Why This Recipe Works
Why This Recipe Works
Versatile While we used this BBQ sauce recipe for burgers, we found that not only were people eating it on burgers but putting it on their brats too. It also works on hot dogs, sausage, ribs, chicken, pork tenderloin basically anything you want a simple BBQ sauce ontrust me, its the best!
Flavorful This sauce is a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce because it has sweet and also some cayenne and paprika for spice. Its also a little tangy thanks to the apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. In a nutshell, this easy BBQ sauce has it all!
Keeps well Make up a big batch and keep this sauce in the fridge for up to two weeks, if it lasts that long!
Easy ingredients I bet you have most of these ingredients in your pantry or fridge right now. Go check, Ill wait! You with me? A little dash of this, a pinch of that, stir and serve!
How To Make Reverse
Use these easy-to-follow procedures and images to make this delicious Pork Steaks recipe:
Start seasoning both sides of the pork steaks with onion granules, garlic granules, dry oregano, salt, and pepper.
Next, heat one side of the grill to medium heat so that the grill stays at a steady 225°.
Add the seasoned steaks to the other side of the grill where there is no direct heat underneath and cook for 90-120 minutes or until they reach 160° to 163° internally.
Remove the pork steaks and turn the entire grill to high heat .
Once the grill is hot, add the steaks and sear for 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks are formed.
Turn the steaks over, immediately baste them with BBQ sauce and sear for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove the pork steaks and let them sit for 5 minutes before saucing and serving.
Easy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
This homemade BBQ sauce is the best Ive ever had, and Id put it up against any store-bought BBQ sauceits just that good. Its perfectly seasoned, sweet without being too sweet, and it can be easily customized to your liking. Heres why you will love this recipe:
- Easy Once you mix all the ingredients in a saucepan, this recipe is pretty hands-off. Just let it simmer until its nice and thick, stirring occasionally.
- Delicious Its literally the best BBQ sauce, with the perfect balance of flavors.
- Healthier Okay, barbecue sauce isnt exactly a health food, but when you make it from scratch, you can skip the preservatives, corn syrup, and artificial flavors.
- Versatile Whether you use it as a sauce for Instant Pot Ribs, a topping for a burger, or a marinade for grilled chicken, youll have plenty of ways to use this sauce.
You May Like: Remove Set In Tomato Sauce Stain
Homemade Bbq Sauce Variations
- Spicy BBQ Sauce: Add up to 1 tablespoon of hot sauce or 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Maple BBQ Sauce: Substitute 1/4 cup maple syrup for the honey.
- Extra Smoky BBQ Sauce: Double the amount of smoked paprika.
- Coca Cola BBQ Sauce: Add 1/2 cup Coca Cola to the recipe.
Homemade barbecue sauce is delicious on any type of meat. Its particularly good on smoked meats such as chicken and pork. It makes an amazing pulled pork sandwich and the best barbecued chicken wings youll ever eat.
I always keep this BBQ sauce in my freezer so that I have some on hand when the grilling mood strikes. It just cant be beat!
Favorite Ways To Use Bbq Sauce
- Chicken Use on baked chicken for a flavorful meal or drizzled over shredded chicken for a BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
- Pork Delicious with ribs, brisket and definitely with pulled pork. Hello, best pulled pork sandwich ever!
- Burgers Delicious on hamburgers in place of ketchup for a tasty BBQ Burger.
- Pizza Use in place of pizza sauce for a BBQ Chicken Pizza or a Pulled Pork Pizza. Yum!
Read Also: How To Make Cajun Sauce
Spicy Peach Bbq Sauce Recipe
Sauces 15 mins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce is a delicious combination of sweet peaches and spicy bbq sauce! Perfect on so many dishes, this is amazing on chicken and pork!
This Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce recipe is an absolute favorite in my family and one that is on repeat throughout peach season at my house! Those ripe juicy peaches add just the right amount of sweetness and intoxicating aroma to this spicy bbq sauce. Its simple to make and always a hit whenever I make it!
How To Make Bbq Sauce:
This bbq sauce recipe couldnt be easier to make! Simply
Also Check: Where Is Soy Sauce In Grocery Store
Homemade Bbq Sauce Recipe Ingredients
This BBQ Sauce comes together quickly with just a handful of ingredients that I generally have in my refrigerator or my pantry and is one that I think you all will fall in love with as well. Ive had friends ask me to please make extra for them to take home and if Id bottle it, theyd surely buy it.
To make this homemade BBQ Sauce, youll need:
How To Make Homemade Bbq Sauce
When I say this recipe is easy, I really mean it. There are only two steps involved:
Pro Tip: Right off the heat, the sauce will taste a little spicy and it will smell vinegary. Once you refrigerate it, the flavors will meld and mellow.
Read Also: Spaghetti Sauce With Low Sodium
Tips For The Best Bbq Sauce
- Add a blend of various ingredients to build lots of flavor. Here we use a fair amount that all come together and pair perfectly.
- Dont omit all the sweeteners or sauce will be very sour and unbalanced.
- Let it simmer and reduce to thicken. The simmering not only helps meld the flavors but it thickens the sauce since some of the liquid evaporates.
- Wait to add bbq sauce to chicken or ribs until the last 5 10 minutes of grilling or baking so it doesnt burn excessively and dont cook over high heat once added, use a medium heat.
- If its been in the fridge dont forget to let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes so you arent serving it cold with warm food .
Spicy Mustard Bbq Sauce Recipe
Camping 15 mins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Mustard BBQ Sauce adds the right amount of spice and tang to whatever you serve with it. This mustard BBQ sauce makes a great addition to your BBQ!
This Spicy Mustard BBQ Sauce is a delicious combination of spicy and tangy. Its so delicious on so many meats and foods, but I especially love to eat it with chicken or pork. I make this to serve alongside my other bbq sauces when I have a cookout with friends and family. It has just that perfect amount of zest and everyone always loves it!
Also Check: Guy Gone Keto Teriyaki Sauce
Homemade Bbq Sauce Recipe
This Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Use this barbecue sauce in all of your favorite BBQ recipes. Its the best combination of sweet and tangy!
If youve ever wanted to make your own BBQ sauce from scratch, then this recipe is for you! It is so easy, simple and fast 15 minutes is all it takes!
I love making sauces and seasonings from scratch because when you make them yourself you can control the ingredients and flavors. You can make this BBQ sauce more or less sweet, spicy, tangy or smoky, depending on how you like it. Other homemade sauces that you might enjoy include my Honey Mustard Recipe, Stir Fry Sauce and Enchilada Sauce.
The key to the best BBQ sauce is the flavor! I tested this recipe many, many times until I found the perfect combination of spices and seasonings to make homemade BBQ sauce that is flavorful and tangy. It has just the right balance of sweet and spicy.
This homemade BBQ sauce is the best slathered on Grilled Chicken. Its also perfect to serve with Slow Cooker Pork Ribs, as a spread for my best Turkey Burger Recipe, or as a dipping sauce for Chicken Tenders. Use it to bring the best flavor to Crockpot BBQ Chicken and Instant Pot Pulled Pork. The possibilities really are limitless for what you can serve with this delicious homemade barbecue sauce!
Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Posted on Last updated:
This easy homemade barbecue sauce is delicious on pork, beef, or chicken. You can even add it to vegetables, soups, and sauces for additional flavor.
Whether you like your barbecue sauce spicy or sweet, you only need a few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry and fridge to make it yourself.
Its delicious on shredded chicken, pulled pork, chicken legs, beef brisket, and ribs. Its even delicious added to stews, soups, and sloppy joes.
You May Like: Stonewall Kitchen Pineapple Ginger Sauce
Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Pork Belly Burnt Ends is a recipe that takes a while, but theres a TON of flavor to make up for it!! Its really simple to make, and youll earn a whole tray of thick, tender smoked meat. Theres nothing quite as scrumptious as beautifully rendered, mouthwatering smoked pork burnt ends!!
I think my favorite thing about a smoked pork belly burnt ends recipe is that it can be made with leftovers! Theres nothing going to waste every inch of a smoked pork belly is unbelievably delicious!!
When I smoke pork belly, my family always knows whats on the menu the next day and theyre just as excited as I am!
Storing And Reheating Leftovers
Pork burnt ends typically keep well for about 4 days in the refrigerator.
One fantastic thing about pork belly burnt ends Theyre just as delicious when you reheat them the next day!
To reheat, spread them out on a rimmed baking sheet. Then, place them in the oven at around 350°F until theyre warm through the center.
You can also microwave them, but do so in short bursts to avoid overcooking, which will dry them out.
Don’t Miss: Hot Pepper Sauce Recipes Homemade
The Basics Of Bbq Sauce
You can make pretty much any sauce using one of two methods. Method one involves taking something thicklike a premade powder or the burnt stuff at the bottom of the panand adding fluids to it until its thin enough. The other method involves taking something thin and cooking it to minimize the water until its thick enough to call a sauce. For simplicity’s sake, opt for method two.
Now that we’ve got that sorted, it’s time to think about how you want your sauce to taste. Keep in mind this is for a classic red barbecue sauce. If you want to get fancy, there are other options, but well start here. Its what most people think of when they think barbecue.
A solid barbecue sauce is made up of six parts.
1. Something sweet. This can be honey, cola, molasses, preserves, brown sugar, or syrup. This caramelizes as you cook, brining those smoky, sugary flavors. This will make up about half of your core ingredients, depending on what you use.
2. Something tangy. Think vinegar, mustard, citrus, or citrus preserves. This is what brings the zing to your sauce, and makes up about a quarter of your core ingredients.
3. Something spicy.This is your heat: a hot sauce of your choosing and liking. Choose with care, and dont be afraid to put in a little more than youre used to. Aim for about half a teaspoon for every cup of sauce youre making.
Ingredient Notes And Swaps
- Pork Belly This cut of pork is particularly fatty, but fat is where the flavor comes from! Generally, a pork belly from the grocery store will weigh somewhere between 4 and 8 pounds. If you need a smaller cut, the butcher may be willing to cut it down for you.
- Sweet BBQ Rub This is a dry rub of my own design! Brown sugar for a caramel-like sweetness, New Mexico Chili powder for some fruity heat, and a handful of other seasonings for a salty and savory balance. Ultimately, you can use any dry rub you like, but this one is definitely my favorite!
- Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce A smooth, thick BBQ sauce that you can make right on your stovetop. Again, any brand will do, but you wont find one thats quite as tangy, smoky, and downright delicious.
Don’t Miss: Annie’s Original Bbq Sauce
What Are The Four Types Of Barbecue
You may have heard of different types of barbecues: Carolina, Kansas City, Texas, and Memphis. There are others of course, but these are the most popular styles. But what makes them different?
In Mere Minutes You Can Make Your Very Own Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Its essential to find a great barbecue sauce, especially for cookouts but it can easily be used on a variety of recipes throughout the year.
Although Im perfectly happy with store-bought sauces, I love to make my own too. Its SO EASY to make your own homemade barbecue sauce and honestly just takes a few minutes.
You May Like: How To Cook Pasta With Ragu Sauce
Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe Faq
Can you overcook pork belly burnt ends?
Absolutely smoking for too long dries out the pork belly cubes, leaving them tough and rubbery. So, be sure to keep your smoker around 225°F and dont add too many wood chips at one time, as excessive heat from the burning wood will definitely dry the meat.
Are pork belly burnt ends fatty?
Well, pork belly is a fatty cut of meat, so yes. However, most of the fat renders down during the smoking process, so it isnt as though youre biting into huge pieces of fat! Instead, the fat melts and flavors the pork, while also keeping it super moist and tender.
How do you tell when pork belly burnt ends are done?
Smoked pork belly burnt ends are already cooked once you get into the second half of the process, so at that point its really just about the texture and exterior. Ideally, you want a sticky coating of barbecue sauce on each pork belly cube. Once thats been achieved, get ready to dig in!!
Enjoy!With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Types Of Barbecue Sauce
I enjoy a spicy barbecue sauce, while my husband prefers a sweet barbecue flavor. Plus, each region seems to have a favorite type of sauce.
The Carolina barbecue sauce tends to be vinegar based, while the St. Louis style has more of a sweet-and-sour flavor with a kick of heat. Kansas City barbecue sauce tends to be sweeter.
Memphis barbecue is more of a dry rub than a sauce, but many people from the region still enjoy a sweet sauce. Texas barbecue sauce tends to have a smoky flavor with a little heat or in some cases, a lot of heat.
Regardless of the region you prefer, you can still alter the recipe to suit your personal taste. So while youre looking over the ingredients list and recipe, decide whether to follow it as-is or crank up a flavor you particularly like.
You May Like: 1.5 Oz Stainless Steel Sauce Cups
Side Dishes For Your Barbecue
When you serve barbecued anything, youll want to have some delicious side dishes. Here are some we enjoy:
Creamy Coleslaw Balance the flavors of your barbecue with this smooth but crunchy and creamy coleslaw.
Mamas Potato Salad My mothers potato salad was always a huge hit at any family gathering. In fact, no matter how much she made, it disappeared before anything else.
Easy Broccoli Slaw This easy-to-make side dish adds flavor, crunch, nutrition, and color to your barbecue dinner or any meal for that matter.