Sweet Baby Rays Baked Bbq Chicken Recipe
Sweet Baby Rays Pulled Chicken. Filling each one is smoked pork shoulder, pickled red chilli, crispy onions, Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and spiced finishing salt. A tangy slaw and smoky potato salad have been thrown in for good Its summer, and you know what that means: its salad time.
Place chicken on grill. Cook 20 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce, until chicken is cooked through . Remove chicken from grill and rest 5 minutes, tented with aluminum foil. If desired, toss with additional barbecue sauce just before serving.
In a small bowl, combine the sweet sauce ingredients set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Whisk the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic in a medium bowl. In a 14 inch wok over medium/medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering.
#SweetBabyRays #BabybackRibs #BBQChicken IngredientsDale SeasoningGarlic PowderLawrys SeasoningSweet Baby Ray Barbecue SauceBaby Bacck RibsWing Dings
RECIPE TIPS: If you want to make this dish more low-cal, add less sugar to the bbq sauce mix. Try different flavored Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauces to see which one you like best. Be careful getting the chicken breasts out of the crockpot, they will be very tender. If you are using fresh chicken breasts, 4 hrs are enough to cook them through.
Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce The Pride Of Chicago Since 1985
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce was first introduced to the nation when a local Chicago resident nicknamed Chef Larry entered his family’s recipe in the Mike Rokyo Rib-Off, the country’s largest rib-centric barbecue competition. The sauce, seasoned and slow-cooked to perfection, was named in honor of Chef Larry’s younger brother. Sweet Baby Ray’s beat out almost 700 other entrants in the competition and a legend was born.
Over 30 years later, Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce is still made with the same ingredients and still made in Chicago. While the company now features 40 different varieties, the original recipe is still their flagship sauce. The original Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce is an enduring backyard and ballpark staple and sold worldwide so everyone can experience the city’s iconic creation.
I Like Bbq Sauce With A More Smoky Flavor How Can I Achieve That
The smoked paprika is meant to give this recipe a smoky flavor, and for us, its just the right amount. If you usually prefer a more smoky sauce, you can add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke to the recipe to help boost that smokiness. I would start with 1 teaspoon and build from there based on preference!
Don’t Miss: Is Yum Yum Sauce Keto
How To Make Just Like Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce:
Read Also: G Hughes Bbq Sauce Walmart
Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce The Pride Of Chicago Since 1985
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce was first introduced to the nation when a local Chicago resident nicknamed Chef Larry entered his familys recipe in the Mike Rokyo Rib-Off, the countrys largest rib-centric barbecue competition. The sauce, seasoned and slow-cooked to perfection, was named in honor of Chef Larrys younger brother. Sweet Baby Rays beat out almost 700 other entrants in the competition and a legend was born.
Over 30 years later, Sweet Baby Rays sauce is still made with the same ingredients and still made in Chicago. While the company now features 40 different varieties, the original recipe is still their flagship sauce. The original Baby Rays BBQ sauce is an enduring backyard and ballpark staple and sold worldwide so everyone can experience the citys iconic creation.
You May Like: How To Make Cocktail Sauce
Why Not Just Buy Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce From The Store
Well, because being able to make your favorite food products at home is awesome! There is power in knowing the ingredients and being able to make your own adjustments.
You can avoid ingredients that may not be good for you, like artificial colors and preservatives, and its also really helpful for people with food allergies or sensitivities. On top of all that, youll save money by making your own sauce!
Now dont get me wrong, we like Original Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce around here. There are often coupons and sales on for Sweet Baby Rays too so I can get it at a good price. However, it contains high fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring, and a preservative. I definitely ingest my fair share of such ingredients, but its is nice to reduce or avoid them when I can.
What To Serve With Hawaiian Pulled Pork
We served our Hawaiian pulled pork on Sweet Hawaiian buns, but you could also serve it on Kings Hawaiian rolls for Hawaiian pulled pork sliders or in lettuce for a lettuce wrap.
Even without the bread, this pulled pork is delicious! Another option is to serve the pulled pork by itself with a side of coleslaw and sweet potato wedges or white rice.
As for side dishes, this pulled pork recipe pairs well with coleslaw, baked beans, sweet potato fries, salad greens and white rice.
Also Check: Best Tzatziki Sauce To Buy
You May Like: Heinz Sweet And Spicy Bbq Sauce
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. Its a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a pickup fee on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Sweet Baby Rays Crockpot Chicken
You know that something is going to taste great when it has been simmering for hours in the slow cooker, and when its crockpot chicken with Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce, you know youre in for a treat!
This is literally a five-minute prep meal. Slow-cooked crockpot barbecue chicken breast with brown sugar and chili flakes that melts in your mouth and will make your family happy.
You can eat the chicken breasts whole, or shred them to make the most delicious pulled chicken ever. So grab a bottle and make this Sweet Baby Rays crockpot chicken your next meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET BABY RAYS CROCKPOT CHICKEN
- 4-6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce
- ¼ c vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
HOW DO YOU MAKE BBQ CHICKEN BREAST IN A CROCKPOT?
- Step 1. In a small bowl, mix barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder until well combined
- Step 2. Place the chicken breasts inside the crockpot and pour the bbq sauce mixture on top
- Step 3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Check for doneness at 4hrs.
VARIATIONS ON THIS CROCKPOT CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE:
You can use tomato sauce with Italian seasoning instead of bbq sauce for an Italian twist or use enchilada sauce to make it Mexican. Condensed Onion soup or Mushroom soup will make it taste great too!
Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce comes in different flavors too, so go ahead and try them all.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CROCKPOT CHICKEN?
You May Like: Classico Pasta Sauce Four Cheese
I Improved My Copycat Recipe
Ive been on a quest to copy my favorite BBQ sauceSweet Baby Rays, which I showed you in the blog post for Sweet & Smokey BBQ SauceWell, I made that recipe again last night and I think Ive come even closer to my goal! I think this is as close as Im going to get! Here is my revised recipe
|Copycat Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce|
DIRECTIONS This was so good that I decided to use it as a condiment for some nachos! I made BBQ Nachos with cheddar cheese! This was a delicious snack! All I did was spread some tortilla chips on a microwave safe dish and sprinkle them with a generous amount of my homemade BBQ sauce. Then I sprinkled on a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese. I microwaved it on high for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese! My family was very happy with this quick little snack creation!
Recommended Reading: Alfredo Pasta With Bertolli Sauce
Hawaiian Meatballs With Rice Recipe
We love this recipe for easy Hawaiian Meatballs, its great for a fast weeknight meal, or it also works great as an appetizer. It doesnt get easier than three simple ingredients. If you plan to serve a big Hawaiian feast, this is a great protein option to serve buffet style, because your slow cooker or crock pot can keep it warm on the buffet. Some call these sweet and sour meatballs from the tangy sweet sauce.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Sloppy Joe Sauce
Sweet Baby Rays Got Its Start In A Barbecue Sauce Competition
Larry Raymond was a young Chicago restaurateur before he was a barbecue sauce inventor. He did, however, have a family recipe for sweet and tangy barbecue sauce that he tinkered with starting around 1982, according to the Chicago Tribune. He had properly adjusted the recipe enough by 1985 that he decided to enter it into a local barbecue competition called the Mike Royko Rib-off. Sweet Baby Rays company history notes that the competition was at the time the largest rib cook-off in the country.
Raymond landed in second place out of 700 contestants. A second place finish was more than enough. After all, the Rib-off had a reputation for crowning future barbecue stars. It was started by a popular Chicago columnist named Mike Royko, and in the first year of the competition in 1982, the winner out of 400 participants was Charlie Robinson. Robinson would go on to start a beloved barbecue chain of his own and sell a branded sauce within a year of winning, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.
Raymond found similarly quick success after being in the Mike Royko Rib-off. Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce was incorporated by Larry, his brother Dave, and a childhood friend named Mike OBrien a year after coming in second place.
Is Sweet Baby Rays Dairy
Sweet Baby Rays original barbecue sauce is dairy-free. None of the ingredients listed in the ingredients list contains dairy and are safe to enjoy.
There is only one product in their lineup that contains dairy, their Sweet Red Chili Wing Sauce. Its best to avoid this variety if youre following a dairy-free diet.
Also Check: Rao’s Alfredo Sauce Gluten Free
What Your Frugal Friends Are Saying About This Recipe
Great and easy.
- Set 2 tablespoons of Pineapple Juice from Dole Pineapple Chunks can aside.
- Pour remaining Pineapple Juice from can into crockpot, then add chicken.
- Cook chicken in crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- After 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW, drain all juices from crockpot
- Mix together Barbecue Sauce, Pineapple Chunks, Brown Sugar and 2 tbsp Pineapple Juice.
- Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes , or until done.
Recipe Tips And Variations:
- Yield: 1 pound of cocktail wieners has about 40 sausages. With 5 sausages per serving, you can get about 8 servings per pound .
- Serve with toothpicks: Forks might be too easy toothpicks slow things down a bit. Everyone can jab what they want, and you dont have to worry about running low.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or over medium-low heat on the stove.
- Make it sweeter or spicier: The brand of sauce you choose will determine the flavor profile of the appetizer. You can also try the classic Cocktail Sauce and Grape Jelly combination that is so popular on crockpot meatballs.
- Or use the big ones: You can cook the larger-sized sausages, too. Slice them up into rounds before cooking and heat as directed.
- Bangers and Mash: Serve these over mashed potatoes and call it dinner!
Also Check: Sugar Free Bbq Sauce Heb
Sweet Baby Rays Original Bbq Sauce
The original, most popular, and flagship product of the brand. And thankfully, its vegan.
Here is the full ingredient list, for reference:
High Fructose Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Smoke Flavouring, Spices , Colour: E150D, Preservative: E211, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Dried Garlic, Sugar, Tamarind, Flavouring
Looks good right?
But what about the flavorings?
Well, representatives at the company have confirmed that they do not contain, or derive from, any animal products.
All of which are vegan-friendly.
Rufus Teague Honey Sweet Bbq Sauce
According to the label, Rufus Teague made some barbecue sauce, put it in a jar, and shared it with his boys. It was so good, his boys pestered him until he made another batch. And from there, this sauce spread from Kansas City to the rest of the country. Give Rufus Teague Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce a taste and you too will be hankering for more once you run out.
Most barbecue sauces that try to incorporate honey are failures but this one is a home run. It has a sweet taste but the sweetness has depth due to the perfect mix of honey, brown sugar, white sugar, molasses, orange juice concentrate, and raisin paste. Its like an orchestra of heavenly nectar that everyone with a sweet tooth can enjoy.
The label also says Rufus Teague Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce is damn good. If two words were needed to describe this sauce, those were two wisely chosen words. Its impossible to disagree.
Dont Miss: Kikkoman Sauce Recipes
Also Check: Dr Shade’s Liver Sauce Reviews
Sweet Baby Rays Chicken
Chicken has never been better than when you use Sweet Baby Rays sauces to make the best easy chicken you will ever eat! The recipe is simple but delicious!
I love Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce but have you tried their other sauces? WOW there are some that are super good! This recipe uses not just one sauce but three Sweet Baby Rays Sauces. The flavor is amazing for this grilled, baked or smoked chicken and the recipe is super easy. Giving you an easy chicken marinade and sauce for the best chicken you will ever eat!
DISCLAIMER: I am not getting paid to promote or use Sweet Baby Rays Sauces. The name for this recipe is used because it uses 3 Sweet Baby Rays Sauces !
Ingredients For Homemade Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce:
- Ketchup: is the base of this recipe. Keep in mind, you want to use a ketchup that isnt too sweet here otherwise the bbq sauce will end up being extremely sweet with the addition of brown sugar and molasses. There are several brands that have no sugar added, I suggest using something like that
- Brown sugar: adds sweetness to the sauce
- Molasses: add both sweetness and a deep rich flavor to the sauce
- Pineapple juice: adds a unique fruity flavor profile
- Worcestershire sauce: adds an umami flavor to the sauce. Keep in mind that Worcestershire does make this sauce not suitable for my vegan friends. So if thats you, you might want to swap the Worcestershire for one that is vegan friendly
- Apple cider vinegar: adds the tang that you find in bbq sauce
- Seasonings: Theres a few select seasonings I like to use that make the best sauce! Smoked paprika is the most important one of them all. It adds so much depth of flavor. Youll also need dry mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Keep in mind that the cayenne is optional, if you want to make this not spicy, leave the cayenne out!
- Hot sauce: adds a bit of a kick!
- Cornstarch: helps thicken the sauce
Recommended Reading: How To Make Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce Ingredients
I am bad and lazy at cooking, so i sometimes end up making a dinner of, like, avocado slices thrown on toast with some cheese on top. On weekends, i jazz up our favorite bbq sauce with blackberries and blueberries. Find rays promotions, coupons, discount promo codes on a no sugar added barbecue sauce thats actually worth eating. Dont get caught without barbecue sauce this summer. Use this sweet pineapple juice marinade with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
A copycat of the famous Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce. In my experience there is little to no need for the cornstarch slurry, but its there as an optional step in case you want your sauce thick. Personally I just use a little of the slurry because the 10-15 minutes simmering time would already reduce the sauce and it would continue to thicken while cooling.
Provided by Addicted2Chis
Yield 2 1/2 cups, 6 serving
Number Of Ingredients 14
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
- Whisk together all ingredients except cornstarch and cold water in a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water then mix well to create a slurry. Add slurry to the sauce to thicken. .
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until desired thickness, is achieved.
Also Check: How To Make Marinara Sauce For Mozzarella Sticks
You May Like: Robert Rothschild Pineapple Habanero Sauce Recipes