What To Serve With Pork Chops:
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. .
What Is The Best Way To Cook Pork Chops
There are several options for cooking pork chops.
You can grill them for 4-8 minutes per side, depending on how thick they are for 3/4 inch pork chops I grill at about 400F for 4 minutes per side. You can also pan fry them over medium heat for 4-8 minutes per side . Or you can bake them at 400F for 20-30 minutes, turning them once.
The exact cook time will really depend on the thickness of your pork chops, so use a meat thermometer to judge when theyre done. Pork chops are done when their internal temperature is 145 degrees F. After you remove them from the heat, let them rest for 5 minutes under some foil before serving them.
The most important thing is to not over cook your pork chops, or they will be dry. You can use a meat thermometer if youre not sure how to tell when the pork chops are done. More importantly, trust the thermometer! Resist the urge to slice into them to check, because they continue to cook after you remove them from the heat. You dont want to cook pork chops until they look done inside. If you do this, they will be over-done by the time you sit down to eat.
Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
Pork chops are seriously underrated. They are relatively inexpensive, easy to prepare and can emerge as flavorful and as juicy as a steak when marinated. Best of all, this pork chop marinade recipe couldnt be any easier or more delicious! The marinade does all the heavy lifting and takes less than 5 minutes to whisk together making dinner time a breeze. You can even prep the marinade in advance or double or triple the recipe and freeze for later.
Now, lets talk flavor. The chipotle maple pork chop marinade is slightly adapted from my Chipotle Maple Chicken because I am obsessed! And Im not the only one. Recently a reader commented on that recipe:
I just made this tonight and I gotta sayeasily one of my favorites. That glaze/marinade is LIFE! I could honestly put it in a bowl, grab a spoon, and go to town. As always, thanks for another amazing recipe. Melissa
This reputed pork chop marinade creates melt-in-your-mouth tender, juicy pork chops with complex sweet, tangy, and spicy notes. Its made with pure maple syrup, orange juice, apricot preserves, balsamic vinegar and splashes of soy sauce and Dijon mustard along with chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano and orange zest for a rainbow of flavor in every bite.
If youre worried about the spice level, you can control the heat simply by adding more or less chipotle chile pepper to make it YOUR perfect pork chop marinade.
Recommended Reading: Pesto Sauce Recipe For Pasta
How Long Should I Marinate Pork Chops
. However, you’ll get the best flavor penetration if you marinade your pork chops for 24 hours.
You can marinate them overnight or whip up the marinade in the morning and marinate the chops throughout the day until you’re ready to cook later that evening.
Even if you only have a single hour to marinate, it is worth doing it.
Tips For Making The Best Pork Chop Marinade
- Choose thick chops for the most tender meat.
- Pierce pork chops with afork all over to allow the marinade to penetrate into the meat.
- Always marinate your pork chops in the refrigerator, but bring them to room temperature about 15-20 minutes before cooking to promote even cooking and get tender meat.
- Dont overcook the pork chops! Remove them from the heat as soon as the internal temperature reaches 140°F , as the temperature will rise a few degrees afterward.
- Flip the chops using kitchen tongs instead of a fork, as puncturing them will cause juices to leak and the meat to dry out.
Also Check: What Aisle Is Cocktail Sauce In Grocery Store
How Should I Marinade Pork Chops
After a hour the pork chops will already benefit from the marinating. I prefer to let them marinate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours to get the most out of the marinade!
I love throwing my pork chops in the marinade so when I come home they are ready to go and I can have dinner in about ten minutes!
How To Store And Reheat Cooked Pork Chops
- Serve: dont leave the marinated pork chops at room temperature longer than 2 hours because they can start to grow harmful bacteria. If youre taking them to a potluck or barbecue, plan accordingly.
- Storage: transfer grilled pork chops to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Microwave: transfer pork chops to a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 60 seconds then at 15 second intervals as needed.
- Skillet: drizzle some olive oil in a nonstick skillet and heat to medium heat. Add pork chops, cover and cook until warmed through, flipping once.
- Oven: Transfer pork chops to a baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or just until warmed through.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Tiger Sauce
Cooking Pork Chops On A Frying Pan
Tips For Grilling Pork Chops
The trick to keeping things juicy is to cook them quickly, just a few minutes per side. Heres how:
2. Put some olive oil on the grill to prevent sticking
3. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes undisturbed with the lid on. Remove the lid, turn over, and cook 3 more minutes.
Thats it! Remove the chops and set aside covered with foil for 10 minutes to let them rest and stay warm, then serve.
Recommended Reading: The Last Dab Hot Sauce
What Spices Go Well With Pork Chops
This section teaches how to choose the best pork chop seasoning ingredients and how to make substitutions. See the recipe card for the dry rub recipe below for measurements.
- powdered garlic In addition to this, a teaspoon of onion powder could be added.
- paprika that has been smoked
- Alternatively, ordinary paprika will suffice.
- herbs that have been dried
- Thyme and oregano, both dry.
- White pepper can be substituted if desired.
- pepper cayenne
Soy Sauce Is The Secret Ingredient
Soy sauce?, I hear some of you think, dubiously.
YES. Soy sauce. NO it doesnt make this the least bit Asiany . Its a brine that injects the pork with juiciness and its better than the basic salt + water brine because its got more flavour to it.
If youve never tried a soy sauce based brine for a protein before, I think youre going to be very pleasantly surprised. Watch the video below the recipe the end when I press down on the pork chop to show how juicy it is. Thats courtesy of the soy sauce!
Im sharing this Pork Chop Marinade because I got all excited that I finally got a new BBQ. Living by the ocean means that anything that resides outdoors has a limited life and my current BBQ looks like an abandoned burnt out car.
While its terrific seared on the grill, it is of course great pan fried as well which is how I usually make it.
If its winter where you are, try this One Pan BAKED Vegetables and Rice youll love the seasoned rice! Nagi xx
You May Like: Hot Ones Hot Sauce The Last Dab
Why Should I Marinate Pork Chops
Marinating is an important flavor building component. A good marinade, like this zingy marinade, helps to add moisture to lean cuts of meat as well as tenderize the meat.
Aside from flavor and moisture, marinades can help with digestion and help to reduce carcinogens produced when cooking meats at high temperatures.
What Kind Of Pork Chops Are Best
If you dont have much experience cooking with pork chops, it might seem overwhelming to select which pork chops to use in this pork chop marinade recipe. Pork chops all come from the loin of the pig which runs along the back from hip, and are the most tender part of the animal but some cuts are better than others and some are just better for different cooking techniques.
I always recommend bone-in pork chops for grilling because they are juicer, cook more evenly and are slightly fattier which equates to more flavor. Pork rib chops are the most desirable cut. Sometimes packages will mix pork rib chops with bone-in loin chops which is also a good option. Here is a breakdown of the different cuts of pork chops:
Don’t Miss: Best Bbq Sauce For Diabetics
How To Cook Them In The Oven
How To Cook Pork Chops
We bake our pork chops at 350 degrees f.
- Baked Pork Chops How long to cook pork chops in the oven will depend on the thickness. We aim for 25-35 minutes, depending on the thickness. You always want to make sure theyre cooked to your liking by using a thermometer. The pork chop temperature should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit. I actually like to cook ours until theyre well done and it still is a great baked pork chop recipe if its well done!
- Grilled Pork Chops When youre making grilled pork chops boneless pork chops will definitely cook quicker than bone-in pork chops. Boneless typically take about 10-15 minutes total whereas bone-in will take 10 minutes longer. Boneless chops are our favorite cut of pork aside from bacon!
Also Check: Chicken Alfredo With Premade Sauce
Do You Rinse Marinade Off Pork Chops
If youre grilling, broiling, or pan-searing your pork chops, you should drain the marinade before cooking. Too much liquid while cooking can prevent the meat from browning. Its best to pat your chops dry with a paper towel for extra measure.
Now, if youre baking, braising, or slow-cooking your chops, no need to rinse. You can use your marinade as a rich sauce.
Important: Make sure to marinate your chops in a refrigerator and never at room temp. This keeps your food safe and flavor intact.
And if youll be cooking your marinade /using it as a sauce, make sure it comes to a complete boil. You may opt to boil your marinade separately then drizzle it onto your chops as well.
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Bone-in pork chops will typically cook a bit faster than boneless pork chops, and of course, thinner pork chops cook faster as well. The pork chops shown here are boneless pork chops that were roughly 1 – 1 ¼ inches in thickness.
- Pork chops are cooked to medium-rare when the internal temperature reads 145ºF on your digital meat thermometer, and this is the minimum temperature for safely consuming pork.
- The pork is cooked to medium when it has an internal temperature of 160ºF as read by a digital meat thermometer. Remove the pork from your grill when done, and allow the grilled pork chops to rest for 3 -4 minutes before serving.
Don’t Miss: How To Make French Toast Sauce
Can You Freeze Marinated Pork Chops
This pork chop marinade is seriously so perfect for freezing! Instead of marinating your pork for the recommended 12-24 hours, place the plastic bag right into the freezer. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Before cooking, let the pork chops thaw completely and then follow your favorite cooking method.
More of our Favorite
Is It Possible To Marinade Bbq Pork For An Extended Period Of Time
Its ideal to marinate pork tenderloin for at least 4 hours or overnight. If youre short on time, make sure the pork has marinated for at least 30 minutes. If youre using a citrus or vinegar marinade, marinate your pork for no more than 4 hours. Because of the acidity, the pork can become tough and chewy.
Read Also: Tony Packo’s Chili Sauce
What Is The Purpose Of Soaking Pork Chops In Milk
Milk tenderizes meat more effectively than other marinades. The milk enzymes soften the fibers and make the meat more tender by breaking down the proteins. The milk-tenderized pork chops will also stay juicier longer, reducing the likelihood of their drying up during cooking.
Yogurt or buttermilk are two more milk products that can be used to tenderize meat . They will, however, give the meat a tangier flavor, whilst milk will keep it tender and flavorful.
Can You Marinate Pork Chops In Soy Sauce
Soy sauce? I hear some of you ask, a little skeptically.
YES. Soy sauce is a sauce made from soybeans. NO, it doesnt make this even remotely Asian . Its a brine that adds juiciness to the pork and is superior to the standard salt + water brine because it has more flavor.
I think youll be pleasantly pleased if youve never tried a soy sauce-based brine for a protein before. Watch the video below the recipe to see how juicy the pork chop is when I press down on it. Thats all thanks to the soy sauce!
Because Im so excited that I finally received a new BBQ, Im sharing my Pork Chop Marinade. Because I live near the beach, whatever I keep outside has a finite lifespan, and my current BBQ resembles an abandoned burnt-out automobile.
While its delicious grilled on the grill, its also delicious pan fried, which is how I normally prepare it.
If youre grilling, try this Lemon Potato Salad and a garden salad with French Dressing, and browse our Grilling Ideas for more ideas.
Read Also: Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce
Easy Marinated Pork Chops Recipe
We love these Easy Marinated Pork Chops. Pork chops sometimes cook up dry, but this easy marinade makes the pork so juicy and full of perfectly-balanced flavor. Its fail-proof!
I love finding pork chop recipes that make the juiciest and most flavorful meal if you have a slow cooker, you are going to want to try these Slow Cooker Pork Chops and our Slow Cooker San Francisco Pork Chops they are the BEST pork chops!
If you are looking for a baked pork chop recipe, try these Sheet Pan Italian Pork Chops that cook with potatoes and carrots on the pan, making a complete dinner on just one pan!
This recipe also works great with chicken. Either cut of meat will be delicious.
Related Recipe: The slow cooker does all the work with this Ranch Pork Roast recipe. This family favorite dish is so easy to make.
Pork Chops Internal Temp
Juicy pork chops are not overcooked pork chops. According to USDA guidelines, pork chops are done when an internal thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reaches 145 degrees F this is the sweet spot for the juiciest pork. This temperature means the pork chops will be slightly pink inside which is OKAY.
This 145-degrees temperature is 15 degrees less than the old standards of 160 degrees F which would mean the pork would be completely cooked through without any pink. The research shows, however, that 145 degrees F is the same safety-wise as cooking pork to 160 degrees F AND yields much more tender pork.
You May Like: How To Make Homemade Sloppy Joe Sauce
What Temperature Should Pork Be Cooked To
Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. The easiest way to gauge if your pork is done is to insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the pork be sure that the thermometer is not touching the bone! Once youve reached the correct temperature, remove the pork from the heat and let it rest for 3 minutes before you slice it.
Once you try this pork chop marinade, youll find yourself using it on a regular basis! My family requests marinated pork chops all the time and Im always happy to oblige.