What Is Tzatziki Sauce
Tzaziki is a Greek cucumber yogurt dip. Its a healthy sauce you can serve with chicken, grilled veggies, pita chips, gyros, and as a raw veggie dip. My cousin Alla is a fabulous cook and Im blessed to be able to glean from her kitchen wisdom.
Homemade Tzatziki is also a healthy sauce with just 57 calories in a generous 1/4 cup serving. Try this once and you will love the fresh flavors.
How Long Does Homemade Tzatziki Last
Homemade tzatziki sauce will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Because it includes fresh vegetables , they begin to lose a lot of moisture and make the Greek tzatziki sauce runny.
This easy tzatziki sauce recipe makes 1 1/2 cups, so you can always cut it in half if you wont eat it within a few daysbut I dont think that will be a problem!
Recommended Reading: Daves Ultimate Insanity Sauce
Easy Keto Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
I think sauces are one of the easiest ways to add flavor to any dish. This recipe is a perfect example!
No time to marinate chicken breast? Just throw it on the grill and drizzle on the sauce once its done!
Want a quick dipper for your veggies? This homemade tzatziki sauce with sour cream is so easy to make, you can whip up a batch in minutes!
The options are truly endless. Theres no bad way to enjoy this cool and refreshing Mediterranean-inspired sauce.
FOLLOW ME ON , , AND FOR MORE EASY KETO RECIPES.
Also Check: Hot Sauce Software For Hotels
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe + 9 Flavor Variations
Tzatziki is a cucumber-yogurt sauce that uses only a handful of ingredients. But the quality of those ingredients can really impact the flavor and consistency. The basic sauce is also a great candidate for endless customization .
How to make a good tzatziki sauce:
- Pick the right type of cucumber
- Use a good-tasting, thick yogurt
- Add in other flavors a little at a time, tasting as you go, until it’s perfect
How To Make Tzatziki With Sour Cream
The creamy low-carb sauce comes together in just a few simple steps:
Enjoy immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator. The sauce will be even better after its had time to chill.
You May Like: G Hughes Sugar Free Bbq Sauce
Variations For Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
Using Greek yogurt and walnuts as your base, you can change up this yogurt dip to use what you have on hand:
- Use different herbs. In this recipe, I used parsley and dry mint, but basil, dill, or oregano would also work.
- If you dont have spinach, you can try another dark leafy green . You can follow the same method for blanching the greens.
How To Make Tzatziki Sauce:
Don’t Miss: Secret Sauce It Cosmetics Ulta
How To Prepare The Cucumber
Did you know that cucumbers are 95% water? Thats why its so refreshing to eat them raw.
But you dont want all that liquid going into a keto tzatziki sauce. The key to this recipe is to remove as much of the moisture from the grated cucumber as possible.
To do this, I recommend taking a handful of grated cucumber at a time and squeezing it between your palms over the sink. Set it on a paper towel until youre ready to use.
Alternatively, you could add the grated cucumber to a fine mesh sieve and press with paper towels to squeeze out the liquid.
Finally, you could salt the cucumbers to draw out the water. Add the grated cucumber to a sieve over a bowl, toss with salt, then allow it to sit for about 15 minutes.
Once the time is up, press with paper towels or the back of a spatula to release even more water.
If you use the salting method, you may want to reduce the amount of salt you add to the recipe.
Grill Food At Its Finest
The summer heat is here so in efforts to keep the house cool, grilling has become our go-to method of cooking. Not only does it move the cooking outdoors it also gives food that subtly, smokey grill-flavor we crave. At our homes, we both use a Traeger grill for all of our grilling needs. However, any kind of grill will work so long as you achieve the recommended temperature of the meat that youre grilling.
These Grilled Greek Chicken Kabobs with Tzatziki Sauce are a recipe youll want to try whether it be for a weeknight grill-out or backyard cookout with friends on the weekend. Theyre incredibly flavorful thanks to the marinade made of lemon, garlic, and oregano as well as the easy and delicious homemade Tzatziki Sauce used for dipping or drizzling. Kebabs are a great way to sneak in veggies in a tasty and fun way. We know youre going to love this recipe and bonus because its meal-prep friendly! Our favorite way to serve the leftovers is on a big green salad drizzled with Tzatziki.
Confused about poultry labeling? Check this post out to learn all about how to choose the best chicken in the grocery store.
This post may contain affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
Read Also: Walmart Texas Pete Hot Sauce
Ingredients For An Authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
The main ingredients for making an authentic Greek tzatziki recipe are plenty of fresh garlic, extra creamy thick yogurt and cucumber. A great Tzatziki sauce is all about the garlic. If you are not afraid of the smell use a little extra. Your tastebuds will thank you!
Most tzatziki recipes outside Greece call for the use of chopped dill or mint. However, for the authentic Greek tzatziki sauce recipe it is rarely, if ever, used! In Cyprus tzatziki is called Talatouri, and is made with fresh or dry mint, and lemon juice instead of vinegar.
What Do You Eat With Tzatziki
Creamy cucumber tzatziki is one of the most versatile dips you can make! At the very least, serve it with some carrots, bell peppers, and other fresh veggies of your choice, but you can use it in many more ways with everything from the obvious gyros to pan-seared salmon, lamb rack, all sorts of kebabs including vegetable skewers, or even to top your baked potato! I love adding it to dinner bowls with keftedes and a salad!
Don’t Miss: Where To Find Oyster Sauce In Grocery Store
This Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce Can Be Used As A Dressing For Gyros Greek Salad Or As A Delicious Dipping Sauce For Veggies
Makes 4 servings
Be sure to try this with my One Point Chicken Gyro
What ingredients do I need to make this Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce?
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt the thicker the Greek yogurt you use the thicker the texture will be. I like to use either Fage or Chobani
- Lemon juice-fresh or bottled will work
- Minced garlic-you can use the bottled minced garlic or mince one clove
- Salt-for added flavor
- Dill-to enhance the flavor. You can use dry or fresh. I using love fresh dill.
How do I make this Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce?
In a bowl combine, non fat plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic clove or minced garlic, salt, and dill.
Using a hand grater, grate English cucumber onto a plate.
After cucumber is grated, lightly squeeze the grated cucumber between your palms over the sink or garbage to remove excess liquid.
Then transfer the squeezed cucumber into the yogurt mixture.
Stir until all ingredients have been incorporated.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
What To Serve With Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
An authentic tzatziki sauce recipe can be used in so many different ways. Of course, tzatziki dip can be eaten as a dip, a spread, or a topping for sandwiches and/or salads.
Here are some low carb recipes to pair with easy tzatziki sauce:
- Lamb Kofta Kebab Serve as a dipping sauce for the kebabs
- Roasted Cauliflower Hummus Serve the hummus, tzatziki recipe, and kalamata olives as a Mediterranean platter
- Chopped Mediterranean Salad Add a dollop of protein-rich easy tzatziki sauce
- Keto Falafels Add these to your Greek platter!
- Keto Almond Flour Crackers Or keep it really simple and just dip, dip, dip!
Recommended Reading: How To Make Barbecue Sauce
Strain The Water From The Greek Yogurt & Sour Cream
Both Greek yogurt and sour cream have a natural liquid content that could lead to watery tzatziki. That’s why it’s important to strain the water from the Greek yogurt & sour cream.
To do this, put a coffee filter inside of a strainer, put the strainer over a bowl , then put the yogurt/sour cream mixture on top. Put it in the refrigerator to drain all day long.
Servings: Makes 4 Servings
PersonalPoints*: 0-1 PersonalPoints
*This number shows the PersonalPoints range. The points will vary based on your individualized plan. If the number is Zero, that means the recipe is packed with ZeroPoint foods that you dont have to count!
You can click HERE to go directly to the WW recipe builder to create the recipe and to obtain the Personal Points on your individualized plan.
Smartpoints: GREEN: 1 SmartPoint per serving BLUE/PURPLE: ZERO SmartPoints per serving
Also Check: Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce Amazon
Ingredients: What Youll Need To Make This Easy Feta Dip
- A block of feta cheese use an 8-ounce block of feta in the brine, if possible. As mentioned earlier, I dont recommend using pre-crumbled feta.
- Cream cheese Take the cream cheese out of the fridge about 30 to 45 minutes before putting together the dip. This will give it some time to soften and will make it easier to work with. You can also use store-bought or homemade labneh.
- Extra virgin olive oil I love our Early Harvest EVOO in this feta dip. With its rich, pungent flavor, it complements the other bold components of this recipe.
- Honey One teaspoon of honey is used for subtle sweetness to balance the tangy feta and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Persian or English cucumber A bit of chopped cucumber adds crunch and body.
- Jalapeno You need just 1 chopped jalapeno , but if youd rather not have any spice, you can leave it out!
- Sun-dried tomato bits Chopped sun-dried tomatoes brighten this cheese dip with a bit of sweetness and delicious tang!
- Fresh basil Peppery basil brings in some bright color and subtle hints of anise and mint.
- Chives Chopped chives have a very mild oniony taste without being too sharp or overwhelming.
Do You Peel Cucumber To Make Tzatziki
Short answer: you dont have to! To make the Worlds Best Tzatziki recipe youll need a cup of cucumber . If yours has seeds, get those outa there before anything. I like to leave the peel on for more nutrients and fiber !
Sprinkle with a touch of salt then lay the cucumber out flat on a few layers of paper towels and let sit while you prepare the other ingredients. The salt helps to draw out moisture from the cucumber!
Recommended Reading: Robert Rothschild Roasted Pineapple And Habanero Sauce 40 Oz Costco
How Do You Make Greek Tzatziki
After you have your thick Greek yogurt and shredded cucumber, the rest is pretty simple. Finely chop 1 tablespoons of dill, mince 2 cloves of garlic, and measure out 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or white wine vinegar. You can let the yogurt sit for a few hours, or zero hours if youre like me and want tzatziki NOW! Mix it all together and voila! You have a healthy, low carb tzatziki sauce with just 5 minutes of hands-on work.
More About Recipe For To Zieke Sauce
TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
- Peel and finely dice the cucumber, or you can grate on the large holes of a box grater if preferred. Transfer to a bowl lined with a cheesecloth* and sprinkle cucumbers with 1/2 tsp salt and give them a light stir. Set aside for the cucumbers to release their juice while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, grated garlic cloves, chopped dill, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, or season to taste.
AUTHENTIC TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE
- Prep the cucumber. In a food processor, grate the cucumbers. Toss with 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer over a deep bowl to drain. Spoon the grated cucumber into a cheese cloth or a double thickness napkin and squeeze dry. Set aside briefly.
- In one large mixing bowl, place the garlic with remaining 1/2 tsp salt, white vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Add the grated cucumber to the large bowl with the garlic mixture. Stir in the yogurt and white pepper. Combine thoroughly. Cover tightly and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, stir the tzatziki sauce to refresh and transfer to serving bowl, drizzle with more extra virgin olive oil, if you like. Add a side of warm pita bread and your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE | GYRO SAUCE RECIPE
Don’t Miss: Lil Uzi Vert Sauce It Up Lyrics
Easy Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
The best Homemade Tzatziki Sauce Recipe! This easy tzatziki sauce is made with Greek yogurt, sour cream and fresh dill! It’s thick and creamy and so delicious! It perfectly compliments Mediterranean dishes, and makes a great party dip!
This Easy Tzatziki Sauce recipe is one of my all-time favorites! I have a serious love for Mediterranean food ! Since we don’t go out to eat very often, I have worked hard over the years to create homemade versions of my favorite restaurant fare.
Tzatziki Sauce is one of my favorite “condiments” and our recipe is better than any tzatziki I’ve ever had in a restaurant. It is made with Greek yogurt, sour cream and fresh dill!
It’s thick and creamy and so delicious! It perfectly compliments Mediterranean dishes, and makes a great party dip! Plus it’s so easy to make that my 10 year old daughter makes it every week for our entire family.
How Do You Make Tzatziki Sauce
Making tzatziki is so easy! First, slice the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Grate the cucumber into a colander, squeezing the cucumber to remove excess water. Sprinkle salt over top to draw out more water. Let sit for a few minutes.
Press the garlic clove into bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper, stirring to combine. Add Greek yogurt and stir again.
Squeeze cucumber for a second time to remove excess water. Add to Greek yogurt mixture and stir in! Make sure you taste it and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Read Also: Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients And Important Notes
A few notes on what you need to make this recipe:
- English cucumber- I like to use English cucumbers here because they are seedless and tend to be sweeter, plus the skin is thin, so you don’t have to fully peel them. If you end up using regular cucumbers with the waxy skin, be sure to peel them completely, and you’ll want to discard the large seeds which would make the dip too runny.
- Kosher salt
- Garlic-4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced. If you want a milder-tasting cucumber yogurt sauce, start with 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- Distilled white vinegar– about 1 teaspoon is all you need here. It does enhance the flavor and brightens the dip.
- Plain Greek Yogurt- 2 cups plain full-fat or reduced fat Greek yogurt. Do not use regular plain yogurt as the dip will be too runny. The yogurt you need here must be strained yogurt.
- Ground white or black pepper
- Chopped fresh dill or mint
How To Make Spinach Dip With Greek Yogurt
This quick and nutritious spinach dip recipe literally takes two simple steps:
- Blanch the spinachDrop the spinach in a pot of boiling water for 10 seconds, then quickly transfer them to a bowl of iced water for a couple of minutes to stop cooking .
- Mix the spinach with the Greek yogurt, walnuts and seasoningDrain the spinach very well and wring out all the liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the spinach with Greek yogurt, chopped walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, fresh parsley, dried mint and a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix everything until well combined.
Also Check: Is Tomato Sauce Keto Approved