Chicken Parm Pasta Ingredients
- Pasta: Use small or medium size pasta like penne, ziti or rigatoni.
- Chicken: Boneless and skinless chicken breast. Boneless chicken thighs can also be used.
- Oil: I use olive oil but any mild oil can be used.
- Aromatics: Onions and fresh garlic.
- : You can make your own homemade marinara sauce or use store bought sauce.
- Cheese: Shredded Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes.
- To Garnish: Parsley and/or fresh basil
What You Need To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is that it takes simple, wholesome ingredients, and turns them into something magical. Here is what you need to make Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan:
- Prego Traditional: This thick and hearty sauce offers the perfect way to build flavor in this Chicken Parmesan without having to round up a bunch of spices or simmer a sauce for hours. Prego already does the work for you with this sauce. It tastes homemade and its no surprise it is the #1 Italian sauce in America.
- Crushed Tomatoes: We built flavor with Prego Traditional now it is all about texture. If you do not have crushed tomatoes, you can sub more Prego Traditional.
- Chicken Breast: Simmered low and slow in the crock pot, means you get tender, juicy chicken.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a little seasoning for the chicken.
- Penne Pasta: Feel free to sub out another pasta if needed.
- Minced Garlic: Adjust to preference.
- Parmesan Cheese: It wouldnt be Chicken Parmesan without the Parmesan. Select your favorite Parmesan and use it generously in this dish.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Adds creamy goodness and that stretch we all love.
- Parsley: A fun garnish to brighten things up!
What Should I Serve With Chicken Alfredo
This dish is so filling, which makes it the perfect quick dinner. But I love serving it with a simple salad, some garlic bread, or even a side of veggies if I didnt add them into the pasta.
My favorite salad to eat with pasta is this copycat Olive Garden Salad with the Italian Dressing. I either go for the homemade garlic bread or the foccacia. Both are delicious, I just need those carbs! Such a perfect dinner!
Easy Pasta Recipes
This recipe is just perfect for Mondays. The easier the better if you ask me! And if you like this One Pot Chicken Alfredo Skillet, be sure to check out our Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet or our One Pot Pasta Caprese! Super similar, but with a different flavor profile. Both are two of my favorite recipes on the site! Cant go wrong with a one pot recipe.
See the recipe card for details on how to make this One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe. Enjoy!
I LOVE alfredo, so be sure to try my other alfredo favorites:
Also Check: Raos Keto
What Is The Best Alfredo Sauce Brand
Here, the best Alfredo sauces to stock your pantry.
- Best Overall: Little Italy in the Bronx Alfredo Sauce.
- Best Budget: Classico Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce.
- Best Gluten-Free: Newmans Own Alfredo Pasta Sauce.
- Best Vegan: Primal Kitchen No Dairy Alfredo Sauce.
- Best Classic: RAGÚ Classic Alfredo Sauce.
You May Like: Raos Arrabbiata Sauce Review
Top Tips For Making The Very Best Beef Ragu
- Dont rush the soffritto or you wont get the real depth of flavour.
- Make sure to use 50/50 ground beef and pork.
- Use high-quality passata as cheaper brands can be very acidic.
- Use a red wine thats good enough to drink and never use cooking wine.
- Try to use the highest quality beef stockor broth you can find if not homemade. This sauce is super simple so high-quality ingredients are important.
- If serving the traditional way with tagliatelle pasta then boil the pasta then add it straight into the ragu and toss to coat before serving.
You May Like: Hershey’s Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Bertolli Creamy Basil Alfredo Sauce
Another Alfredo sauce by Bertolli is the Creamy Basil Alfredo, recommended by one Reddit reviewer who uses it for preparing a favorite comfort food, mushroom chicken parsley white wine short pasta.
It is a classic Alfredo sauce, with cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese, flavored with basil and a hint of garlic.
The Bertolli Creamy Basil Alfredo Sauce goes well with pasta and ravioli. However, some customers say it is sometimes hard to find.
Icons / Ellipsis / Ellipsis
Read Also: Hot Ones Monthly Box
Also Check: Campbell’s Garlic Butter Chicken Sauce
Baked Penne With Triple
- Category: Mains
My version of the Italian-inspired classic dish combines a variety of tomatoes, spinach, and low-fat cheeses in a way that appeals to all palates. The flavor is mild, so feel free to up the seasoning. Enjoy it guilt free.
23 cloves garlic, chopped or 2-3 cubesGefen Frozen Garlic
1 pound penne, cooked for 7 minutes, or al dente
6 ounces frozen spinach, rinsed
6 ounces shredded Natural & Kosher Muenster cheese
2 slices low-fat American cheese, cut up
You Dont Need Lots Of Sauce
To me, chicken parmesan is all about perfectly cooked and crispy chicken, cheese, and a little sauce. Too much sauce can make the chicken soggy so we only use a small amount.
In addition, I love baking the chicken on top of the marinara sauce and then only add a tablespoon to the top of the chicken. This way, the breading remains crisp on top and you have just enough sauce to make sure the dish isnt dry.
Don’t Miss: Best Raos Sauce
Prego Alfredo Sauce Bacon Recipes
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips. 2 tablespoons olive oil. 3 cups broccoli florets or red bell peppers cut into 1-inch pieces. 3 cloves garlic, minced. 1 jar Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce. Get Ingredients. Powered by Chicory.
Cauliflower cut into small florets handful of Prego Macaroni and grated Parmesan combined to bake and serve now or freeze and serve later. Preheat oven to 375. The three cheeses in the Prego Artisan Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce are White Cheddar Parmesan and Romano. Shallot Bacon Butter Sauce.
Recommended Reading: Texas Pete Hot Sauce Recipe
There Are Thousands Of Chicken Parmesan Recipes In This World
Make 6 servings
Looking for more great low point casserole dishes? Be sure to check these recipes out:
What Ingredients do I need for this Chicken Parmesan Bake?
- Chicken: What is so great about this dish-is that you can use that leftover chicken you have in your fridge. It can be rotisserie, grilled, or baked chicken skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I usually use Tysons pre-cooked, grilled skinless, boneless chicken tenders. Just dice or shred and place the chicken bite size pieces at the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cheese: I use two kinds of cheese in this Chicken Parmesan Bake. Grated Parmesan and Shredded Mozzarella.
- I love to cook a large batch of my Zero Point Marinara Sauce and freeze it for meals like this. For this recipe I like a thicker sauce-and therefore recommend leaving out the water so it has a THICK consistency. My Zero Point Marinara Sauce gives this dish flavor and keeps it low in points. You could also use jarred store bought pasta sauce. The one that I love and use when I dont have my homemade sauce on hand is Prego No Sugar Added Pasta Sauce. Its lower in points and tastes great!
- Bread Crumbs: The Italian style breadcrumbs mixed with a little bit of melted light butter gives this bake a nice flavorful crunchy topping. You can also use Panko breadcrumbs mixed with 1 tsp Italian seasonings, and a dash of salt and pepper or Progresso Italian style bread crumbs.
Also Check: Rao Spaghetti Sauce Costco
Directions For How To Make Jar Alfredo Sauce Better
Im sure there are plenty of ways to do this, but Ive found this to be the easiest way. Feel free to switch out the ingredients to ones you prefer.
I believe that the best flavors are the ones you and your family like. I also highly recommend choosing just a few of the above ingredients to test the first few times.
Pour the jar of Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan and turn the burner to medium-high heat. As soon as you see a couple of bubbles, turn it down to medium-low heat.
Now start adding the ingredients you like. I highly recommend sautéing the onions if you choose chopped onions as one of the ingredients because that brings out the flavor.
I used all dried seasonings because thats what I had. But if you have access to fresh ingredients, I highly recommend using those.
My pepper mill is still packed , so I used already ground pepper. Fresh ground pepper is much better. Or you can use white pepper.
I added chopped chicken that I cooked earlier to make chicken Alfredo. If you dont have fresh cooked chicken, you can use the canned version. After its added to the cream sauce with the other ingredients, you probably wont be able to tell the difference.
As you add ingredients, you may want to turn the burner up to medium heat to keep the sauce hot. After everything has been added and the flavors have blended, its time to serve it.
Ingredients To Make Jar Alfredo Sauce Better
My simple recipe only needs a few extra ingredients for the best results. However, you need to please your taste buds, so try different things.
I typically add 5-6 extra ingredients, but you might like more or less. Its all up to you to make it your own sauce with the same or different ingredients.
Here are some things you can add to your own Alfredo sauce to make it delicious:
- Garlic in any form
- Parmesan cheese
- Any type of fresh herbs
I also like to add some protein, and I prefer chicken, either chopped or shredded. Or if you prefer seafood, fish and shrimp are good too.
If you want to add color to your Alfredo sauce, top it with chives, parsley flakes, or pieces of red bell pepper.
I do this because I think that when food looks good it also tastes better.
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Tomato Stains From Clothes
Prepare The Sauce And Pasta
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté till fragrant, about one minute. Add chopped tomatoes and cook two more minutes.
Add canned tomatoes, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1520 minutes. Midway, add the marinara sauce.
Meanwhile, cook penne. Drain, but do not rinse.
Add spinach to the sauce and cook covered for four minutes, or until softened. Stir together well. Taste and adjust seasoning. Feel free to add oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, etc. Add this to the pasta and mix together in a large bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit . Line an 8- x 12-inch oven-to-tableware dish with Gefen Parchment Paper, lightly buttered.
Pour half of the pasta mixture in the pan. Sprinkle half the Muenster cheese and the cut-up American cheese on top.
Top with remaining pasta and sprinkle with the rest of the Muenster cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden on top. Cover midway if cheese starts to burn. Remove from oven and let sit a few minutes before serving.
You can sub any kind of cheese you prefer. The idea is to have two different kinds and to keep the fat to a minimum.
If you prefer a creamier dish, pour an 8-ounce container of 9% cooking cream or half-and-half over the second layer of pasta before topping with cheese. Bake as above. Both versions are delicious.
Also Check: Rao Sauce On Sale
One Pot Spaghetti With Meat Sauce Is The Perfect Simple Weeknight Meal Using Only One Pot Everyone Will Rave About This Easy Dinner Dish
I am SO excited to share another delicious one pot pasta recipe with yall! Ive already shared some of my most popular one pot recipes such as One Pot Spicy Noodles and Easy One Pot Jambalaya. One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, is perfect for a quick weeknight meal its easy, fast, affordable and delicious! Add this to your weekly meal plan and serve it with aSimple Wedge Salad or air fryer roasted asparagus for the perfect dinner!
Its EASY to make this simple one pot meal, heres how
Recommended Reading: Best Hot Sauce For Weight Loss
Best Budget: Classico Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce
Just because you want to keep your grocery bill as low as possible doesnt mean you have to reach for a less-than-stellar jar. This Alfredo sauce holds its own against its more expensive competitors, thanks to a classic formula bursting with flavor. That rich and creamy taste and texture are largely attributed to the fact that the gluten-free sauce is made using fresh cream then blended with butter, aged Parmesan, and chunks of black pepper.
Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
Recommended by one Reddit user as the best shelf Alfredo, Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce has an authentic Italian flavor, as it is made from a delicate blend of cream, Parmesan, and garlic.
The sauce is creamy and thick, and it is best used with spaghetti, fettuccine, and linguine.
The manufacturing company recommends using it for Fettuccine Alfredo, chicken, and shrimp Alfredo. According to Amazon customers, the Homestyle Alfredo is great for making quick macaroni and cheese 2/3 cups macaroni, 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and Tuna casserole.
Recommended Reading: Best Hot Sauce For Bloody Mary
What Is The Best Tasting Store
There are many store-bought Alfredo sauces of good quality and excellent flavors at the store. But theres no guarantee that all of them will suit your needs. They all vary in price, taste and have different ingredients, so it can be hard to pick the right one especially if there are so many options to chose from.
For you to find what you really like, you will have to choose it out for yourself because everyone has their own tastes, but that doesnt mean that we cant give you some pointers and recommendations.
Simply Organic Alfredo Sauce Mix
An Alfredo sauce mix containing only organic ingredients, dry milk, potato starch, sea salt, garlic, rice concentrate, pepper, and nutmeg, the Simply Organic Alfredo Sauce Mix is a good choice for those who want clean ingredients in their food.
Also, as it is gluten-free, the sauce mix caters to those with dietary restrictions, offering a flavorful alternative to bland sauces.
One Amazon reviewer describes the Simply Organic Sauce Mix as creamy, cheesy, a bit more peppery than expected, and packed with flavor. We totally agree!
Recommended Reading: Varsity Chili Recipe Copycat
How To Serve Alfredo Sauce
My husband and I like fettuccini Alfredo. Since I have a gluten sensitivity, I get fettuccini pasta thats gluten-free.
You can serve this however you like, but Ive found this to be the best way to serve this easy recipe.
After cooking the pasta and putting it on the plate or in the bowl, I scoop some pasta sauce over it. Then I top it with parmesan or a blend of parmesan and Romano.
Its always good to enjoy any pasta dish with a side salad or steamed vegetable. My husband also enjoys a slice of crusty Italian bread with butter.
Dont Miss: Sugar Free Spaghetti Sauce Walmart
How To Spice Up Alfredo Jar Spaghetti Sauce
You might love spaghetti sauce, but not the traditional marinara type spaghetti sauce. The sauce you might really love on your spaghetti is alfredo sauce. Alfredo sauce is absolutely delicious over spaghetti. It is eaten often with shrimp or chicken as well. Alfredo sauce is my absolute favorite sauce to put on my spaghetti. A lot of people might prefer it over fettucini or penne, but I am just as happy pouring it over spaghetti. You can make homemade alfredo or use jar alfredo sauce. If youre using jar alfredo sauce, you probably want to learn how to spice it up to make it taste better.
One of the things you can do to make your Alfredo taste better is adding veggies. Just like with red spaghetti sauce, the veggies really improve it. You can add vegetables like onions, garlic, spinach, broccoli, or peas. Those are great options to make it taste better. You can add spices like garlic powder, dried basil, or pepper. Adding fresh basil is great too! You can add Parmesan cheese to make it even cheesier, and you can add one of the most popular meats on the planet. Bacon. Adding crumbled bacon into your Alfredo will really give it an amazing taste. You really cant go wrong with bacon! Now, you know how to spice up Alfredo spaghetti sauce too.
You May Like: Freddy’s Sauce Recipe
Variations On The Recipe
There are a few ways you can make this, and you can add or take our ingredients as you wish. It can be made completely without cheese, if you like. You can also add broccoli to it and make Instant Pot chicken broccoli alfredo with jar sauce.
For the broccoli version, just add your broccoli at the same time you add the noodles. This should make your broccoli tender and tasty and cook it all the way through. Its best to dice the broccoli into small pieces so its easier to eat.
Its okay to use frozen chicken as well for this recipe. To make Instant Pot frozen chicken alfredo with jar sauce, you need to thaw out the chicken. You can do that by placing it in the fridge one or two days ahead of time. Or you can defrost the chicken in the microwave or rest it in a bowl of cold water.
When preparing this dish, it is not a good idea to rinse the chicken. Rinsing it is not necessary, and if you do rinse it, you can spread germs all around and cause contamination.
You can make the alfredo sauce yourself, but that will significantly increase the prep time. If you do make your own sauce, you can still follow the directions above and add the sauce at the same point in the recipe for similar results. A homemade alfredo sauce can be more flavorful, but it can also be tricky to make, so its up to you if you want to take the risk.
You May Like: Vegan Lunch Recipes For Beginners