How To Make Queso In An Instant Pot
“I made some adjustments to the peppers because of my personal spice tolerance. It’s a really good recipe.”Allrecipes member Sarah
What To Serve With This Crock Pot Queso
You can serve queso alongside salsa, sour cream and chips. You can even serve this queso alongside your favorite meals as a sauce.
Tips For This White Cheese Dip:
- Heat on Low You dont want the milk to over cook in this recipe as this will cause your cheese dip to be grainy so ensure that you are simmering the dip and watching it closely so that the milk does not over cooke.
- Stir, Stir, Stir This cheese dip does need to be stirred frequently so that the dip does not burn and melts evenly.
- Control your Spice Level Everyone likes different level of spice in this cheese dip recipe. If you like spicier foods, add more cayenne or stir in some diced jalapeños to increase the spice level of this dip.
Also Check: Tomato Sauce On Shirt
Easy Queso Blanco Dip With Chorizo
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This super easy queso blanco dip will be the star of your next party! This cheese sauce has added oomph in the form of spicy chorizo, black beans and corn this is a dip that needs to be shared! Serve with tortilla chips for a crowd pleasing appetizer!
Does anything get much better than a hot cheese dip? I think not, which is why Im sharing this mouth watering party dish with you today! Grab those tortilla chips and dig in!
Besides Tortilla Chips What Can You Serve With Queso Dip
While queso is traditionally served with tortilla chips, we, like many of our testers and followers, like to think outside the box a bit. Use it as a sauce on burritos and enchiladas along with your regular sauce. Drizzle it on tacos. Its a fantastic dip for sweet peppers and other veggies. Its life-changing with soft pretzels or chunks of sourdough. Pour a bit over your scrambled eggs, omelets, and hash browns. Sauté chicken breasts in Mexican-style spices, and dump queso over it. Your options are limitless.
Don’t Miss: What Is Mcdonalds Secret Sauce
How To Make Easy Queso Blanco Dip With Chorizo
In a few easy steps, youll be able to serve up this delicious cheesy appetizer!
How Can I Reheat The Leftover Queso
This queso recipe is very easy to reheat for leftovers. Here are a few methods:
- 1) Put the queso in a pot on low heat.
- 2) Stir every once in awhile or until the queso starts to bubble.
- 3) Add more seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
Put it in the microwave for at least 30 seconds on high power.
Read Also: Rao Marinara Sauce Costco
How To Reheat Queso
We recommend reheating this queso just like you cooked it on the stovetop.
Microwave Instructions: if youd like to reheat in the microwave, transfer the queso into a microwave-safe bowl. Add a little milk and microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving until warm.
More of our Favorite
How To Make White Queso In A Slow Cooker:
Don’t Miss: How To Get Tomato Stains Out
Walk On The Wild Side With Queso Blanco
White queso is a popular alternative to yellow queso, and it is typically flavored with some onions and green chile. Its a zesty and creamy cheese dip that is easy to put together and is the perfect addition to any party menu.
Its creamy smooth, delightfully spicy and everyone will be totally addicted to scooping it up with a big pile of tortilla chips. Other great dipping options are triangles of flour tortillas or assorted veggies.
What Goes Well With Qdoba Queso
Whether bringing this hot dip along to the in-laws or laying out a game-day spread, having a few different options to go along with it is essential!
Need some inspiration? I have you covered:
- Since youll have a couple of hours on your hands while the dip cooks, why not try your hand at making some hot pretzels?
- If you kept your dip on the mild side, why not put out a side of jalapeno poppers for the heat-freaks?
- A simple bag of tortilla chips is the perfect partner. But I would go for the scoops so you get more bang for your buck.
- For something more than just chips and dip, put out a plate of spicy beef empanadas.
- Since everything tastes better dipped in cheese, these Pigs in a Blanket would be next level as a side dish.
- Move over, ranch dressing! Let this hot cheesy wonder coat your veggie platter for a little cool crunch with smooth cheesy goodness.
1cupshredded monterey jack cheese
1cupshredded cheddar cheese
3 roasted poblano peppers
1cup heavy cream
1 1/2teaspoonsground garlic
Salt to taste
Read Also: Is Ragu Classic Alfredo Gluten-free
What Are Some Variations For This Recipe
Obviously, adding a variation will change this recipe to be less like Chuys. However, if you dont mind that, here are some fun things you can try:
- Add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes and chopped bell peppers for a chunky salsa queso
- Add in chorizo or ground beef to make it a chile con queso
- Top with cotija cheese
- Stir 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers into the queso for a spicy kick.
- Add some cayenne pepper for an extra kick
- Use fresh vegetables instead of canned to cut down on the sodium
Start With Your Flavour Base:
Sauté green onions: white parts only for a deeper flavour, reserving the green parts of the onion to stir through right at the end. 1 bunch of green onions is the perfect amount, then add fresh garlic.
Add tomatoes: use finely diced Roma, cherry or grape tomatoes for a sweeter flavour. Make sure you throw in those tomato juices as well!
Spices: We use fire roasted green chiles to get that smoky flavour through the dip, but you can use pickled jalapeños OR fresh chiles. The choice is yours! Ground cumin, onion powder and cayenne pepper add to the flavour profile but can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, or omitted completely.
Make your dip is mild or as hot as you like by adding more cayenne or throw in some red chili powder or hot sauce. The beauty of our queso dip is how forgiving it is!
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Soy Sauce Stains
Tips For Making Queso Dip
It may sound like all youre doing is melting cheese, but there are a few things that can go wrong.
For the best results every single time, try these handy tips!
- Shred blocks of cheese rather than using pre-shredded, as it will melt better and have more flavor.
- Dont try cooking on high to save time. The cheese will likely clump together if heated too quickly.
- If cooking on a stovetop, cook on low and stir frequently to avoid anything catching on the bottom.
- Try using smoked cheese for a different kind of flavor.
- For a super silky version, try adding cream cheese to the mix. This will help the dip stay fluid for longer.
- If you want to thicken the dip, use cornstarch so that you dont taste any flour.
- You may need to check the deli section for white cheddar, but Velveeta will also work well.
- For something a little more flavorful, try sauteing onions with garlic and jalapenos and adding them into the melted cheese mix.
- Roast the tomatoes along with the peppers for even more flavor.
- If youre looking for a quicker version that doesnt involve roasting peppers, use a can of green chili and chopped tomatoes instead.
How To Store This Dip:
If you have any dip leftover, you can refrigerate the dip in an air tight container for up to 3-4 days or freeze the dip in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, defrost the dip out if frozen in your refrigerator, then add a splash of milk and microwave in 20-30 second intervals stirring between each interval until the dip is heated through and warm.
Recommended Reading: Whats In The Big Mac Sauce
How To Make This Slow Cooker Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
Crockpot Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Crockpot Queso Cheese Dip is a real crowd pleaser. Great for any gathering, from last minute parties to game night. Slow Cooker Queso is easy to make and irresistible, this smooth and creamy cheese dip is perfect for your favorite chips, bread or nachos!
- Pin this recipe for later!
You May Like: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Scoville
What Is The Best Cheese For Queso
When it comes to crave-worthy queso, the key is to use cheeses that have a sharpness to them. Extra-sharp cheddar accomplishes that wonderfully. To balance the sharp cheddar, I added full-fat cream cheese to provide additional tang and smooth out the dips texture.
If sharp cheddar isnt your thing, you can use other cheeses. In fact, most restaurants actually use Velveeta or American cheese to make their queso. If you decide to use either of these, use the same amount as you would for the cheddar. Because both of these cheeses are made for melting, you can dice them instead of shredding.
Ingredients For White Queso Recipe:
- White American Cheese I find this at the deli counter at my local grocery store. If you cannot find it, you can use Velveeta Blanco in this recipe instead.
- Milk I usually use milk as it makes this cheese dip creamier. You can use heavy cream or half and half as well.
- Butter Dont skip the butter and make sure to use a high quality butter not margarine for this recipe. I prefer Land O Lakes butter but any 100% butter will work great in this recipe.
- Green Chiles I use the canned ones and they work awesome. You can use fresh diced fresh green chiles as well if any are available in your area.
- Cumin Dont skip the cumin in this recipe. Its add the perfect flavor to this dip recipe that you will miss!
- Garlic Salt Garlic powder would work as well. If you use garlic powder, I recommend using ¼ of the total amount.
- Cayenne pepper I just use a pinch and this recipe and it adds a little zip. You can use more or less depending on how spicy you enjoy your dip recipe!
Read Also: Varsity Chili Recipe Copycat
Are There Different Types Of Queso
There are certainly a lot of variations of queso dip and you can play around with them once you perfect the base. Some dips include diced chilies and tomatoes while others include cooked meat. You can include taco meat or crumbled chorizo for a spicy finish. You might also try different cheeses, such as cream cheese or Velveeta, for different consistencies. Toppings also can create variations, such as sour cream, diced tomatoes or freshly chopped cilantro.
Tips For Homemade Queso Dip
- In this queso recipe, there are so many bold ingredients to add flavor, so we dont need to rely on the flour to build flavor. Cornstarch is the answer for a very smooth creamy consistency.
- Its also important to mention that block cheese, shredded at home, produces a much better texture than pre-shredded cheese covered in additives to ward off clumping.
- Once youve scalded the half & half keep the heat down and be patient as you slowly stir in the fresh shredded cheese.
Youll be amazed by how rich, creamy, and zesty this smoky homemade queso sauce is.
Recommended Reading: Costco Rao’s Sauce
What Type Of Pan Do You Need For This Recipe
Now to make your life easier, I highly recommend a double boiler to melt your cheese. It will go much smoother and will melt more evenly and you dont have to stress about the cheese accidentally burning.
You dont have to use a double boiler for this recipe. You can use a small saucepan, just make sure to watch it closely as youre preparing this cheese to ensure that the cheese does not burn on the bottom of the pan.
Is Chuys Queso Healthy
This isnt exactly the healthiest queso you can make at home because it contains a good amount of processed cheese and sodium from the canned tomatoes, etc. But it is far better for you than the processed cheese food that Chuys serves. For a lighter version, you can substitute lower fat, reduced sodium cheeses and use low sodium condiments and tomatoes. I would also recommend using fresh, grilled vegetables instead of the canned ones to cut down on the sodium even more.
Don’t Miss: Ragu Fettuccine Alfredo
How To Make Easy Queso Blanco
To make the queso blanco recipe, cut a two-pound block of Velveeta queso blanco cheese into cubes.
Put the cheese cubes, pureed peppers, milk, butter, cumin, and pepper into a saucepan.
Over medium heat, melt everything together, stirring often until smooth. Add additional milk if needed.
If you dont eat it all right away, you can store it in the fridge and reheat the queso blanco in the microwave.
Pro Tips For Making This Recipe
- Ideally, you should shred your own cheese for this queso recipe. You can easily do so with a food processor if you do not want to grate the cheese. Pre-shredded cheese tends to be clumpy when it melts, so shredding your own from a block will yield a smoother queso.
- If you cannot find white American cheese at your local grocery store, you can use yellow American cheese instead or replace half of the cheese with pepper jack for a spicier kick. Some people also like to use cheddar cheese, but I prefer the more neutral flavor of American cheese.
- For easier incorporation into the hot milk, let your cheese sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes before starting the recipe.
- Make sure you continuously whisk the queso dip in the saucepan as you melt the cheese, so it stays creamy and melts smoothly.
- Pico de gallo, guacamole, and salsa make for delicious toppings for this recipe as well.
- It is normal for a skin to form on your cheese dip as it sits, but its easily dissolved if stirred back into the hot dip.
How To Make Queso
Making queso from scratch is fairly easy, though you do need to chop a few things and grate some cheese.
First grate 8 ounces of cheese. Pre-shredded cheese is oftencoated with a substance that doesnt allow it to melt as easily and can lead toa gritty cheese dip. So freshly gratedcheese is worth the minimal effort.
Next mince some garlic. Chop some onions, green onions, a tomato, handful of cilantro, and a jalapeño or Serrano pepper if you like it spicy.
Sauté the garlic, onions and the white part of the green onion in a medium sized frying pan. Add the chopped tomato once the garlic and onions have softened and are cooked. Add a can of evaporated milk, cornstarch and some mustard and then some spices, like cumin and cayenne, once the whole pan is bubbly and thick.
Stir in the shredded cheese by the handful, waiting for it to melt before adding more. Top with the green part of the green onions, cilantro and chopped peppers, along with a sprinkling of cayenne or paprika. Serve with tortilla chips, soft pretzels, or anything else you think would be great covered in cheese!