Make Cheese Dipping Sauce For Pretzels
It is better than anything store bought and super easy to make. You can make a ton for a fraction of the price of the grocery store.
You most definitely will save money compared to buying those small containers of cheese sauce at the pretzel store.
Give it a try and let us know how it turned out. I think you and your family will really enjoy it.
Creamy Homemade Macaroni And Cheese
You are going to love this Creamy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese recipe, because it is so easy to make and tastes infinitely better than anything you can buy at the store. All you need are a few simple ingredients and just 20 minutes to make the best macaroni and cheese ever.
Mac n cheese is the ultimate comfort food. After trying this super-easy, super-creamy macaroni and cheese recipe, you will never go back to the boxed stuff again!
Why Does My Cheese Sauce Split In The Oven
Everyone loves Mac and Cheese well, at least everyone I know, including my kids.
In my early days of making it, I had it split on me a couple of times, but I have since learned how to avoid it, and firstly, its all about not overheating it.
Once Ive assembled everything, I pop it into a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes.
The other thing is to make sure you prepare the macaroni and the cheese sauce separately.
Using butter and flour, roux, plus pasteurized milk which is more than capable of standing up to the temperature in the oven.
Lets talk more about the roux in a moment.
1 Prepping the pasta
I mentioned above the importance of preparing the pasta for your mac and cheese separately. If you use uncooked pasta, two things will happen.
- The pasta will take too long to cook, and the sauce will separate.
- The uncooked pasta will draw all of the moisture from the sauce, which considerably increases the change of the sauce separating.
You dont want to overcook the pasta before adding the cheese sauce and putting it in the oven. Cook it al dente.
The 25 minutes oven time mentioned above will be plenty of time to finish the pasta and create the perfect mac and cheese with a lovely crispy topping. You might enjoy this recipe.
2 Making the roux
Most Mac and Cheese recipes use a mornay cheese sauce with good reason. It stands up to the heat of the oven better than most.
3 Making the bechamel
Remember not to overheat the sauce, but to simmer it gently.
4 Now for the cheese
Don’t Miss: How To Make Keto Alfredo Sauce
S To Follow When Freezing Cheese Sauce
The cheeses that freeze best are those with higher fat content. Hard cheeses like Cheddar and Parmesan are perfect.
Sauces that freeze well include bechamel, cheese, and mornay, the last of which some people like using for mac and cheese. Nacho cheese sauces also freeze well.
Here are the steps to follow when freezing cheese sauce.
Tips For Easy Homemade Queso
- How to make queso thicker: If you want to make your queso thicker, use more cornstarch and water. Mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch along with 2 tablespoons of the queso dip in a small bowl. Gradually add the thickener back into the queso dip and stir to incorporate.
- How to make queso smoother: To keep your queso dip smooth and creamy, add in small amounts of milk while cooking and be sure to whisk well to avoid lumps. If it gets too thick and chunky once youve served the dip, you can put the bowl into the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt it again.
- How to make queso healthier: There are a variety of ways to make queso dip healthier including use of low-fat cheese, Greek yogurt and skim milk.
Creamy Macaroni And Cheese With Bacon And Peas
The Chunky Chef03/19/2015
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Okay guys, let me guess one of your kids favorite meals probably chicken nuggets, and Id guess macaroni and cheese too. Am I right? Thought so lol. My kids LOVE mac and cheese. Of all forms, all flavors, even the Kraft easy mac that you microwave. They go nuts. So over the years Ive made several varieties of homemade mac and cheese, to try to get them to please for the love of all things holy, eat something I cooked for you!!.
This macaroni and cheese dish isnt just for the kids it has some grown up flavors, and its a little bit healthier. Although, as youre eating it, you wont be able to taste that its healthier all youll taste is a deliciously creamy sauce and some amazing flavors. Want to know the secret?
Yep, almond milk! Do you guys drink this stuff? Its actually pretty good and its really good for you
You can choose any pasta shape that you like for this macaroni and cheese classic elbows, some penne, rotini, anything! I love the curly and fun shape of cavatappi Part of the unique flavors of this dish comes from the cheeses used the white cheese you see there is gruyere. It. Is. Amazing! Its rich, nutty, and delicious. I paired it with a sharp cheddar.
I chose to garnish mine simply with just a few extra crumbles of bacon, but it would also be delicious with some fresh chopped chives or just some minced parsley.
I hope you all try this one
How To Reheat Taco Bell Nacho Cheese
Reheating is nacho cheese is relatively easy, and you can use different methods, which include
Put your taco bell nacho cheese in a microwavable bowl.
Whisk it for 3 minutes, then go slow for another 2 minutes after 30 seconds.
If ready, it should not have a runny texture but be thick and smooth when ready.
Use a skillet
Place the skillet on low to medium heat.
Put your nacho cheese and stir continuously to avoid sticking and let it cook until its warm for 10 minutes.
Use a small crockpot and set it to the desired temperature.
If you want to reheat faster, use high temperature and low if not in a hurry.
Stir regularly to avoid sticking at the bottom.
Also Check: How Do You Make Alfredo Sauce
Storage And Reheating Instructions:
Nacho cheese sauce is best eaten fresh. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat either in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until heated through, or in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious Mexican-food recipes:
Ideas For How To Use This Cheese Sauce Recipe
I mean, besides your spoon straight into your mouth.
- French Fries
- Top a hot dog. You know you want that.
- Drizzle on scrambled eggs or a fried egg.
- Use it to top eggs benedict instead of hollandaise sauce. What!!
- Stir it into mashed potatoes
- Stir it into homemade chili!! This would be so amazing.
- dip tater tots
- Top a baked potato!! Sorry about all the exclamation points, every new idea I think of sounds so amazing to me!
- Dip soft pretzels into cheese sauce. Or these Homemade Pretzel Dogs!
- Add it as a layer on a homemade Crunchwrap Supreme like from Taco Bell! Should I post my Crunchwrap recipe for you guys?
- Add it to a roast beef sandwich. Can you imagine French Dip Sandwiches with this sauce incorporated??
The possibilities are endless! I cant wait to see what you make with it! Let me know your plans in the comments, and if you make it, snap a picture and tag me on Instagram so I can see it. I love that!
P.S. I took 483 photos of this cheese sauce. No joke. I usually take at least a couple hundred photos when Im doing a food photoshoot, but 483 is a little excessive, even for me. This cheese is just gorgeous, I couldnt stop myself.
Read Also: Is Yum Yum Sauce Keto
Causes Of Lumpy Cheese Sauce
While making cheese sauce isnt exactly rocket science, several things can go wrong that will result in your sauce curdling or becoming lumpy.
1 The first thing is the heat.
Cooking the sauce on too high a heat could be the problem, especially if you are using a dairy-based cheese, as most people do.
If the heat is too high, the protein and the cheeses water can separate, with the protein turning into curds.
Curds are something in their own right. You will probably be familiar with them from the original British nursery rhyme, Little Miss Muffet.
Many people like them and make them especially because they enjoy their mild flavor.
The main pleasure for many is their springy texture which makes them squeak against your teeth when you bite into them.
The oil that cheese contains can also separate under high heat, giving the sauce a somewhat broken appearance rather than being nice and smooth.
2 Another cause of curdling is adding acid during cooking.
The Difference Between Sharp And Mild Cheddar
You might end up at the store buying cheese and leaving confused. Cheese comes in a plethora of different varieties, but today we are talking about cheddar because that is what I used in this particular recipe. Cheddar cheese can range from mild to old and can be categorized by a variety of different sharpness levels. I gave the option between mild or sharp cheddar because I feel their flavor profiles work best for this sauce.
Sharpness attributes to how tangy or how much bite the cheese has, which comes from how long the cheese has been aged. Aging is the only difference between mild and sharp cheddar, therefore the longer the cheese has aged naturally, the sharper and more pronounced the cheddar flavor becomes. Mild Cheddar is typically aged for around 2 to 3 months, whereas an extra sharp could go through the aging process for as long as a year.
Also Check: 3 Oz Hot Sauce Bottles
Tips For Pretzel Cheese Dip:
- If the cheese sauce is too thick, add in more milk gradually until the cheese sauce is the consistency that you prefer.
- You can add cream cheese to the mixture for a richer consistency. I would start with a tablespoon when you add the shredded cheese.
- Add a dash of hot sauce or cayenne pepper if you like things spicy.
- Now if you are going to make a big batch, I highly recommend a double boiler to melt your cheese. It will go much smoother and will melt more evenly. Trust me Ive learned from experience!
- Mustard cheese dip: Add a Tablespoon or two of mustard.
- Crock Pot Normally we will make this dip in the double boiler, and then we like to keep it warm in a mini dipper crockpot. We just love them because it keeps the dip warm and smooth.
- Serve with Chips These are great with pretzels, but we also love it drizzled over fritos, spicy chips, or tortilla chips.
Tips For The Best Creamy Baked Mac And Cheese Recipe
- Boil the pasta in very well-salted water. The salt in the water seasons the noodles, adding flavor to the dish.
- Cook the pasta just until its al dente almost tender, but still firm to the bite. You dont want to completely cook the noodles until theyre tender, because they will continue baking in the oven.
- Allow the cheese, milk and half-and-half to come to room temperature before adding them to the recipe. They will blend together smoothly if theyre not cold.
- Start with blocks of cheddar cheese that you grate yourself at home, rather than using bags of pre-shredded cheese from the store. The pre-shredded cheese includes stabilizers and other ingredients to prevent the cheese from clumping, which inhibits its ability to melt smoothly into the dish.
- If you prefer a crispier, darker brown top on your mac and cheese, place the dish under the broiler during the final few minutes of baking. Just be sure to keep a close eye on it so that the top doesnt burn.
- Cooking for a smaller family? Cut all of the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square dish.
Also Check: Whats The Best Bbq Sauce
Best Cheeses For A Keto Diet
Reggiano Parmigiano Cheese Wheel with Romano Cheese Wedges
Goat cheese surprisingly has zero carbs and its easier to digest since its low in lactose.
I find goat cheese has a fantastic tangy flavour which adds a twang to any recipe I use it for.
We buy the double pack of goat cheese at Costco found in the cheese refrigeration display.
Below are the keto cheese options that we buy mainly from Costco Canada offering the best prices.
Ive also added the carb amounts for each cheese to help give you an idea for those who count carbs.
Net Carbs In Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese3.1g net carbs per 100 grams
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Keto1.6g net carbs per 1oz
- Ricotta Cheese 3.8g net carbs per 1/2 cup
- Feta Cheese 1.2g net carbs per 1 oz
- Brie Cheese0.1g net carbs per 1oz
- Old Cheddar Cheese 0.4g net carbs per 1 oz
- Parmigiano Regianno Cheese4.1g net carbs per 100 grams
- Emmenthal Cheese 5g net carbs per 100 grams
- Halloumi Cheese Zero net carbs
- Goat Cheese Zero net carbs
Cook Your Noodles In Milk Instead Of Water
Cooking your noodles in milk instead of water makes your resulting mac and cheese creamier. According to The Kitchn, cooking your noodles in milk instead of water makes the sauce creamy before you even add the cheese sauce. The starches in the noodles get released as you cook them, helping to thicken the mixture from the start. That will ultimately help with the resulting creaminess.
Recommended Reading: What Sauce Is On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Don’t Miss: What Is In Mcdonald’s Big Mac Sauce
Cheese Sauce For Pretzels
As promised, yesterday I shared our familys favorite snack Homemade pretzels bites. The kids devour them. Im all about that dipping sauce so of course cheese dip is a must.
I made it and it worked perfectly for the homemade pretzel bites. In fact. it was wonderful and tasted just like Auntie Annes cheese sauce that they give you with their pretzels!
This simple and easy recipe completely solves the problem of delicious creamy cheese sauce for your pretzels. Once you try this cheese sauce recipe, you will never buy store bought cheese sauce again.
What Is Velveeta Cheese
Velveeta is a pasteurized process cheese product made in the USA. Its also known as American cheese, and its one of the top brands of American cheese. This product was originally created by Emil Frey Company in 1918.
The company was founded by Emil Frey, who immigrated to America from Switzerland in 1900. He sold his first product, Swiss cheese, for $1 per pound. In 1904, he started selling Swiss cheese by mail order and opened his first storefront in St. Louis. In 1918, he invented Velveeta cheese and sold it through the mail as well as in stores.
In 1921, he sold his business to Kraft Foods , which continues to make Velveeta today although some people have complained that Kraft has changed the recipe since acquiring it .
You May Like: Walden Farms Honey Bbq Sauce
Tips For A Smooth Cheese Sauce
To make a beautifully smooth and stable cheese sauce, you must use starch supplied through white flour.
Blending white flour with melted butter over low heat creates a roux, which makes a nice, smooth white or bechamel sauce when you add milk , stirring all the while.
You might come across the odd recipe that uses cornstarch as a thickening agent rather than a roux. Personally, I recommend making a roux.
You cannot make a cheese sauce using only cheese and milk it will not emulsify unless you add starch. Having said that, remember the importance of heating slowly.
It is also best to finely grate the cheese before you add it. It makes it easier to melt nicely and evenly.
If the white sauce is bubbling, remove the pan from the heat, then add the cheese. Give it a good stir. There should be no need to return it to the heat.
Is Cheese Sauce The Same As Bchamel
Cheese sauce is the same as a Béchamel sauce only when you add cheese to the béchamel sauce. However, its not the same as classic béchamel sauce because classic béchamel doesnt require cheese.
Watch this video to see how to prepare a French Béchamel sauce:
Adding cheese will give your Béchamel sauce more flavor, but you cant always add cheese to a béchamel sauce unless the recipe calls for it.
In France, Béchamel sauce is the mother of all sauces, used as a base for making them. In terms of preparation, cheese sauce is slightly different from Béchamel sauce because you dont need to sieve it before serving it. But you must always sieve Béchamel sauce to ensure its free of lumps.
Dont Miss: Where To Buy Raos Sauce
Read Also: Truff Hot Sauce Discount Code
How To Fix Lumpy Cheese Sauce
How to fix lumpy cheese sauce? Making a cheese sauce and discover that it looks lumpy or curdled, all is not lost if you know what to do and you act quickly.
The knowing what to do is essential, which I am about to share with you.
But before we start, lets discuss what cheese sauce is and whats gone wrong in the first place.