Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Recipe
Make yourself some pineapple infused BBQ with this easy Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Recipe!
When youre looking for an easy Hawaiian inspired BBQ recipe, look no further than this Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Recipe. With this easy recipe you can enjoy some sweet Hawaiian inspired BBQ flavor any time of the year.
Heres the best part, this easy recipe only takes 4 ingredients! A recipe that only takes 4 ingredients, and is loaded with delicious pineapple bbq flavor this recipe is a keeper!
Lets get this tasty Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Crockpot recipe started
It is never the wrong time for a simple crock pot meal, and this Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken is sweet and savory and as simple as 3 ingredients!.
Heinz Classic Sweet & Thick Bbq Sauce
Heinz has been in business since 1869 and has been making its famous ketchup since 1876. Todays Heinz ketchup is by far the most popular brand of ketchup in the United States. Recently, Heinz expanded to offering a new line of barbecue sauces and so far the results have been impressive for being the new kid on the block.
Heinz Classic Sweet & Thick BBQ Sauce hit shelves in 2017 and its doing a lot right. As the name suggests, this barbecue sauce is sweet and it has a thickness that works especially well when used as a dipping sauce. Its made with cane sugar and a variety of spices including onion and garlic, plus tamarind concentrate.
Give Heinz a few more years and these ketchup experts will probably be climbing this list. As it stands, this barbecue sauce is slightly heavy on the vinegar taste. Heinz Classic Sweet & Thick BBQ Sauce is good enough to buy, but its still a work in progress as they continue to work on balancing all the flavors.
How To Make Your Own Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce
This Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce copycat recipe really does taste just like Sweet Baby Rays Original sauce! I did a side-by-side taste test to make sure! This sauce is perfect for grilled chicken, barbecue chicken pizza, ribs, beans, dipping nuggets, pulled pork, salad, and basically whatever you desire.
You May Like: Mad Dog 357 Plutonium No 9 Hospital
Ingredients For Homemade Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce:
- Ketchup: is the base of this recipe. Keep in mind, you want to use a ketchup that isnt too sweet here otherwise the bbq sauce will end up being extremely sweet with the addition of brown sugar and molasses. There are several brands that have no sugar added, I suggest using something like that
- Brown sugar: adds sweetness to the sauce
- Molasses: add both sweetness and a deep rich flavor to the sauce
- Pineapple juice: adds a unique fruity flavor profile
- Worcestershire sauce: adds an umami flavor to the sauce. Keep in mind that Worcestershire does make this sauce not suitable for my vegan friends. So if thats you, you might want to swap the Worcestershire for one that is vegan friendly
- Apple cider vinegar: adds the tang that you find in bbq sauce
- Seasonings: Theres a few select seasonings I like to use that make the best sauce! Smoked paprika is the most important one of them all. It adds so much depth of flavor. Youll also need dry mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Keep in mind that the cayenne is optional, if you want to make this not spicy, leave the cayenne out!
- Hot sauce: adds a bit of a kick!
- Cornstarch: helps thicken the sauce
Kinders Exxxtra Hot Bbq Sauce
As the XXX hints, Kinders EXXXtra Hot BBQ Sauce has hardcore heat. It cant be stressed enough that this sauce is very, very hot. After your first bite, youll be pleading for mercy within seconds. But then, just as quickly, the heat subsides enough for you to enjoy the truly wonderful blend of flavors simmering beneath the fire.
So many barbecue sauces that brag about being fiery hot only have one dimension and cant bring anything to the table beyond the overbearing heat. Kinders EXXXtra Hot BBQ Sauce is the exception. Yes, the crushed red peppers and the habanero peppers catch your attention but you will still be able to detect the brown sugar and hickory smoke. From fish tacos to hamburgers, this is the barbecue sauce to reach for when you want that kick.
Kinders history dates back to 1946 and three generations of family knowledge is used to create this spectacularly spicy yet balanced sauce.
Read Also: El Yucateco Caribbean Hot Sauce
Also Check: Texas Pete Pepper Sauce Walmart
Is Sweet Baby Rays Dairy
Sweet Baby Rays original barbecue sauce is dairy-free. None of the ingredients listed in the ingredients list contains dairy and are safe to enjoy.
There is only one product in their lineup that contains dairy, their Sweet Red Chili Wing Sauce. Its best to avoid this variety if youre following a dairy-free diet.
How To Make Just Like Sweet Baby Rays Bbq Sauce:
Recommended Reading: Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce Costco
Ingredients Of Sweet Baby Ray’s Bbq Sauce Copycat
Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs
These are the best I’ve had, short of the actual grilling method of course! This is a very simple recipe that I came up with a few years ago. It’s not rocket science, just ribs cooked in the slow cooker and finished in the oven. This is what I do when I want ribs during the week and have to work all day. I’m eating them within a half-hour of getting home, and they turn out perfect every time!
Provided by norah
|3 pounds baby back ribs, trimmed|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|½ cup water|
|1 bottle barbeque sauce|
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour water into slow cooker. Layer the ribs into the slow cooker. Top the ribs with onion and garlic.
- Cook on High for 4 hours .
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Discard onion and garlic. Coat ribs with barbeque sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.2 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 1067.4 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
Read Also: Rao’s At Costco
What To Serve With Hawaiian Pulled Pork
We served our Hawaiian pulled pork on Sweet Hawaiian buns, but you could also serve it on Kings Hawaiian rolls for Hawaiian pulled pork sliders or in lettuce for a lettuce wrap.
Even without the bread, this pulled pork is delicious! Another option is to serve the pulled pork by itself with a side of coleslaw and sweet potato wedges or white rice.
As for side dishes, this pulled pork recipe pairs well with coleslaw, baked beans, sweet potato fries, salad greens and white rice.
Also Check: Best Tzatziki Sauce To Buy
How To Cut Your Grocery Bill In Half
Want to know how to cut your grocery bill in half? Keep more cash in your wallet with these easy money saving tricks!
Dont miss out on anything!! Catch all the latest fun new Frugal Girls Crock Pot Recipes, Crafts, Frugal Tips + more right here
So have you tried this Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Recipe yet?
Leave a comment and share
Thanks for stopping by The Frugal Girls Im so glad youre here!Want to stretch your budget this month? Be sure to check out my top tips for Easy Ways to Save More Money!
You May Like: Rao’s Marinara Sauce Keto
What Happens If Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce Hawaiian Style Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Read Also: Garlic Dipping Sauce For Pizza
Hawaiian Meatballs With Rice Recipe
We love this recipe for easy Hawaiian Meatballs, its great for a fast weeknight meal, or it also works great as an appetizer. It doesnt get easier than three simple ingredients. If you plan to serve a big Hawaiian feast, this is a great protein option to serve buffet style, because your slow cooker or crock pot can keep it warm on the buffet. Some call these sweet and sour meatballs from the tangy sweet sauce.
Also Check: Palo Alto Firefighters Hot Sauce
Also Check: Raos Costco Price
How To Make Bbq Pineapple Chicken
1. Place all the ingredients, except the chicken & onion, in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the chicken and onion in a crockpot and pour the sauce over it. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred it.
4. If you would like to thicken the sauce a little, you can add the flour to the sauce and mix well.
5. Add back in the shredded chicken and let cook for about another hour to let the sauce thicken up.
6. Once it is done, place a heaping spoonful on a bun and top with coleslaw.
7. Ready to serve!
This Is Sweet Baby Rays Most Underrated Bbq Sauce
Americans like barbecue and all the sauces that make this meal so finger licking good. In 2019, 8.82 million Americans used at least 4 bottles of the sweet and savory sauce we brush on our barbecue meats as they grill . And among those brands we purchase, Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce consistently ranks on lists of best barbecue sauces. Just do an internet search and you will find that food sites like Delish, Taste of Home, and the Kitchn, to name a few, rank the original flavor among the best. And its easy to understand why.
Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce got its big break when it won a rib contest in the Midwest . After its fateful victory, the now-famous brand decided to go commercial and ultimately developed a suite of sauces, expanding from its classic original barbecue to variations that include a Hawaiian flavor, Sweet & Spicy, Maple, Hickory & Brown Sugar, and more. The sauces moniker is a hat tip to the creators little brother who was nicknamed Sweet Baby Ray, and aptly so. The collection of sauces range in flavor, but there is a definite sweetness to each. However, theres one Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce whose taste rises to the top, head and shoulders above the rest but never seems to get the love it deserves. In fact, this sauce is probably the most underrated in the Sweet Baby Ray collection. Which one is it?
Read Also: Raos Costco
Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce The Pride Of Chicago Since 1985
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce was first introduced to the nation when a local Chicago resident nicknamed Chef Larry entered his family’s recipe in the Mike Rokyo Rib-Off, the country’s largest rib-centric barbecue competition. The sauce, seasoned and slow-cooked to perfection, was named in honor of Chef Larry’s younger brother. Sweet Baby Ray’s beat out almost 700 other entrants in the competition and a legend was born.
Over 30 years later, Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce is still made with the same ingredients and still made in Chicago. While the company now features 40 different varieties, the original recipe is still their flagship sauce. The original Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce is an enduring backyard and ballpark staple and sold worldwide so everyone can experience the city’s iconic creation.
There Are More Than 20 Different Sweet Baby Ray’s Flavors And Sauces
The brand has come a long way since that first family recipe that the Raymond brothers entered in the barbecue rib-off. Sweet Baby Ray’s now has two lines of sauces, one for wings and one for barbecue. Many of the newer sauces appear to draw inspiration from all over the world. There’s the Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce, for example, and the Korean Barbecue & Wing Sauce. The brand offers the classics as well, like Nashville Hot Sauce and Honey Barbecue Sauce.
In addition to barbecue sauces, Sweet Baby Ray’s lends its name to a honey mustard and a creamy Buffalo dipping sauce. A teriyaki sauce is also in the lineup. Then there’s Ray’s Secret Sauce made with a horseradish base to go along with the original secret recipe of Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce.
Despite all the options, there’s a clear favorite for the brand: Original. The product description reads, “While we love every member of our family of sauces equally, the sweet, award-winning, taste of SBR Original will always have a special place in our hearts .”
Don’t Miss: Raos Sauce Costco
Recipe Tips And Variations:
- Yield: 1 pound of cocktail wieners has about 40 sausages. With 5 sausages per serving, you can get about 8 servings per pound .
- Serve with toothpicks: Forks might be too easy toothpicks slow things down a bit. Everyone can jab what they want, and you dont have to worry about running low.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or over medium-low heat on the stove.
- Make it sweeter or spicier: The brand of sauce you choose will determine the flavor profile of the appetizer. You can also try the classic Cocktail Sauce and Grape Jelly combination that is so popular on crockpot meatballs.
- Or use the big ones: You can cook the larger-sized sausages, too. Slice them up into rounds before cooking and heat as directed.
- Bangers and Mash: Serve these over mashed potatoes and call it dinner!
Sweet Baby Ray’s Bbq Sauce Copycat Step By Step
Don’t Miss: Rao’s Spicy Marinara Sauce
Sweet Baby Ray’s Got Its Start In A Barbecue Sauce Competition
Larry Raymond was a young Chicago restaurateur before he was a barbecue sauce inventor. He did, however, have a family recipe for sweet and tangy barbecue sauce that he tinkered with starting around 1982, according to the Chicago Tribune. He had properly adjusted the recipe enough by 1985 that he decided to enter it into a local barbecue competition called the Mike Royko Rib-off. Sweet Baby Ray’s company history notes that the competition was at the time the largest rib cook-off in the country.
Raymond landed in second place out of 700 contestants. A second place finish was more than enough. After all, the Rib-off had a reputation for crowning future barbecue stars. It was started by a popular Chicago columnist named Mike Royko, and in the first year of the competition in 1982, the winner out of 400 participants was Charlie Robinson. Robinson would go on to start a beloved barbecue chain of his own and sell a branded sauce within a year of winning, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.
Raymond found similarly quick success after being in the Mike Royko Rib-off. Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce was incorporated by Larry, his brother Dave, and a childhood friend named Mike O’Brien a year after coming in second place.
Which Flavors Of Sweet Baby Rays Are Gluten
These are the varieties of Sweet Baby Rays sauces that are gluten-free. All of these are labeled as gluten-free on the packaging, indicating they contain less than 20ppm of gluten in the product.
- Hot Sauce
Note that the Sweet Baby Rays official website states that Only products that meet the FDA standard for gluten free will be labeled as such. At this time, we are in the process of updating our labels to reflect this standard. Please refer to the ingredient statement on package labels or contact us for clarification.
You May Like: Rao’s Marinara Sauce Costco