What To Serve Your Stir Fry With
Stir fry is awesome just by itself, especially if you are trying to keep it low carb, but serving it on top of a luscious carbohydrate can make it divine.
- Rice: Serve with rice, brown rice or even fried rice.
- Quinoa: High in protein and deliciously nutty.
- Noodles: Use asian noodles, Lo Mein, Sesame Noodles, or even spaghetti noodles.
- Cauliflower Rice: Use cauliflower for a low carb option.
Trishs Tips And Tricks
- Have fun with the noodles! I used artisan egg noodles this time but if were feeling up to it, well make a quick batch of homemade noodles. They take less time to cook so keep that in mind. You can also use the Amish noodles I mentioned earlier or any other pasta, like fettuccine.
- This soup gets thicker the longer it cooks. The starch from the noodles will thicken the soup as well as the roux. If the soup gets too thick, simply thin with additional milk or chicken stock.
- Garnish options include everything from freshly grated Parmesan to smoked paprika to fresh herbs. Have fun and take this opportunity to add a little more flavor and flair to these homemade chicken and noodles.
- Make sure to use a large dutch oven or deep pot to prevent splattering or boiling over.
What To Add To Stir Fry For Flavor
- This recipe includes broccoli, carrots, celery, onions, and bell peppers.
- Additional options include kale, green beans, cauliflower, asparagus, snap peas,water chestnuts, and baby corn.
- This recipe uses chicken breast, but ground turkey, ground chicken, beef tips, or sausage can also be used.
- Garnishes include cashews, peanuts, green onions, sesame seeds, and crunchy chow mein noodles.
- Feel free to add 2-3 Tablespoons peanut butter to the sauce if you like peanut sauce.
- Red pepper flakes, hot sauce, hot paprika add a nice kick.
- Minced ginger can also be added.
What to Serve with Stir Fry:
- Noodles and Rice pair well with this stir fry.
You May Like: Texas Pete Pepper Sauce Recipe
How Do You Make Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken stir fry couldnt be easier to make than this recipe.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and cook.
- Cook vegetables until desired tenderness.
- Prepare easy sweet and savory stir fry sauce.
- Combine the chicken with the vegetables and sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens and ingredients are well incorporated.
TIP: When cutting chicken, slice into small bite-sized pieces. This will ensure the chicken is full of flavor, tender and not hard to chew.
This Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry With Vegetables Topped Off With A Sweet And Savory Sauce Is The Perfect Easy Dinner For A Busy Week Night
Chicken is my go-to for days when Im trying to get dinner on the table in a hurry and this Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry is a family favorite! With plenty of tender chicken pieces and fresh vegetables all tossed in an easy sauce. I start a pot of rice at the same time as I make my chicken, and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Read Also: Rao’s Alfredo Sauce Costco
Chicken And Noodles Recipe
This simple Chicken and Noodles recipe is filled with chicken, noodles, and lots of veggies to create a creamy, comforting, classic dish that the whole family will enjoy. Its the perfect hearty meal for cool evenings and is quick and easy enough to make on weeknights.
Basic Chicken And Vegetable Stir
- 20m prep
Recipe may contain peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish and soy.
For a healthy weeknight meal, you can rely on this basic stir-fry with crunchy bean sprouts, tender chicken and tasty vegies.
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Breast, trimmed, cut across the grain into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 250g button mushrooms or mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh birdseye chillies, deseeded if desired, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 100g bean sprouts, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Cooked white rice or noodles, to serve
- Select all ingredients
Recommended Reading: Salsa Raos
Do I Have To Use Oyster Sauce
If you dont have oyster sauce or prefer not to add it, feel free to leave it out. I used to be nervous about cooking with oyster sauce because I dont like the taste of oysters, but you really dont taste it in this stir-fry.
Oyster sauce just adds a subtle umami flavor to this dish. But it will still be good without. If youd like to boost flavor with something else try adding a little hoisin sauce.
Easy Stir Fry Sauce Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These SEVEN easy stir fry sauce recipes add so much flavor to your dinner! They are easy to prep with pantry staples, and you can even freeze them for later.
Stir fry does not just mean teriyaki . There are so many ways to get creative, and the good news is that all you need are some simple ingredients- you probably already have them in your pantry!
Whether you cook chicken, beef or tofu, these stir fry sauces will add a ton of flavor. Sweet, savory, sour, or spicy, the flavors you can build are amazing. Serve it up with a batch of perfectly fluffy rice to complete your meal!
You May Like: Rao’s Tomato Sauce Costco
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
Nothing beats a 30 minute meal, especially one that lets you clean out the veggies in your fridge!
I conjured this up just by grabbing what I had in my fridge. I shared it on my story, and you guys wanted the recipe!
You can even add in a swirl of peanut butter to the mix if you love peanut sauce. Its fun to experiment with different ingredients.
Tips For The Perfect Chicken Stir Fry
- Cut your vegetables into similar sized pieces so that theyll cook evenly. I recommend slicing the carrots very thin so that they cook quickly.
- This recipe is for garlic lovers, with 4 cloves of garlic in the sauce. If youre not a big garlic fan, you can cut this amount in half with great results.
- I recommend using low sodium chicken broth to help control the salt content of the dish. You can also use low sodium soy sauce if you prefer. Use a tamari sauce to make this recipe gluten free.
- Chicken stir fry is great served over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or noodles.
You May Like: Rao’s Sauces
How To Make Chicken Noodles
Heres a quick overview at how easy it is to make this homemade chicken and noodles recipe:
Why I Love This Easy Stir Fry Sauce
Stir fry has been a go-to recipe for me since long before we went dairy free, and I normally make up the sauce as I go. A little soy sauce , a little garlic. Whatever I feel like adding, or Id resort to a bottle from the store.
But I found myself reaching for the same ingredients each time I made it, so I decided finally write it down, and eventually, I realized that I could make the sauce ahead of time.
It makes for a super quick dinner, and a relatively healthy one, too.
Read Also: Raos Pizza Sauce Vs Marinara
How To Cook A Stir Fry
1. Prep ingredients & sauce- For the most organized and enjoyable cooking experience, shake up your sauce, chop up all your vegetables and your protein up before you begin cooking.
2. Cook veggies first- Add oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until hard veggies like carrots or broccoli are softened. Add tender veggies like bok choy or bean sprouts during the last minute of cooking, to just soften. Remove the veggies from the pan .
3. Cook protein last- Add more oil to the pan, then add your protein . Cook until your protein is cooked through. This will depend on the type of protein you are cooking.
4. Add the sauce and thicken- Once the protein is cooked through, add the sauce to the pan, and heat through. Some sauces which contain cornstarch will bubble and thicken. Add the veggies back, toss everything up, and serve.
Spicy Chicken & Veg Stir
Asian dishes are easy to throw together, full of flavour and packed with veg, The perfect quick meal for the health conscious foody
A traditional Thai dish packed with aromatic flavours, that’s easy to prepare and packed with aromatic flavour
Try this East-meets-West stir fry where flavours mingle
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Rao’s Pasta Sauce
Tips For The Best Chicken Piccata
Honey Garlic Chicken Variations
This dish is delicious as written, but there are many different ways that you can customize it to your tastes.
- Protein: Instead of chicken breast, try chicken thighs, shrimp, sliced steak or cubes of tofu.
- Vegetables: Swap in bok choy, mushrooms, bell peppers, baby corn or zucchini instead of the broccoli and carrots.
- Flavorings: Feel free to add other flavors to the sauce such as fresh ginger, lime juice, hot sauce and toasted sesame oil.
- Toppings: Finish your stir fry with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, green onions, chopped cilantro or crushed red pepper flakes.
Also Check: Raos Sauces
How Do You Cook Chicken For Stir Fry
The best way to cook chicken for stir fry is to season it with salt and pepper, then sear it in oil in a hot pan until browned and cooked through. Be careful not to overcrowd your pan if you add too much meat at once, the chicken will steam instead of brown. I typically cook my meat in batches for the best results.
What Kind Of Sauce Do You Put In A Stir Fry
Most stir fry sauces are made with soy sauce, garlic, and other seasonings such as sesame oil, ginger, rice vinegar, chicken broth or chili sauce. One important component of stir fry sauce is a thickening agent, such as cornstarch. A thicker sauce will cling better to your chicken and vegetables.
Once you try this chicken stir fry, youll find yourself making it on a regular basis!
Recommended Reading: Raos Sauce Flavors
How To Use These Sauces
The recipes in this post were tested using the following ‘stir fry formula’:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4-6 cups veggies
- 1 cup uncooked rice .
You are welcome to increase the amount of meat in the recipe, but I wouldn’t alter the rice without increasing the sauce. The sauce: rice ratio is pretty important
Following this stir fry formula, you are going to get a serving of healthy protein, 3 servings of veggies, and one serving of grains. And a super delicious dinner!
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- Saute Broccoli: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add in the broccoli and sauté until tender and caramelized, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook Chicken: Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan. I cook my chicken in two batches to ensure it gets crispy and caramelized on the outside. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Make the sauce: Meanwhile in a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, honey and sesame oil. Add the sauce to the pan along with the broccoli.
- Make cornstarch slurry: In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water. Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Simmer until the sauce has thickened, 1-2 minutes.
Serve: Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Recommended Reading: Raos Marinara Costco
How To Make Stir Fry With Chicken And Broccoli
Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the cubed chicken breasts. Cook for about 10 minutes before adding in the garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, and honey.
Lastly, add the broccoli into the skillet. Cook until its bright green and tender. Add the sesame seeds in the last minute of cooking and stir. Plate the chicken and broccoli stir fry over rice or noodles and enjoy!
Ingredients For Chicken Stir Fry
The sauce for this dish is a simple combination of ingredients that you probably already have in the pantry, like chicken broth, sesame oil and soy sauce. Adjust the quantities for your families needs, double it if you like it saucey or have a bigger family. Half the stir fry recipe for a smaller crowd.
- Vegetable Oil: Canola or vegetable oil will work, need an oil with a high smoke point.
- Broccoli Florets: Wash and chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces if needed.
- Mushrooms: Wash and quarter your mushrooms or slice them.
- Yellow Bell Pepper: Slice the pepper and then cut the slices in half for easy eating.
- Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken cut into bite sized pieces.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
- Garlic: Minced or finely chopped garlic to spread the flavor.
- Chicken Broth: This is the base for the garlic sauce.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a little bit of sweet, use dark or light brown sugar.
- Soy Sauce: Low sodium soy sauce is ok here, or regular too.
- Sesame oil: Sesame oil adds a depth and richness to the flavor of the sauce.
- Cornstarch:This will thicken the sauce so it will stick to the chicken and vegetables.
Read Also: Texas Pete Vinegar Pepper Sauce
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
This garlic chicken stir fry is a quick and easy dinner thats perfect for those busy weeknights. Cubes of chicken are cooked with colorful veggies and tossed in a flavorful garlic sauce for a meal thats way better than take out!
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
This honey garlic chicken stir fry recipe is full of chicken, broccoli and carrots, all coated in the easiest sweet and savory sauce. A healthier dinner option that the whole family will love!
So it seems like stir fries have kind of become my thing. It wasnt something I set out to do, but my stir fry recipes tend to be some of the most popular recipes on my site, and this honey garlic chicken stir fry is an all time favorite!
Read Also: Kraft Sweet And Sour Sauce Recipes
Tips For The Best Stir
- Work to cut chicken into even size pieces so it cooks evenly. And be careful not to over-cook the chicken or it will be dry and tough.
- Make sure the sauce comes to a simmer after you add it to the chicken and vegetable stir-fry. If the sauce doesnt get hot enough, it wont thicken properly.
- Start low with soy sauce then add more to taste. Its salty and you can always add more but you cant remove once added.
- Saute vegetables until tender crisp not super soft and mushy for the best texture.
- Serve right away as the vegetables start to break down and make the sauce watery.
- Add red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.