Making This Saucy Peanut Chicken
Chop the chicken into chunks then cook it until it starts to brown.
Make a simple peanut sauce by whisking together a few tasty, Thai-inspired ingredients while the chicken is browning.
Take the chicken out of the pan and pop the broccoli and peppers in and give them a quick stir-fry.
Pop the chicken back into the pan then pour in the sauce and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
See how easy that was? If you want to serve this with rice, pop that on first.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Helpful Tools To Make Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
- Cast iron skillet: A quality cast iron skillet is a must in your cooking arsenal! It is perfect for searing and creating a deeply golden exterior on everything from roast, to pork to chicken and seamlessly transitions from the stove to the oven. I love my super high qualityStaub andLe Creuset. You can also go with a more economical, trusty skillet like this one which also works very well.
- Quality Knives: a chefs knife will be your most used kitchen tool by far! Quality knives make prep time much quicker and are important for safety as well. If youre concerned about moola, please remember that your best chef knives, depending on how hard you use them and how well you take care of them, can easily last 25 years or more. I love my Wusthofbut there are hundreds of less expensive knives with great reviews such as this one.
- Cutting Board: I use my big solid cutting board daily so its worth the investment. This extra-large cutting board allows you to prep all your veggies on one surface and the bamboo is easier on knives than plastic.
Can I Store Peanut Butter Chicken
You can but its definitely one of those dishes that is best eaten as its made! If you do have leftovers you can store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
I recommend reheating the chicken on the stovetop or in the microwave with a splash of canned coconut milk to loosen up the sauce. Make sure the chicken is fully heated through before serving.
Read Also: Best Raos Sauce
How To Make Peanut Sauce
Whisk the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, and sugar, in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
In a nonstick skillet over medium heat add the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until heated through or soft 3 to 5 minutes. Season with crushed red pepper flakes.
Add diced chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is heated through. 3 to 5 minutes. The chicken is done when it is no longer pink in the middle. I usually take one chicken piece out and cut it to see if it is cooked.
Add the peanut sauce to the pan and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes until everything is heated through.
If the sauce is too thick add small amounts of water until you like the consistency.
Serve with cooked noodles.
Reasons To Love Thai Peanut Chicken:
- Family friendly: everyone LOVES peanut butter! Please the kiddos with family friendly peanut butter and please the adults with the multi-dimensional, hypnotic sauce.
- QUICK and easy: chop your chicken and toss in seasonings, whisk your sauce together and cook!
- Simple ingredients: this Thai Peanut Chicken uses pantry staples so you can make it any time you probably have everything you need right now!
- Customizable: add veggies, add more or less heat, add or top with fruit such as pineapple or mangos, and serve over anything your heart desires or your pantry allows. You can even create Peanut Chicken Bowls or serve in tacos with mango salsa or pineapple salsa.
- FLAVOR! the chicken is first seasoned to perfection with hand-picked seasonings then simmered in the sauce so it soaks up the symphony of flavor before the crowning creamy, nutty, addition of peanut butter.
Recommended Reading: Rao Spicy Sauce
Do You Have To Use Full
I HIGHLY recommend full fat coconut milk if you would like delightfully creamy, flavorful Peanut Butter Chicken. Light coconut milk simply isnt as thick or flavorful so youre missing out on both flavor and texture. If you do use light coconut milk, I suggest adding an additional ½ tablespoon cornstarch to help thicken it up.
This Great Recipe For Peanut Butter Chicken Is A Delicious Meal Serve This Flavorful Dish Over Some Rice And Vegetables For A Complete Meal
This easy peanut butter chicken recipe is a delicious dinner recipe that I make quite often. Years ago, my husband was the only one who ate it. Now that my kids are older, they love it too! I love having a recipe on hand that the whole family enjoys.
I love how easy and quick it is to get a meal on the table to create a dish with the best flavors using simple ingredients! My favorite part of this Peanut Butter Chicken recipe is that it is from the pan to the plate in just twenty minutes. That makes it the perfect weeknight meal, an easy recipe with little effort.
What most people love about this dish is that it is like a flavor bomb thanks to the rich peanut sauce. It really is such a great sauce. This recipe is like a Thai Peanut Chicken. We just started really enjoying more Thai food and recipes with Thai flavors.
You May Like: Costco Rao Sauce
How To Make The Sauce
There are just a few steps to making this chicken wings recipe. The first could not be more simple. Just mix every single ingredient except the chicken in a bowl together.
Give it a little taste. If it is too spicy for you then add another tablespoon each of peanut butter and jelly. Not spicy enough? Give it a little squirt of sriracha. The flavors will change with cooking, but you can get a general idea of the flavor here and make any adjustments you prefer.
Keto Chicken With Peanut Butter Sauce And Cauliflower Rice
Sharing is caring!
Keto chicken with peanut butter sauce and cauliflower rice is satisfying and nutritious family friendly keto meal. Keto peanut butter sauce is creamy and flavorful, and goes perfectly with chicken meat.
Delicious, juicy chicken in keto peanut butter sauce could be keto dinner or lunch for your whole family. My family enjoyed this tasty keto meal!
You already know how I love peanut butter. Before I started this keto lifestyle I really didnt appreciate peanut butter enough. Now, I grab peanut butter everyday and immediately getting inspiration for creating a meal or dessert.
FAVORITE KETO PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS
Also Check: Raos Sauce Gluten Free
Tips & Tidbits For My Peanut Sauce Chicken:
- Chicken thighs for juicy results: Chicken thighs are my pick for this recipe, as they stay nice and tender during the searing process. You can certainly use chicken breast cut into chunks if you prefer, just take care not to overcook it as it will become a bit dry.
- Natural peanut butter: While I use creamy peanut butter, either creamy or crunchy will work because the sauce is blended in the food processor. If possible, opt for natural peanut butter with minimal ingredients in order to control the sweetness and savoriness of the finished peanut sauce.
- Chili garlic sauce, for a spicy kick: I love chili garlic sauce because it is not only spicy, but has the addition of garlic in it. You could also use sambal, which is similar and also prepared with red chilis, or even sriracha in a pinch, if you have that on hand. Also, use more or less depending on your preferred level of spiciness!
- Sides to serve with peanut sauce chicken: I like fragrant jasmine or basmati rice with mine, but you can use plain white rice, or even serve noodles with this dish.
Peanut Butter Chicken Marinade
Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Butter Sauce
Its not too late to bring some last minute summer vibes with these grilled chicken satay skewers in a peanut butter marinade. Serve with Rice and it makes an easy and Quick dinner or lunch recipe, ready in less than 20 minutes.
2 tbsp sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the peanut butter sauce:
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp honey
- For marinade:
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic and honey.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and coconut milk mixture marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- For Peanut Butter Sauce:
- Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey in a small bowl. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water until desired consistency is reached.
- After the skewers are done, serve immediately with peanut sauce.
- For the best results marinate the chicken for at least 2-3 hours or overnight,
- Serve with rice, salad or vegetable.
You May Like: Rao’s Spicy Marinara Sauce
How To Make This Peanut Butter Chicken
You will need peanut butter, a small onion, diced tomato in tomato paste, butter, and chicken.
You will see out there all kinds of recipes that use all kinds of ingredients, like ginger, soy sauce, and coconut milk.
While these recipes might be really good, this recipe, in particular, won my heart by using simple ingredients that most people have in their kitchens.
Keep in mind that the recipe works with any kind of chicken. If you have only raw chicken, cook it first.
If you have leftover chicken, roasted or just cooked, works perfectly too as it will save you some time.
Most Americans have a jar of peanut butter in the pantry or a can of tomatoes, so this is very easy, right?
Definitely, this is an excellent dish for a quick dinner any day of the week.
Gather the ingredients.
What Makes This Recipe Work
The layer of flavors in these wings is incredible! Each ingredient builds depth and balance. You get richness from the peanut butter, sweetness from the jam, and spice from the sriracha.
But it doesn’t stop there! The ginger and garlic add a nice zing, the lime juice brings acidity, and the fish sauce and soy sauce add a savory umami component that makes your mouth water for your next bite.
Read Also: Rao Pasta Sauce Costco
Tips For Best Thai Peanut Chicken
This Peanut Butter Sauce Chicken is pretty straightforward but here is a summary of helpful tips:
- Dont overcook chicken. For the juiciest chicken, dont overcook! Brown it in the skillet but let it finish cooking in the sauce.
- Use chicken thighs. Are juicier and more flavorful than chicken thighs. If you use chicken breasts, marinate per tips in post.
- Use commercial peanut butter. While natural peanut butter has a stronger peanut flavor, commercial peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy contain sugar and other additives that add more flavor and create a creamier, more cohesive sauce.
- Add peanut butter to taste. You can use 1/3-½ cup peanut butter depending on your personal preference.
What Do You Eat With Peanut Sauce Chicken
This Peanut Butter Chicken is fabulous served with rice to soak up the flavorful, creamy sauce and for a neutral textural component. You can keep the veggies simple with stir-fried veggies or roasted veggies. I also LOVE and highly encourage you to serve Peanut Sauce Chicken with either choppedmangos or pineapple. The bright, refreshing fruit cuts through the rich, creamy, savory, salty chicken.
Don’t Miss: Costco Rao’s Marinara Sauce
Does Peanut Sauce Taste Like Peanut Butter
No, it is spicy with peanut aftertaste. Rich and delicious. It is very addictive, especially if you are peanut butter fan like us! You can try it with almond butter, but obviously in wont be peanut butter chicken anymore.
You can adjust the thickness of the sauce by adding more chicken stock to thin it or cooking it further to evaporate extra liquid.
If you like cooking with peanut butter you should also check our Peanut Butter Banana Bread that is perfect for breakfast! Check that post, where I write about which peanut butter to use. It can be helpful.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Theres so much flavor! The name might sound like pieces of chicken just slathered in peanut butter, but it has so much more depth than that. Its rich and creamy, with a little heat from the red pepper flakes. The tomatoes make the sauce a little tangy, but thats balanced out by the brown sugar. Everything works together really well.
- This recipe takes roughly 30 minutes, so its a great option if you want a delicious dinner but dont have a ton of time or energy. If youre serving it with rice, start cooking the rice first so everything can wrap up around the same time, or use an instant rice to make your meal even easier.
- You can keep any leftover peanut butter chicken in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. Reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave, microwaving in bursts and stirring frequently so it reheats evenly.
Read Also: Mad Dog 357 Plutonium No 9 Hospital
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Chicken
Posted on Last updated:
This quick and easy peanut butter chicken recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite! Repurpose the leftovers , into delicious meal prep bowls with some brown rice and crunchy, colorful fresh veggies
This recipe was created in partnership with The Peanut Institute. Thanks for supporting me and the brands I love!
Chicken Bites With Peanut Sauce
I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes. Chicken Bites with Peanut Sauce are so good to snack on – it’s a tad more refined than say wings, but just as tasty. My sister Alyssa also makes these frequently, though her recipe varies a tad. I know what you’re thinking – chicken and peanut butter? YES! Chicken and peanut butter – think of it like a version of chicken satay, only bite-sized.
The sauce is the perfect balance of flavors with the tang from the barbeque sauce and Dijon mustard and the creaminess of the peanut butter. It all goes so well with the chicken. Your guests are going to LOVE this Chicken Bites with Peanut Sauce appetizer!
Read Also: Raos Sauces
What To Serve With Peanut Chicken
I love this with a light coleslaw. I use my citrus dressing over shredded cabbage as our main side dish. Crisp apple cider dressed Apple Fennel Salad also pairs really well.
Peanut Sauce Baked Chicken is easy, delicious and will make quick work of any dinner, weekend or weeknight just like most of my recipes.
For more on what I’m cooking up, follow me on or and come on into my home and kitchen shop, West Coast Kitchen Garden!
Cheers Friends, I hope you have a delicious day,
Sign Up For Our Emails And Never Miss Another Recipe
Please Note:I am not a registered dietician. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
If you have a peanut allergy, you could substitute the peanut butter. I’ve never tried making this with soy nut butter, but I think it would still work out alright.
- Game Day Wings
You May Like: Lowest Carb Bbq Sauce
Peanut Butter Chicken Stirfry
One of my fave additions to Asian food is peanuts. Think chicken satay – who doesn’t love a good satay skewer? Or maybe it’s chopped peanuts in a cold noodle salad. Well, the use of peanut butter just got a whole lot better. My simple peanut butter chicken stirfry is not only quick to make but ridiculously tasty to eat too. Check out my tips below on toppings to add to take your stirfry game to a whole new level!
Peanut Butter Chicken Is One Of The Easiest Dinners Ever Bursting With Intoxicating Thai Flavors Made With Pantry Friendly Ingredients And On Your Table In 20 Minutes
This easy Peanut Butter Chicken recipe is a QUICK one-skillet dinner thats huge on flavor, low on effort and belongs in your easy weeknight dinner arsenal. Its loaded with tender, juicy chicken swimming in the most intoxicating, lusciously creamy, wonderfully fragrant, comforting peanut sauce infused with garlic, ginger, basil, lime juice and coconut milk. This Peanut Sauce Chicken also earns major points because its made with 100% pantry friendly ingredients even the aromatics are powders! You can enjoy this Peanut Butter Chicken plain or add in any desired veggies you have on hand. Serve Peanut Butter Chicken over rice, cauliflower rice, zoodles, sweet potatoes, etc. loaded with contrasting mangos or pineapple and let your eyes roll back with each sublimely satisfying bite.
You May Like: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Substitute
Peanut Sauce Chicken Variations
You can customize the Peanut Butter Chicken to suit your personal tastes. You can can make it spicier, sweeter, savorier, tangier, less tangy, etc. Heres how:
- For sweeter: Add more brown sugar
- For saltier: Add more fish sauce or soy sauce
- For tangier: Add more lime juice
- For spicier: Add chili sauce
- For thinner: Add coconut milk or water
- For thicker: Add a cornstarch slurry