More Italian Sauces To Try:
I have a wealth of Italian Sauces for you to dive deep in to. Here are a few of my favorites that I think youll really enjoy.
- Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce
Youre going to have dinner on the table in a breeze with this quick and easy Spaghetti Sauce recipe!
I cant wait for you to give it a try!
How To Thicken Spaghetti Sauce
Why is this homemade spaghetti sauce rich and just the right thickness even though it is meatless? Here are a few things that make a difference:
- Add finely chopped or grated vegetables. This is another great reason why I love adding finely grated carrots. Not only do they add natural sweetness to the tomato sauce, but they also thicken the sauce and give it a nice body.
- Use the right kind of canned tomatoes. Many recipes will use tomato sauce. That’s fine, but if you’re after thicker consistency, canned crushed tomatoes will give you a better result. And like I said earlier, something I don’t always add is a couple tablespoons of tomato paste which could also help.
- Do not add too much liquid. In this recipe, I use about ½ cup water earlier on to get things going. Later, I watch the sauce as it simmers and I add a little bit more if needed .
- Simmer the sauce. You’ll notice that once the sauce boils briefly, I turn the heat down and let it simmer a good 20 minutes. If I’m not in a hurry, I leave it a few extra minutes, watching the consistency and adding liquid if it turns too thick.
- Other ways to thicken the sauce. Not used in this recipe, but you can also use a little bit of corn starch or even add an egg to thicken the sauce . I don’t use either of these methods in my recipe because it is just the right thickness for me.
How To Make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Also Check: Rao’s Alfredo Sauce Costco
Top 10 Homemade Pasta Sauces
When it comes to spaghetti sauce, nothing beats a good handmade recipe. Here are the top ten sauces that will improve the taste of your dinners. Purchased marinara is all and well, but it cant compete with the genuine thing when it comes to flavor. A homemade spaghetti sauce recipe that is prepared with care is the most delicious dish you can have. There are instances when a homemade sauce is not feasible, but many times it is less difficult than you think to prepare from scratch. When youre looking for some inspiration, check out our list of the top 10 homemade pasta sauces to try!
Pick your favorite creamy white sauce, vibrant green pesto cream sauce, or even a light and aromatic white wine sauce from the options available.
Read Also: Raos Marinara Sauce Costco
Tips For Making Spaghetti And Meat Sauce
While the easy homemade spaghetti sauce cooks low and slow for 3 hours, stir it occasionally. You dont want anything sticking to the bottom of the pot and burning, adding a bitter flavor to the meat sauce.
Serve this meat sauce with regular spaghetti noodles. It would be just as good with any other twirly pasta, tortellini, ravioli or even as a filler for lasagna.
This homemade spaghetti recipe makes a lot so its great for serving to a crowd or a big family. If youre making for two or a few, it makes excellent leftovers for lunch all week long or divide the sauce into gallon freezer and save for later.
You May Like: Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce Ragu
How To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti:
How To Freeze The Sauce
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it louder for the people in the back make extras so you can freeze it! Leftover spaghetti sauce thaws quickly, reheats wonderfully, and makes for a quick dinner on those busy weeknights. Think about what meal you want to use it in before you parcel it out so you’ll have the right amount. You’ll need more sauce for some meals and less for others.
Allow the sauce to cool off before putting it in a freezer baggie. Get as much air out as possible before you zip it closed and label with the date, description, and amount you froze or what you froze it for. Allow it to freeze flat, then you can stand it up for easy storage in the freezer.
You can also freeze in glass jars, but you have to leave enough air at the top for the sauce to expand without shattering your glass! We don’t like to risk it, which is why we suggest freezing in the baggies.
Read Also: Texas Pete Chili Sauce Recipes
How To Make Nanas Easy Meat Sauce
Pro Tip: The ground sausage and canned tomatoes are both quite salty. Its best to let the sauce cook a little while at least 30 minutes before deciding if you want to salt it.
Keep homemade Meat Sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. The flavors keep getting better the longer all of the ingredients sit together!
The Best Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe With Tomato Sauce
This easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe with tomato sauce brings me home to my Italian family every time I make it! Its super easy and full of flavor Once youve had a good Italian spaghetti sauce, you wont want to use the grocery store stuff from the jar again! This homemade spaghetti sauce uses tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes and goes perfect on your favorite pasta!
This recipe can be made with canned tomatoes and with HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE
My Dad is Italian My Grandmothers family is from Sicily, so I grew up eating fresh Italian recipes like homemade spaghetti sauce at least once a week! Theyd cook a huge pot of this sauce adding goodies like fresh mushrooms, fresh ground Italian sausage, fresh bell peppers, onions, and garlic. So this homemade spaghetti or crushed tomato sauce is like coming home to me!
I never ate store bought tomato sauce growing up Ever! I didnt even know what Prego tasted like till I was an adult.
The recipe Im sharing today is not as fancy as my parents, but it is the base! So you can add mushrooms, sausage, and whatever your heart desires to it! Homemade spaghetti sauce can be used as pizza sauce, in soups, or you can add to it for some knock your socks off spaghetti or pasta sauce!
You May Like: Raos Pasta Sauce
How To Make It
One-Pot Spaghetti is such a simple, easy spaghetti recipe that its almost ridiculous. Allow me to break it down for you
And yall, THATS IT.
Im not gonna familycuisine.net-Pot Spaghetti is the only way I ever make it anymore.
It saves time and effort AND it turns out really tasty!
To Freeze Spaghetti Sauce
Simply place the sauce in a freezerproof container and freeze. Will keep well in the freezer for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge, then reheat in a pot, and add the pasta as directed in the recipe.
I truly hope that you try this simple recipe with my suggested ingredients and that you will never buy jars of pre-made spaghetti sauce from the store in future. Thats my goal, so please let me know if you try it!
Make the Spaghetti Sauce
You May Like: Rao’s Sauces
How To Properly Serve Spaghetti Sauce On Spaghetti
You know the pasta emoji? Its all wrong. NEVER, serve spaghetti or any pasta like this If you want your pasta to taste the best, then follow my directions below. Dont be tempted to use a colander , or dish the spaghetti onto the plate and then add the sauce. It tastes entirely different this way, and its not better, I can assure you. If you dont believe me, try it both ways.
Whats In This Homemade Spaghetti And Meat Sauce
While I have several quick and easy spaghetti recipes like my pasta pomodoro or spaghetti carbonara that are ready in minutes, this spaghetti and meat sauce recipe is the ultimate Sunday, long-simmer dinner.
This is the type of pasta dinner recipe you can easily have at the ready thanks to a simply stocked pantry and a few foundation refrigerator ingredients I can always find at my local Smiths Marketplace / Kroger store.
My Moms spaghetti recipe is both Italian in its inspiration and American in its popularity. It doesnt call for anything extraordinary. In fact, its totally basic, and thats what makes it all the better.
Heres whats in this spaghetti and meat sauce:
Recommended Reading: Best Rao Sauce For Spaghetti
Spaghetti Meat Sauce Is A Great Addition To Many Recipes
Make it a weekend cooking project and whip up some amazing homemade pasta to pair with this sauce.
Finally, skip the pasta and serve this sauce over spaghetti squash instead for a delicious low-carb option.
Key Ingredients For Pasta Sauce
- Tomatoes. You cant make a traditional red sauce without tomatoes! Whether theyre fresh or canned tomatoes, this ingredient is an absolute must.
- Garlic and onions. You could technically leave these ingredients out. But without them, your pasta sauce would have little depth. Garlic and onions give your sauce a rich, fragrant quality thats hard to replace.
- Flavor boosters. When youre learning how to make pasta sauce, youll quickly see that its very receptive to herbs, seasonings and spices. Without these flavor boosters, youd have a bland recipe.
You May Like: Chick Fil A Honey Bbq
Why Make Easy Spaghetti With Tomato Sauce
- So delicious: Flavors come together so nicely in this spaghetti, no one will believe its made with plain canned tomato sauce!
- Easy: 10-minute spaghetti is perfect for a busy weeknight or at the end of a long day. More time to relax in your PJs and enjoy a glass of wine!
- Complete meal: Serve simple spaghetti and sauce dish with a side salad or add protein with turkey meatballs or even a side of turkey breast roast.
- Budget-friendly. Its nice to splurge sometimes on a delicious meal, but its even nicer to have that same delicious meal for a fraction of the cost!
Similar toInstant Pot spaghetti which is another quick and easy pasta favourite. I am slightly obsessed with Instant Pot recipes so I usually find a way to create a classic dish using the pressure cooker!
Tips For The Best Spaghetti Sauce
Since spaghetti has long been one of my favorite foods Ive picked up on lots of different things here and there to perfect it. Heres my tips:
- Really brown the beef. Dont add it all in one thin layer and toss and turn it constantly. Instead add it in large clumps, let the bottom really sear and brown thenstart to break it up.
- Use crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce or puree. It has a better, more tomato-y flavor.
- Dont be skimpy with the garlic, and add a fair amount of onion. These really build flavor here.
- Preferably use fresh basil.
- Allow time to simmer. This will offer time for those flavors to meld and compliment each other and time for the sauce to reduce and thicken a bit.
- Stir parmesan right into the sauce. Again we are building flavor and even though its only 1/4 cup it gives it special something.
Also Check: How To Remove Tomato Sauce Stains From Clothes
Easy Pasta Sauce Recipe
Easy Pasta Sauce. Its so easy to make homemade tomato sauce, youll never buy the stuff in the jar again. Great with pasta, grilled sausages, polenta, and more.
Im Italian-American. So I dont even have to tell you that I grew up in a house where tomato sauce was regularly made from scratch. But Ill tell you anyway: At home, I never ate store-bought sauce during my childhood. Ever.
During those Ragu commercials, where they declared Its in there!, my mom would scoff as if shed been personally offended by the commercial.
Her sauce was amazing. It cooked for hours and, let me tell you, was the best sauce most folks had ever tried.
The recipe Im sharing today is not my mothers sauce.
This tomato sauce cooks in less than an hour but, let me tell you, its good.
How good is it?
Glad you asked! Its so good that my mom likes it.
If youre in the habit of buying expensive sauce from a jar, this recipe might just help you break that spendy habit.
All you need is a few ingredients and a bit of time.
Filipino Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Six years ago in Manila, I found myself at a child’s birthday party grabbing one of every food being offered: fried chicken, spaghetti, and a San Miguel. At the end of the buffet table next to a full-sized image of Big Bird and the required karaoke machine, I had my first taste of Filipino spaghetti.
The meat sauce was laden with sugar and hot dogsdefinitely not the spaghetti of my youth. It was no doubt kid’s food but I couldn’t help myself from really enjoying it, and went back for seconds to go with the remainder of my beer. Since then, whenever Filipino spaghetti appears at a family function, I semi-secretly gorge on it, having an odd attraction to the sweetness.
One of the major sweeteners in this tomato sauce is banana ketchup, which I had a surplus of thanks to last week’s Sauced column. As I finished an oversized plate of the Filipino spaghetti, wieners and all, my wife couldn’t believe I liked it so muchto her it’s more of a nostalgic thing. But what can I say, it may be designed for the kids, but there’s no shame in an adult loving this meaty, sweet tomato sauce too.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 5 hot dogs , cut into 1/4 slices
You May Like: How To Get Pasta Sauce Stains Out