How To Make Greek Yogurt Ranch Chicken
If you want to make the ranch version of this yogurt chicken, add up to one envelope of store-bought ranch seasoning to the yogurt. If using homemade ranch seasoning, you will want to use 1-2 tablespoons per pound of chicken.
If you love the combination of ranch and buffalo sauce, consider drizzling some buffalo sauce on the finished dish.
Rosemary Lemon Chicken And Broccoli With Greek Yogurt Sauce
Before I talk about this recipe, let me just say that I am very aware of how ridiculous the blob of Greek yogurt looks in these pictureswhat was I thinking when I did that? Well, I thought at first that maybe it would be some sort of creative swirl like you see the professionals do on TV. And then I decided that I was really hungry and didnt care enough to fix it. Dont let the blob discourage you from making this! Its awesome, I promise.
I got the idea for this recipe from a fitness magazine, either Self or Fitness, I honestly cant remember. You basically use part of the Greek yogurt sauce as a marinade for the chicken. I was a little skeptical at first because how can Greek yogurt make a good marinade? Im still not positive that it did, but when I put the chicken on my George Foreman grill, the yogurt sort of caramelized. A lot of it stuck to the grill plates too. I will say that the chicken tasted really good this way, but if you dont want to use so much Greek yogurt, just use some olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice as a marinade instead.
Rosemary Lemon Chicken and Broccoli with Greek Yogurt SauceServings: 3 Calories: 216 Fat: 2 g Protein: 35 g Carbs: 13 g Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 146 mg Cholesterol: 69 mgIngredients:
- 3 chicken breasts, 4 oz each
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
What To Serve With This Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
There are many great sides and salads that compliment this grilled chicken recipe. You can throw some vegetable kebabs or on the grill, or some zucchini to make grilled zucchini boats! Add a hearty salad like piyaz or balela. I’m also a big fan of this simple lettuce salad with anything grilled.
Many people are big on adding something starchy next to grilled chicken, if that’s you, try these Greek baked fries, smashed potatoes, or this Mediterranean orzo salad.
- 2lemons, juiced
Read Also: How To Make Spaghetti With Tomato Sauce
Chicken Pasta With Greek Yogurt Sauce
November 19, 2020 by atasteofmadness
Easy Chicken Pasta with Greek Yogurt Sauce recipe. This super quick healthy dinner idea is the perfect weeknight comfort food.
Anyone feel like they have so much work to do lately that they dont even want to think about Thanksgiving?
Yeah.. thats me too. But maybe because I am Canadian I can get excused from celebrating this Thanksgiving as well? I am struggling with everything I have to do lately that I dont have the mental bandwidth to think of making a fancy elaborate dinner for Thanksgiving.
Do you think this Chicken Pasta with Greek Yogurt Sauce is acceptable Thanksgiving food?
Let me convince you by showing you how easy this dinner is to make. All you need is:
- boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
Usually when I want chicken and pasta, I will make my Baked Cheesy Chicken Pasta, but even that sounded like it would take too long for me.
This pasta is ready in under 30 minutes, so this pasta recipe is perfect for a last minute dinner idea. Or when you are so tired that you dont want to think about making food.
I know Im a food blogger, but sometimes those days exist for me too!
So what do you think? Thanksgiving material?
In the year 2020, I think we get a pass on not doing everything to perfection. Quick dinners and last minute ideas are soooo in this year.
- salt and pepperto taste
In the same skillet, cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add cayenne pepper. Mix in the chicken broth.
Chicken Enchiladas With Greek Yogurt Sauce
I have not been very good about posting recipes this week! Seth has been out in the field since last Monday, so on Wednesday I flew to Washington to visit with my adorable baby niece again and got back late last night. I am absolutely spoiling myself by seeing her twice within one month. I meant to post a few recipes while I was there, but I couldnt stand not spending as much time with her as possible!
But these Enchiladas are worth the wait!
So when I was visiting my family in New Mexico for Christmas, we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch one day. My sister-in-law, Jess, was talking about these Enchiladas she loves that have a sour cream sauce rather than a traditional red or green sauce. I had never heard of a sour cream based sauce used for Enchiladas, but they had them at the restaurant, I ordered them, and they were delicious.
Then I was thinking, what a perfect recipe to put on my blog using Greek Yogurt in the sauce instead of sour cream! Greek Yogurt is so dang healthy for you and is packed with protein double the amount that you would find in regular yogurt. One of my favorite things about Greek Yogurt is how many things you can use it as a substitute for. I always use it instead of sour cream, I use it instead of mayonnaise in potato salad and egg salad, or Ill put a dollop of it into soups or pasta for added creaminess without the calories and fat of heavy cream.
Here is the recipe!
Recommended Reading: How Do You Make Coleslaw Sauce
More One Pan Chicken Meals
- This amazingly delicious Greek chicken and potatoes makes it onto our dinner table regularly. We always have it with a Greek salad and Greek yogurt or tzatziki, and it hits the spot every single time!
- Ever tried orzo? This creamy lemon chicken soup with orzo will be on the table in just 30 minutes.
- Weve been making this baked chicken and chorizo with cherry tomatoes for years. Try it once and it just might become one of your go-tos as well.
- Chicken and rice is the ultimate crowd pleaser, so why not try this 30-minute stove-top chicken and rice?
- Or browse all my easy one pan meals!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BELOW AND DONT FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL!
FOLLOW ME ON , , AND .
How To Grill A Juicy & Tender Chicken Breast
- Use a marinade that contains some type of acidity to tenderize the meat. Like vinegar, wine, or like used in this recipe, lemon juice.
- Butterfly the chicken aka slice it open to be evenly thick all over. If you cook a chicken breast as is, then the thinner parts will get dry until the thicker parts get cooked.
- Preheat well. Make sure your grill, grill pan, or griddler is very hot when you are about to add the chicken. This creates an instant sear, securing the juices inside the chicken.
- Sear, sear, sear before you flip. If you flip the chicken too soon, before it makes that nice seared crust it will start to release its juices and drain. So once you add the chicken leave for a few minutes usually 4-5 depending on temperature and wait until it gets brownish in color before you flip it to its other side. If you are afraid that it will burn on the outside and remain uncooked on the inside, then once it has the right color all over , drop the temperature to medium, medium-low until it cooks on the inside.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to be 100% sure. The internal temperature should be 165°F 74°C. That’s the right temperature for perfectly juicy and tender chicken every time!
- 1lemon cut in 4
Recommended Reading: Velveeta Cheese Sauce For Macaroni
Greek Chicken Gyros With Yoghurt Sauce
- 3h 40m prep
Homemade flatbread really takes the and yoghurt sauce to the next level! But if youre pressed for time, just pop a packet of pita bread in your shopping trolley or even better, souvlaki wraps if you can find them.
How To Marinate Your Chicken
The best way to get complete coverage of your greek yogurt chicken with the marinade is to use a bag meal prep containers or bowls just done have the same surface coverage.
Over the years, Ive phased out plastic bags in favor of reusable silicone bags. Here are my faves:
- use the sandwich Stasher bags for 1 lb
- use the ½ gallon Stasher bags for 2 lbs
*even after freezing this yogurt curry chicken marinade, the stasher bags washed clean and did not stain with the marinade!
Also Check: How To Make Hot Wing Sauce
Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken
Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken takes only a few minutes to put together and results in delicious, moist, flavor packed chicken that your family will absolutely love.Jump to Recipe and Video
Greek Yogurt Chicken with Parmesan cheese is a five ingredient recipe that will quickly become a mainstay in your dinner rotation. It is so easy to make and you will be shocked at how flavorful and moist the chicken turns out.
Funny thing about this chicken. The first time I made it, it was with enormous skepticism. The idea of cooking chicken in yogurt threw me off. Hot yogurt, it doesn’t really seem that appealing and let’s be honest, sounds pretty awful. But somehow, I promise, the end result is anything but awful. The yogurt, Parmesan, and garlic combine to create a creamy sauce that’s really tasty. Plus the yogurt does an amazing job of keeping the chicken moist and tender. You don’t have to worry about dry chicken breast. It is one of those things that just works even though you think it won’t.
Greek Chicken With Yogurt Cucumber Tomato And Feta Salad
Yield: Cook Time: Total Time:
This Greek Chicken with Cucumber Salad is an easy, refreshing meal with herbed yogurt coated chicken seared quickly in a skillet, and served with fresh cucumber and tomato salad.
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 English cucumbers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
You May Like: Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar Bbq Sauce
How To Make Chicken With Greek Yogurt Sauce:
Preheat the oven and heat a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Add vegetable oil to the skillet, then the chicken breasts, skin side down.
Cook the chicken, without turning, for about 10-15 minutes until nice and golden brown.
Flip the chicken over, add the green garlic , and place in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 degrees.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and tarragon.
Serve the chicken with the Greek yogurt sauce spooned over.
Chicken With Greek Yogurt Sauce
This Chicken With Greek Yogurt Sauce recipe is a meal packed with bold Mediterranean flavours and its super simple to make!
Do you like chicken? Maybe youre a vegetarian so you arent interested in chicken, but how about Greek yogurt sauce? Im sure you know a lot about that, but do you know how to cook it together with the chicken? Because its delicious.
Recommended Reading: Chick Fil A Sauce Bottle Walmart
About This Greek Yogurt Chicken Marinade Recipe
Im always looking for new easy healthy marinade recipes to make at home and this Greek yogurt chicken marinade recipe is my familys latest favorite!
The ingredient list is surprisingly simple but the results are absolutely AMAZING.
If you feel like you struggle to make tender, juicy chicken at home then youve got to try this method.
Using garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest also helps to infuse tons of delicious flavor into each bite while keeping the flavor profile versatile enough to add to almost any dish.
I put directions for you below on exactly how I use this to marinate and grill chicken. It works great for either chicken breasts or chicken thighs so you can use whichever you happen to have on hand.
Why Is This Recipe Awesome
Using yogurt as a marinade is one of the tastiest tricks in a chefs recipe book. With such a rich and zesty flavor, this easy chicken marinade is one of my favorite Greek Yogurt Recipes.
- This simple yogurt marinade for chicken packs maximum flavor with minimum work. Even beginner chefs can whip up this authentic Middle Eastern meal in no time.
- Transform this Greek yogurt chicken recipe into an easy weeknight dinner with just a few minutes of advanced prep time. So, go ahead and add it to your meal prep recipes collection.
- Chicken marinated in Greek yogurt is one of the most versatile recipes you can make all year long. With one easy recipe, you can cook this healthy chicken on the grill, in the oven, or on the stovetop using any type of chicken you prefer.
Read Also: Dipping Sauce Holder For Car
What Does Marinating Chicken In Yogurt Do
Why marinate chicken in yogurt? Who would have thought that pairing meat with yogurt was a good idea? Well it is, trust me. Yogurt does miraculous things when it hangs out with chicken ! I love marinating chicken in yogurt because it actually helps tenderize the meat and keep it moist during cooking. giving it an amazing texture.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Sauce
If you really want to add a punch of flavor to the barbecued chicken you can use the marinade as a sauce. The sauce is VERY powerful and in my opinion, you only need to add a dab on the chicken. But my daughter , slathers her chicken in the sauce. Its really up to you how much you would like to add!
All you need to do is pour the marinade into a small saucepan . Bring the marinade up to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for at least a minute to kill any bacteria. If you cook it for longer, you will begin to cook out the water and the sauce will become very thick.
Heat the Marinade to a Boil to Use as a Sauce
Also Check: Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce
Grilled Chicken Marinated In Yogurt Ingredients
You will want to use all fresh herbs in this marinade. More details about ingredient amounts are listed below in the recipe card.
- Chicken: I love making this recipe with chicken breasts. You could also use chicken thighs, but cooking time is going to be different.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice is needed for this marinade, not the juice in the bottle.
- Salt: I used sea salt.
- Pepper: Freshly ground pepper.
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil for oiling grill.
Use Fresh Cilantro, Mint, Lemon Juice, Garlic, and Ginger
Grilled Chicken With Yogurt Sauce + Greek Fries
You won’t believe how much flavor you can get out of such simple and basic ingredients. This juicy Grilled chicken is made with a quick 30-minute Greek marinade. Served with a refreshing 2 minute to make Greek yogurt sauce and the most scrumptious + healthier Greek fries cooked in olive oil .
In other words, this Greek Chicken With Yogurt Sauce has it all. It’s quick, flavorful and healthy and you can make it either on a grill , on your stovetop using a grill pan , or even on a griddler.
You May Like: Ragu Sweet Italian Sausage Sauce
Should You Marinate Chicken Thighs For Grilling
Now, should you marinate chicken thighs before cooking on the grill. Yes! Although it’s not a requirement, marinating the chicken for 2 to 4 hours or so will give you delicious, boldly flavored grilled chicken. But if you don’t have the time, even 30 minutes or so will make a difference. You can also marinate the chicken in the fridge overnight, just don’t add citrus until the last couple hours of marinating time.
Yogurt Marinated Chicken Breast Variations
- Switch up the flavor. For a different flavor switch out the lemon for lime juice.
- Different chicken parts. Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Make it spicy. For a bit of spice, add in a jalapeño into the blender while making the marinade. You could also add dried cayenne or chipotle.
- Use marinade with different meat. You can use other meats with this marinade like beef or pork, cooking time will be different.
Grilled Chicken Can Stay in the Refrigerator for 3-4 Days
Read Also: How To Make Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
More Seasoning Ideas & Substitutions
- Chicken: Though I prepare this recipe with boneless skinless chicken thighs, you can use any type of chicken you prefer . Whole chicken, boneless skinless chicken breasts, and bone-in chicken thighs with skin are all delicious options.
- Yogurt: I used whole Greek yogurt to make my chicken yogurt marinade. However, any plain whole milk yogurt would work to make this authentic Greek marinade for chicken.
- Seasoning: Want to give the Greek seasoning in my chicken marinade even more flavor? Take your marinade seasoning to the next level by adding spices like sumac, red pepper flakes, Aleppo pepper, coriander, smoked paprika, and chili powder. For earthy undertones, you can also add dried herbs, like dill, basil, and thyme.
- Garlic: I prefer using fresh garlic in this recipe, but in a pinch, you can substitute it with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Fresh herbs: If you want to infuse your Mediterranean marinade for chicken with garden-fresh flavor, fresh herbs are the way to go. Fresh oregano, fresh dill and fresh mint will also brighten every bite of this chicken dish.