzle in this Lemon Sauce Recipe: Recipe for Chicken Nuggets: Recipe for Chicken Nuggets are delicious enough that the whole family will love them. Plus, our recipe for chicken nuggets is gluten free!
Broccoli with Bacon Salad: This Broccoli with Bacon Salad is loaded with fruits, veggies, and seeds. Swap out the Homemade Ranch for our Lemon Sauce Recipe!
Slow Cooked Salmon with Citrus: This particular recipe for Slow Cooked Salmon combines the brightness of citrus with the crispness of white wine. Drizzle on our Lemon Sauce Recipe for an added punch of flavor!
Healthy Pasta Salad Recipe: Healthy Pasta Salad Recipe is both gluten free and very, very healthy. Its loaded with vegetables, super easy to make & delicious to eat!
Hamburger Recipe on Grill: This is the BEST Hamburger Recipe on Grill delicious grass-fed burger is juicy, flavorful and a classic dinner for your menu. This Lemon Sauce Recipe makes the perfect sauce for hamburgers!
How To Make Lemon Cream Sauce
Step 1. In a sauce pan over medium-high heat combine the chicken stock , minced garlic, lemon juice and heavy cream. Stir and bring to a gentle boil.
Step 2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the sauce, until it thickens to your desired consistency. This may take about 20 minutes with stock, considerably less with base. If youd like to shorten the time, make a slurry by combining corn starch and cold water and gradually add it to the simmering sauce while stirring. This will thicken it almost instantly.
Step 3 .After you are satisfied with the consistency of the creamy lemon infused sauce, taste it and season with salt and pepper as needed.
TIP: Rarely you may notice the minced garlic acquire a blueish green tint as it simmers. Do not panic. Garlic, especially if a bit older, can change its color in the presence of a strong acid. Another reason for this to happen is that the mixture of ingredients, including the lemon juice, didnt reach a gentle boil fast enough.
If your minced garlic changes color know that it is due to the workings of enzymes and just strain the sauce at the end for an appetizing look.
Recommended Reading: Rao’s Pasta Sauce Costco
Why We Love This Recipe:
Chicken tenderloins are my go-to for quick, easy, weeknight meals. As their name implies, they are reliably tender, and they are an excellent source of protein. They are versatile and can be prepared in many ways, such as my Greek-Style Chicken and Salsa or Mediterranean Chicken Salad.
We love this Creamy Lemon Chicken because:
- It is prepared from ingredients which are readily available year-round.
- We have used tenderloins as they are more reliably tender than chicken breasts.
- It is a family friendly meal one which adults and children alike will enjoy and thats always a plus!
- We use just one skillet for the Creamy Lemon Chicken, so theres less washing up.
- Easy chicken dinners are always a hit we also love Chicken Patties!
- You can make it gluten-free by using the appropriate flour.
- The sauce is a perfect balance of flavours cream and lemon are a fantastic combination.
Why You’ll Love Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Its an easy chicken dinner. It’s always better when a recipe is easy to follow, and this creamy chicken recipe is just that. The best part is that even though you will know how easy it was to make, no one else will. It’s a restaurant-quality meal that you can fool anyone into thinking it took much more effort to make.
- Its a quick weeknight meal. Chicken recipes are always my go-to’s when it comes to a quick dinner on busy weeknights. This creamy lemon garlic chicken is ready to eat in just 30 minutes. A totally perfect and delicious last-minute meal to squeeze in after a long day.
- Tender, juicy chicken. Its easy to make tender and juicy pan-seared chicken in this creamy lemon garlic chicken. But if you happen to overcook your chicken, its no problem. The creamy lemon garlic sauce will save the day and add any lost juiciness right back in.
- A perfect recipe for all. Whether youre a beginner and still learning a few things in the kitchen or youve been cooking for years, this creamy lemon garlic chicken recipe is perfect for everyone easy and delicious.
You May Like: Costco Spaghetti Sauce
Tips And Variations For Creamy Chicken Piccata
There are a few tips and variations you can do with chicken piccata, but this recipe is perfect just the way it is.
- Noodles: Truly any kind of pasta can be used to serve this scrumptious lemon piccata dish with. You can also serve it over steamed vegetables, rice, zucchini noodles, or anything else that seems delicious.
- Chicken: Make sure your chicken is thin, you can pound it thin or slice it in half, either way will create the size you are looking for.
- Flour: You need the flour to create the great crust on the chicken and for the sauce to stick to.
- Fresh Lemons: Do not use bottled lemon juice. It will not taste the same and could actually ruin your dish. In this recipe, keep it to the real thing.
- Capers: Some find the capers to salty, if you are afraid of that, just rinse the capers before adding.
How To Make Healthy Creamy Sauces
One thing youll notice about us here at Clean Cuisine, is that we use cashews, macadamia, and pine nuts in many of our recipes. This is because they offer a neutral flavor, while adding a smooth and creamy texture to recipes! In this Lemon Sauce Recipe, we opted for pine nuts, as they offered a complimentary flavor to the rest of the ingredients, while giving us that perfectly smooth and thick consistency we were looking for.
Allergic to nuts? My husband is too, and Ive already experimented with alternatives for those who need nut-free options. When making this recipe for my husband, I swapped out the pine nuts for sunflower seeds, and got amazing results! Still smooth and creamy, with an amazingly delicious flavor, but completely nut-free!
Also Check: Tomatoes And Gout Uric Acid
About Lemon Cream Sauce
This delicious sauce is a cream based reduction flavored with the bright, tart notes of fresh lemon juice. Our recipe is chef and home cook tried and true. It is easy to execute, the sauce is stable and has multiple uses.
The secret to a velvety and rich creamy lemon sauce is to simmer heavy-cream with a couple of aromatic flavoring agents until it is infused with lemony and savory goodness.
Heavy cream is the perfect medium for the job because:
- it is incredibly receptive to other flavors and embraces them with enthusiasm.
- unlike butter, which once overheated becomes oily, it also thickens beautifully as it simmers and transforms into a suave, flavorful culinary concoction.
Modifying The Norm To Make It Not Entirely Average
This recipe is so good, I can see doubling the sauce and stirring in penne or rotini for a creamy lemon chicken pasta to make things not so entirely average. Lemon chicken breast atop hot pasta blanketed in this lovely lemony sauce with Parmesan cheese and maybe some fresh lemon slices as garnish.
Also, instant pot quinoa drizzled with just a tiny bit of high-quality olive oil and hot creamy lemon chicken cutlets served along with it would be quite nice. Round it out with some broccoli rabe and this makes for a great meal plan.
And of course, there is always creamy lemon chicken with rice. But in lieu of a basic white rice, consider a wild rice blend or pecan rice. To it, add a handful of toasted chopped macadamia nuts or pepitas and a pinch of flakey sea salt.
Don’t Miss: Is Tomatoes Good For Gout
How Long Does Creamy Lemon Chicken Take To Make
From beginning to end, set aside 20 minutes for this dish. That time estimate does not include the time it will take you to prepare and pound the chicken breasts, or to prepare a side dish. Take both of those into consideration when planning.
Aside from that, and assuming you measure everything out prior to beginning, this recipe moves quite quickly.
What Makes This Chicken With Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe Special
Were using a lot of the same ingredients like butter, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. What makes this chicken dinner to the next level is chicken broth and a big splash of heavy cream. The sauce has a nice creamy consistency that would taste AMAZING tossed in some angel hair pasta. The pasta-abilities are ENDLESS. See what I did there.
Read Also: Ragu Simply Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Chicken In Creamy Lemon Garlic & Parmesan Sauce
Youre busy! And youre hungry! And you want something delicious and fast! This Chicken in a Creamy, Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan Sauce is exactly what youll love! And in less than 30 minutes from prep to serving!
With just a few key ingredients, this recipe is for crispy golden chicken breasts coated with a cream sauce that is simply luscious, packed with flavor and well, almost divine!
I guarantee you that this will soon become everyones favorite chicken dishes. Especially whoever prepares this recipe . . . because the cook gets to taste the sauce as it simmers away on the stove. The simplicity of this skillet recipe is that the chicken is sauteed first and then the sauce is added to the chicken in the very same pan. Less mess to clean up too!
When youre tired of simply baking or sauteeing chicken and the whole boredom and monotany of that preparation, then take a dull chicken to the next level by adding this creamy, lemon, garlic and parmesan sauce.
This Chicken in Creamy, Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan Sauce is wonderful served alone or alongside pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. The creamy sauce is heavenly spooned over any side. For a beautiful presentation, add a bright green vegetable such as peas, broccoli, or asparagus.
Lets get to the kitchen, shall we?
How To Serve Chicken Piccata
I would complete the meal with a light salad such as as Mediterranean orzo salad or Mediterranean chickpea wedge salad and a side of bread to soak up the sauce such as cheesy garlic dinner rolls or pull apart garlic bread.
Don’t Miss: Chick Fil A Sauce Copycat Walmart